#61 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:11 AM

I really don't see how this MAT requirement is supposed to work.  With GMT there's one unified time.  With the MAT approach there's my time and also my opponent's time in addition to the GMT.  

Before, if a game thread uncovered that someone was in your local time you could revert to using that time for simplicity's sake.  But to require using this seems to be a problem, particularly when we are in the time of year where DST is changing and it's different for everyone.  So I'm supposed to talk in times local to my opponent and he, me?  I don't see how we'll know who's right and who's wrong with this approach. Things are confusing enough with just the GMT....

Also, just a programming request, but would it be possible for the player GMT's to be shown in the game arranging threads that you send out?

Thanks for reading.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#62 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,805 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:21 AM

MAT basically means the time offered is reasonable for both. If your EU opponent offers you 10 GMT it would be +- 4 AM US time which is not a reasonable time.

The flags are shown in PMs. One can lookup the timezones of that country.

It gets more complicated with daylight savings and the fact certain countries have multiple timezones.

For next WCO, I suppose I can add the GMT time to a player's record in the players tsble to be displayed together with the flag :).

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#63 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

So I'm supposed to talk in times local to my opponent and he, me.... Things are confusing enough with just the GMT....

To add to Nortrom's reply, I just wanted to clarify that the times you state should be in GMT.

And regarding the Mutually Acceptable Timeslots, you might be over-thinking it. When playing a European player, just avoid posting times that are in the middle of the European night - you shouldnt need too many calculators to work it out.

#64 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:25 PM

there is something strange in your pairings for round 4: in round 3 Great Manos and Henry Domerkant had a draw but in your list of ranking after round 3 it looks like Domerkant won?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#65 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,805 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

DXUCTtr.png

2Tah6JR.png

If the pairings of round 3 thread say 3:3, a mistake was made there.

#66 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:30 PM

To add to Nortrom's reply, I just wanted to clarify that the times you state should be in GMT.

Thank you. It only makes sense that GMT is the preferred method since it doesn't change. There's no way a person can know what another's time zone is just by knowing their country. Here in Indiana USA we have two time zones. Several states are similar and in some states, or parts thereof, DST is not recognized, making local time a big guess for someone from Europe.

As far as overthinking goes, maybe, but playing in the middle of the night can't be automatically deemed bad. I've played tobermoryx, an Englishman, at what must be 3 or 4 in the morning for him. He's such a night owl.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#67 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,805 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

If both are ok playing during one's night time, be our guest. 

We just want both players to offer times that are considered reasonable for the opponent.

#68 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:49 PM

Hello, Can someone add the unknown results of round 6 please?

• Napoleon 1er, FGP_ and IOLAUS1926 like this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#69 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,493 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:24 AM

Results 6th round

No Name Result Name

1 Nortrom 1.0:6.0 losermaker
2 gkaros 1.0:6.0 Grizzlybear
3 Yellowhat 6.0:1.0 hello124
4 Napoleon 1er 6.0:1.0 josephwhite
5 Don_Homer 1.0:6.0 OVERLORD
6 Major Nelson 6.0:1.0 Henry Domerkant
7 roeczak 1.0:6.0 Hielco
8 hondjekapitein 1.0:6.0 Playa1
9 texaspete09 6.0:1.0 damon13
10 astros 1.0:6.0 Jesus_saves
11 panther65 6.0:1.0 Spaher
12 Moghedien 1.0:6.0 PHAETON
13 vspy13 6.0:1.0 macedoniagr
14 IOLAUS1926 6.0:1.0 Napoleon 2eme
15 Papaflesas 1821 1.0:6.0 dutchkillers
16 GrShark 1.0:6.0 Morx
17 KARAISKAKIS 6.0:1.0 hellinon
18 Capt. Gunter 1.0:6.0 don mitsos
19 Great Manos 6.0:1.0 andreas94
20 Geo_Tsarpista 6.0:1.0 Fairway
21 GaryLShelton 1.0:6.0 Master Mind
22 leppie 6.0:1.0 nickoriginal21
23 TheOptician 6.0:1.0 STELIOS M
24 virusgr 1.0:6.0 Fks
25 22900VoRselaar 1.0:6.0 pasxalistz
26 fighter68 6.0:1.0 AWFly
27 yiaver 1.0:6.0 FGP_
28 Vasileios Nyxtas 1.0:6.0 MavrosKavalaris
29 Kambia 6.0:1.0 jimmys13
30 L70R 3.0:3.0 PK_13
31 Schulmeister 6.0:1.0 BYE 

#70 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Miner

• German Tournament Manager
  • 161 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

Player 'Spion...' has been removed from the tournament for breach of the Alias Register.8TaFTYv.png

Hallo OT, thank you for organizing this tournament and the time you spent with all of that work. I really appreciate it. Also for taking care that players register their aliases.

I just played with Spion (and he didn‘t ask me to write this...)

