#41 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

Pls be informed that I would like to participate, if it’s possible , at this tournament.
Ps. Back again after long time.
Thank you.

If you fill in the alias register, we'll enter you onto the second round.

http://forum.strateg...eclarations-v2/

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#42 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,531 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:17 PM

Per section 3.3 the rules state that Buch will be the first tie breaker and then mBuch the second. Why wouldn't a head to head game be the first tie breaker?

In section 4.3 it is NOT stated that GMT times are required. In section 4.4 it is NOT stated that MAT times are required. One is a "should"; the other a "recommended".

Formerly game arrangements were 100% clear in that everything had to be stated in GMT times. The combining of the GMT with the MAT approach is a concoction steaming with the fumes of error. How am I supposed to state times accurately for my opponent's local time? It's difficult enough to deal with my own GMT, let alone my opponent's GMT...and now MAT. And then the same MAT requirement also applies to my opponent and now he is giving, or trying to give, times he believes are my local time. What a potential mess! I think moving away from the clear GMT requirement just muddies the waters for arranging games.

A comment: Section 5.2 mentions a one-time disconnect forgiveness. This is an example of a rule that works for tournaments but can't for the general site and normal games. Players would be able to duck opponents they didn't want to play if this were allowed in general games.

6.2 Cheating includes taking notes? This differs from the normal game. There's no GS&F rule against it. Besides anything else that may be said, I'm just curious how it could be proven that someone was taking notes in an online game?

For the recent rather heated discussion with Wogomite on 6.4/6.6 Iwould suggest a simple addition in section 1 somewhere to solidify the position of the WCO committee.

In section 7.1 you have a requirement to appear in the challenge zone. This is 100% NOT possible for new app players. Being online can be shown. Being a friend can be shown. Not appearing for a game can be shown. But none of these important things require a challenge zone appearance. I would suggest this rule be modified.

Thank you for reading.
  • TemplateRex likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#43 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:39 AM

Thanks. We'll look into it.

#44 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:58 PM

1. This is a possible oversight on our part, we will discuss this further internally and decide how to proceed.

2. GMT is not required because for two players in the same timezone it might be easier to arrange a game in terms of local time. MATs are not required per say but their importance is outlined in rule 4.5. While a player does not have to provide MATs there are consequences for failing to do so.

The GMT timezone for every player is listed in the registration thread.

3. The WCO is a tournament and not a general game. Players cannot (easily) avoid opponents. The amnesty is a courtesy, if the WCO team suspects malicious intent then it can be revoked.

4. In practice, players can do a number of things that would be regarded as unfair. While the WCO team is unlikely to be able to catches these things, we believe that most players are honest and will follow the behaviors that we outline as unfair.

Does that mean some will still get away with cheating? Yes, but we hope that most will adhere to the fair play rules. Also note that if we do catch anyone cheating, they will be harshly punished.

5. This is semantics, the WCO's prerogative to adjust the rules is clearly outlined already in 6.6

6. All players should use the desktop version of the game because it is much easier to document problems that arise when one is on a computer. The fact that some players are permitted to play on the mobile app in contradiction to the rules is a courtesy and not an endorsement of that method.
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#45 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:06 PM

May we know Spion's alias that was undeclared?
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#46 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

VINC& is one of his undelared accounts

#47 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

Spion... was removed for using the account VINC& without declaring it on the Alias Register.

#48 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,165 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:06 PM

Will you interview players this year, too? It's interesting to read the stories of other players. :)

• FGP_ and Fks like this

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#49 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:57 PM

We plan on doing a few.

• Major Nelson and Fks like this

#50 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:48 PM

Just out of curiosity:

How is it calculated who gets the bye? There are 6 players with equal points and buchpoints who are candidates? Is it randomly?

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#51 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:50 AM

Contrary to popular belief, (m)buch don't have effect on the pairings.

It picks the player with the lowest score --> lowest rating --> pairing conflicts --> alphabetically

I believe that's the order it is done in.

• Don_Homer likes this

#52 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

Contrary to popular belief, (m)buch don't have effect on the pairings.

