KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:38 PM

It occurs to me that although the MT does its due diligence by renaming accounts that have offensive or unacceptable names with their usual signature response:

Renamed 00/00

that this hardly dissuades or indicates a criteria upon which the MT wants to raise the level of quality on this gaming site.

I propose that the MT use far more creative resources to implement a disciplinary measure to help educate, influence, and dissuade these trouble-makers from continuing to foment their vulgar and derogatory practices and intents.

If a name has a graphic sexual connotation to it, let the rename be something such as:

Gentleman 247

Polite and Mannerly

Genteel General

Let these reprobates get a taste of some quality. Maybe they will dump the account and create a new offensive alias, but given enough of these renames, they may wear out.

If someone offers a disgusting politically related name, give them something like:

Nation of Peace

All are Equal

No Man is a Slave

Use some imagination and hit these guys where it hurts...only do it without being nasty and dropping to their level. This neutral crap is a cop-out. If they are going to break rules by creating names that are offensive and vulgar, give them a name that goes against this platform.

That is how you will plant seeds of change with a potential for growth...IMO.

Thanks.

P.S. Since you cannot seem to ban the player 12, G0d, Oxe, Tank, and all of his others...why not rename as follows:

12 changes to I Curse A Lot

G0d changes to  NotKindEnough

Oxe changes to SwearTooMuch

Tank changes to Weak Tea

Use more imagination with your position on the MT to impose some true justice and GUIDANCE.

Thanks.

KMC

• Fairway and Wogomite like this

#2 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,134 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:04 PM

This is a wonderful idea. Although if you cannot ban 12 then I do not think you can rename him either. And, his acct Tank can be banned.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#3 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:39 PM

Thank you to TheO, for inspiration:

player "12" and all his alias accounts should be renamed:

BANNED PLAYER 01

BANNED PLAYER 02

etc . . .

It might at least help some people to opt out and avoid any kind of abuse all together. Maybe not...but it is at least a kind of active move.

• TheOptician likes this

#4 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:54 PM

By the time they are banned though - won't they be unable to log-in anyway?

#5 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

In the case of 12 and his alias accounts, most are still active at this very moment:

12, G0d, Tank . . .

As for others having accounts which need renaming, I think that the penalty should fit the crime...imagine the horror and let-down one of these vulgar account holders would feel if their account name, which suggested some kind of Lot & Sodom thing, logged in only to find his screen-name now read,

Buttercup

or

snookums

or

KardashianLover

This just might take the wind out of their sails completely.  ;)

#6 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

To be honest, my first thought is that it may encourage innapropriate names. KMC, your idea is so great, I would want to make an innapropriate name myself just to see what it gets changed to! Although it may be counter productive, I like Roberts proposal :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users