I played with him also before the WCO and even in the WCO. He told me openly that one alias he uses is Vinc&. so I have that in my record. This was before this years WCO. I don‘t know why Vincent didn‘t register this alias. I assume he just forgot? He is one of the best players on Stratego (especially I enjoy again and again his lesson in the end game). Usually I lead in the mid game and than I loose. He is a miracle player to me.

If I understand the rules correctly Vincent would also be blocked now for the next WCO.

I would like to speak up for him and ask you to show grace for the next WCO. He is definately not a setting scouter. And I believe the penalty to receive a red card with this WCO is enough....

Especially as he was not hidding the vinc& name to public this should be enough reason to show him grace for the next WCO.

But I don‘t know the full story what happened...

So thanks for your service to the stratego community.

John
  • dutchkillers, Don_Homer and Yellowhat like this

#71 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Lieutenant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:43 PM

His real name is Vince instead of Vincent  ;)

I agree with John

Yellowhat is the literal translation of my surname.

#72 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,805 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2018 - 05:25 PM

6.1 Persons who attempt to ruin the experience for others and/or are found guilty of misbehaving may be disqualified and/or excluded from future WCOs.

Especially note the and/or clauses - we review each DQ when a new WCO signup period starts. There is no automatic ban for DQed players.

WCO can, but is not required to, take over bans from other tournament organising parties.

#73 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 930 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:15 PM

Furthermore, if players want to operate secondary accounts, then it is their responsibility to ensure that they properly document them. No one forced Vince to make an alias account, so I have no sympathy for his mistake.

Cheesecake

#74 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:43 PM

so I have no sympathy for his mistake.

You should be the last one to make moral judgements on this topic. 

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#75 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 930 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

You should be the last one to make moral judgements on this topic. 

This is a different situation, particularly when he and his brother have previously been accused of artificially pushing their ratings. I probably will vote to reinstate next year. However, he made a mistake and it will be reviewed accordingly taking into account his conduct until then.

• texaspete09 likes this
Cheesecake

#76 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Miner

• German Tournament Manager
  • 161 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

Thank you Nortrom, so I assume that he will be able to participate at next WCO. I was not aware of this. I had in my memory that if you receive a bann in one WCO you more or less have also one for the next one.

Good news. I want to ensure the best guys will beat me...

(You also belong to them....)

John
  • Yellowhat likes this

#77 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

I agree to have him back at next WCO but not before that.
OL was punished for the same thing.
Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)

#78 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,805 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:51 PM

I agree to have him back at next WCO but not before that.
OL was punished for the same thing.

This statement is incorrect on two points

1. OL was not removed from WCO but did get expelled from TC tournaments for not disclosing an alias.

2. OL was not punished for the same thing, Spion.. has not denied or refused to tell the vinc& name to players he met in ranked games, unlike OL.

• texaspete09 likes this

#79 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

Hallo OT, thank you for organizing this tournament and the time you spent with all of that work. I really appreciate it. Also for taking care that players register their aliases.

I just played with Spion (and he didn‘t ask me to write this...)

I played with him also before the WCO and even in the WCO. He told me openly that one alias he uses is Vinc&. so I have that in my record. This was before this years WCO. I don‘t know why Vincent didn‘t register this alias. I assume he just forgot? He is one of the best players on Stratego (especially I enjoy again and again his lesson in the end game). Usually I lead in the mid game and than I loose. He is a miracle player to me.

If I understand the rules correctly Vincent would also be blocked now for the next WCO.

I would like to speak up for him and ask you to show grace for the next WCO. He is definately not a setting scouter. And I believe the penalty to receive a red card with this WCO is enough....

Especially as he was not hidding the vinc& name to public this should be enough reason to show him grace for the next WCO.

But I don‘t know the full story what happened...

So thanks for your service to the stratego community.

John

i completely support this remark above. I played vinc& some time at the beginning of wco and due to the account name i immediately recognize Spion. This demonstrates there was no bad intention to hide who he really is with the creation of this new alias. I told him to add his new account on the allias register and he did it right away. So yes there were a few days during which he played with Vinc& without having this new accoun tregistered but no there was no bad intention with it. That's why i support the request of Jesus to plead forgiveness for Spion for next wco .... 

• Don_Homer and Napoleon 2ème like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#80 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 635 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:21 PM

i completely support this remark above. I played vinc& some time at the beginning of wco and due to the account name i immediately recognize Spion. This demonstrates there was no bad intention to hide who he really is with the creation of this new alias. I told him to add his new account on the allias register and he did it right away. So yes there were a few days during which he played with Vinc& without having this new accoun tregistered but no there was no bad intention with it. That's why i support the request of Jesus to plead forgiveness for Spion for next wco .... 

Yes, when I played him in game he immediately told me who he was and has Always been friendly, isn't this year enaugh ?

I never lose, I win or I learn…

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users