It picks the player with the lowest score --> lowest rating --> pairing conflicts --> alphabetically

I believe that's the order it is done in.

Thanks for the clarification. Probably pairing conflicts are more important (yet rare in this case). Alphabetically should be no variable I believe. Better to have a Random choice if there are more candidates after the first 3 selections.

#53 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:13 PM

Yes, they're more likely to occur in later rounds. Drop-outs typically get near the bottom of the list, too.

Advantage of using name, as last resort, is that one can verify the process wasn't rigged. "random" can be not so random.  I'd have to experiment on it sometime, maybe.

#54 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:53 PM

Advantage of using name, as last resort, is that one can verify the process wasn't rigged. "random" can be not so random.  I'd have to experiment on it sometime, maybe.

Good point. I didnt think about that one. Online this cannot be checked. Its not too important luckily.

#55 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:09 PM

Anyone is invited to verify the process, it only takes the manual entry of 70+ players and +- 35 results per round ;).

• Wogomite likes this

#56 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,531 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:29 PM

6. All players should use the desktop version of the game because it is much easier to document problems that arise when one is on a computer. The fact that some players are permitted to play on the mobile app in contradiction to the rules is a courtesy and not an endorsement of that method.

Thanks for this detailed response, astros. I can appreciate that verification of some things is easier on the desktop version. It most certainly is, I agree. My point, to press this a bit further but mildly, is that as far as the rules go, Article 2.1 says that:

All games must be played on stratego.com.

It doesn't say on the desktop version.

Can it be technically said that the authorized site app is not "stratego.com"? If not, then Article 7.1, in my (again, mild) suggestion should be rewritten to accommodate the new app players. Thank you.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#57 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for this detailed response, astros. I can appreciate that verification of some things is easier on the desktop version. It most certainly is, I agree. My point, to press this a bit further but mildly, is that as far as the rules go, Article 2.1 says that:
All games must be played on stratego.com.
It doesn't say on the desktop version.
Can it be technically said that the authorized site app is not "stratego.com"? If not, then Article 7.1, in my (again, mild) suggestion should be rewritten to accommodate the new app players. Thank you.

Players should use the desktop website. If you do not wish to, then you risk not being able to document issues that arise.

#58 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:13 PM

I'm not familiar with this situation, but how will Loco Luc's withdrawal affect my Buch points?

#59 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:22 PM

3.5 per unplayed game from round 4 onwards.

• Master Mind likes this

#60 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,531 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:39 PM

The MT received this report directly today from L70R. Forwarding...

Posted Today, 01:29 PM

astros said

Round # 3 - L70R be.jpg vs. L3AF us.jpg

The WCO team wishes everybody a pleasant tournament! :)

Dear players,

You have been matched against eachother. This rounds lasts from 22-10-2018 untill sunday 4-11-2018 20.00 GMT.

The latest a game should start is 19.00 GMT. Any unfinished game after this period of time will be judged by the WCO team.

Both players are expected to display their expected availability for 7 days ( second week availability may be posted at the beginning of the second week), in GMT notation.

Please post your estimated availability in the following format:
Monday: 13.00 - 15.00 GMT
Tuesday: n/a
Wednesday: n/a
Thursday: 12.00 - 13.00 GMT & 20.00 - 22.00 GMT
Friday: 15.00 - 19.00 GMT
Saturday: n/a
Sunday 13.00 - 23.00 GMT

Please note that a timeslot indicates starting time, for example, Thursday says Thursday: 12.00 - 13.00 GMT & 20.00 - 22.00 GMT this would imply a player is ready to start a game as early as 12.00 GMT, and latest at 13.00 GMT. Aswell as, as early as 20.00 GMT and latest at 22.00 GMT
Rules
Questions and FAQ
WCO News Paper
Recording games for Windows
Recording games for MAC

Have fun!

- The WCO Team

L3AF Send me this

I have to withdraw. I'm too busy. I lose. Sorry for the busy schedule guys.

i77rs4m.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users