Posted 4 days ago
1. This is a possible oversight on our part, we will discuss this further internally and decide how to proceed.
2. GMT is not required because for two players in the same timezone it might be easier to arrange a game in terms of local time. MATs are not required per say but their importance is outlined in rule 4.5. While a player does not have to provide MATs there are consequences for failing to do so.
The GMT timezone for every player is listed in the registration thread.
3. The WCO is a tournament and not a general game. Players cannot (easily) avoid opponents. The amnesty is a courtesy, if the WCO team suspects malicious intent then it can be revoked.
4. In practice, players can do a number of things that would be regarded as unfair. While the WCO team is unlikely to be able to catches these things, we believe that most players are honest and will follow the behaviors that we outline as unfair.
Does that mean some will still get away with cheating? Yes, but we hope that most will adhere to the fair play rules. Also note that if we do catch anyone cheating, they will be harshly punished.
5. This is semantics, the WCO's prerogative to adjust the rules is clearly outlined already in 6.6
6. All players should use the desktop version of the game because it is much easier to document problems that arise when one is on a computer. The fact that some players are permitted to play on the mobile app in contradiction to the rules is a courtesy and not an endorsement of that method.
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.