Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:35 PM

Hallo MT,

I was about to play against Bushwickbill with computer version, but when the game was just about to start the system failed. When I logged in again, I had lost 21 points. Luckily my next partner was again bushwickbill who confirmed in the thread I attach the case and that these points can be restored to me.

Can you please initiate this?

Https://imgur.com/a/JIHHLeU

Thank you

John

#2 innergamer

innergamer

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:30 AM

The MT will look into double / multiple chasing. Counter chasing isn't part of that as it doesn't meet the criteria of 

D/M chasing: To continuously attack one or more pieces where the opponent keeps evading. " 

continuously here reads as ' each consecutive move ' perhaps the wording on this could be improved later on. Although, the opponent doesn't evade one's attack should the opponent make an attacking move by him/herself, this no continuous chase :).

Hi, i played a game and was not awarded any points. I don't even think my win added to my profile.  I understand other issues like not being able to see who i have played with under the friend tab, even if i take care of it, is because my laptop is very old. I want to know if  there is a way for you to look at the game i just played( my account name is INNERGAMER) and award me the points i did not get. I want to say i already know your answer. Of course, you cant do anything for me... It's the first time it happens to me but i want to know if you can make any suggestions for that situation to not happen again. There is a recent topic on stratego.com about someone having the same issue. So, i am not the only one. Is there any way you can do that for me? I don't have any screenshot about it... Even if i had one would it be considered and the points awarded to me in case you can verify the fact the screenshot is authentic and valid? I am angry about that situation and hope all players from this day forth can always be awarded their points no matter what type of pc they are playing with or whether they took or forgot to take any screenshot.  

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:43 PM

Hallo MT,

I was about to play against Bushwickbill with computer version, but when the game was just about to start the system failed. When I logged in again, I had lost 21 points. Luckily my next partner was again bushwickbill who confirmed in the thread I attach the case and that these points can be restored to me.

Can you please initiate this?

Https://imgur.com/a/JIHHLeU

Thank you

John

I could view the screens, so a case will be opened, John.  

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#4 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:14 PM

Due to the confirmation from the opponent, 21 points will be deducted from bushwickbill and restored to Jesus_saves for a glitch in their game.  Pending admin action.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:02 PM

Hi, i played a game and was not awarded any points. I don't even think my win added to my profile.  I understand other issues like not being able to see who i have played with under the friend tab, even if i take care of it, is because my laptop is very old. I want to know if  there is a way for you to look at the game i just played( my account name is INNERGAMER) and award me the points i did not get. I want to say i already know your answer. Of course, you cant do anything for me... It's the first time it happens to me but i want to know if you can make any suggestions for that situation to not happen again. There is a recent topic on stratego.com about someone having the same issue. So, i am not the only one. Is there any way you can do that for me? I don't have any screenshot about it... Even if i had one would it be considered and the points awarded to me in case you can verify the fact the screenshot is authentic and valid? I am angry about that situation and hope all players from this day forth can always be awarded their points no matter what type of pc they are playing with or whether they took or forgot to take any screenshot.  

innergamer, I moved your post to this location as the subject matter is the same.  For glitch points that are lost the MT generally doesn't not move to restore them.  That is because they are something we all experience from time to time and in that sense the non-interference policy is fair.  But it's also being realistic.  The MT cannot obtain game log information to verify anything. Nor can our admin helpers.  We are always told it was very labor intensive for them to provide it to us so they just never do.  Only one time did they do so and that was in the infamous waterfall case, which I'm sure you're aware of.  But since then, never.  

On a brighter note one thing we will look into, though, is if you can show both the two games before and the two games after the disconnect to illustrate what your ELO did in this time.  Since our policy holds that corrections will occur in this time frame, we will request to restore points if you can prove otherwise.

The other exception to our policy above is if you can get your opponent to verify the points situation as Jesus_saves has done.

i77rs4m.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users