#1 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:47 PM

Fairway and Henry, welcome to the Final Tribal Council. The format of this Tribal Council is different because you WANT people to vote for you to win the game. To start, each of you should provide an opening statement explaining why the jury members should vote for you to win the Astros Stratego Series.

Jurors, please allow both Fairway and Henry 24 hours to make an opening statement before posing questions to either player. Jurors are allowed to make ONE post in this thread. This post can be in the form of a question to the players (you do not have to ask both players the same thing) or a statement. Please do not contact Fairway or Henry about the Astros Stratego Series via private message. After you post your final remarks, please give each player 24 hours to respond before casting your vote for who you WANT to win the Astros Stratego Series.

All votes are due by 20 GMT on Friday.
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#2 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,820 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

Dear Astros Stratego Series (A.S.S) participants,

First off, let me say that I am greatly honored to reach the final of any tournament, whatever the outcome. In fact, this is the first time that I have reached the final of any tournament. I would like to thank my friends Steelers and Maxroelofs for allying with me throughout this tournament and helping us all to achieve our goals. I would like to thank Astros for organizing this wonderful tournament and every participant, who each made this tournament possible. I would also like to thank my team, Synergy, for totally demolishing the bunches of clowns during the group stage :wacko:  ;)  and would like to congratulate the team Bunch of Clowns for a hard-fought battle during the group stage.

Now that the flattery and brown-nosing is over, I'll move on. Why should you cast your vote for Fairway in the Astros Stratego Series championship?

You should cast your vote for Fairway for several reasons. Firstly, I achieved an impressive 75% win ratio during the group stage battles, defeating the likes of Sgt. Blkdog, Damon13, and even TheOptician, all worthy opponents (except for that last "Opticlown" guy), and falling only to the ultimate stratego champion himself, Nortrom, in my only loss during the group stage. Secondly, you should vote for Fairway in the A.S.S final because I excelled at teamwork and getting along with my teammates. I was able to form alliances with several players and work with my fellow competitors in order to defeat several others. Third, you should vote for me because I am the only original member of Synergy left in the competition. Because Synergy handily defeated the clowns in the group stages, I believe that a member of Synergy should win and deserves to win the A.S.S tournament (no offense to you funny clowns  :o). Lastly, and the most important reason, you should vote for Fairway in the A.S.S final because if I win the Astros Stratego Series tournament, it will be the first tournament I have ever won on this site!  :P

I politely ask all able participants to cast your vote for Fairway to win the A.S.S tournament. I wish good luck to my opponent, the clowny Henry Domerkant (just kidding :)), and wish everyone a pleasant tournament end!

Sincerely, 

Fairway

• Fks likes this

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#3 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:39 PM

I am voting for Henry Domerkant. 

• Henry domerkant likes this

#4 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:17 PM

hi everybody

it was a nice journey , i really had fun participating on this tournament and i feel good reaching the finals

why you should vote for me :
first of all i dont think fairway should be proud of going through so many rounds because he make a strong alliance and not by winning stratego games as for example i did to reach top 3 ( and not with a flip of a coin :P) . from the first round i was alone and no team or players carried me to the final . the only deals i made with other players was a 1-2 round deal in order ,to save my self because i started every round as a strong candidate to be voted out( as i get many votes from the very first round of the tourney) , but i was honnest and never promise sth to anybody i wasnt willing to do

as for the stratego part i want to give everyone the stats of the two players
record(w-l)
henry domerkant :6-5
fairway:3-6( i wonder why fairway informed us only for his stats during groups stages :D :D)

individual immunities
henry domerkant :3
fairway:0

all in all , i am asking for your vote because i think i had a better performance during this tournament and fighting more to reach the final

Edited by Henry domerkant, 14 August 2018 - 08:31 PM.

• Major Nelson, Fks and UnladenSwallow like this

#5 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,820 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

first of all i dont think fairway should be proud of going through so many rounds because he make a strong alliance and not by winning stratego games 

Wow Henry! I didn't start off with personal attacks! lol

But absolutely I should be! The goal of the Astros Stratego Series, as written by Astros in the announcement topic "♥♥♥ Kickoff" explaining the rules and details regarding the tournament states:

"Excelling at Stratego alone will not be enough to win, you must work with your fellow competitors to eliminate your rivals."

I will not deny that during this tournament you performed better than I during the individual immunity challenges in regards to gameplay. However, I think that undoubtedly I was a better team player and I worked with my fellow competitors better than you did, at least in my opinion. And I was not, as you provocatively assert, carried to the final. I did exactly what one should have done and cooperated with my opponents and made allies in order to make it to the final. Sometimes working smarter and not harder is the best solution. Winning the games isn't necessarily everything.

#6 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:07 PM

This is my question to both Fairway and Henry:

you are making a solitaire trip around the earth on your boat. You are just arriving on an island where the local tribe are all cannibals. Each visitor on this island is considered a gift of the gods, is captured and is then prepared for the next tribal meal. However before killing you they let you make a last statement in order to decide how they will eat you. If your last statement is true they will grill you on the barbecue. if your last statement is a lie they will cut you i small pieces and cook you in a soup.

However there is one statement that will allow you to stay alive, I will vote as winner of the A.S.S. tournament for the first of you two who will find the right statement to make to stay alive.

Edited by Napoleon 1er, 14 August 2018 - 09:08 PM.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#7 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,820 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:13 PM

"I will be cut into small pieces and cooked in a soup" ?

• Don_Homer and Napoleon 1er like this

#8 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,820 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:22 PM

If they regard the above statement as true, then he will get grilled for barbecue, and that means the statement would be false. 

If they regard the above statement as false, then he will get cut into small piece and cooked as he said, meaning it is true. 

#9 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 453 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:26 PM

I don't have any questions, just some comments.  I wish I could vote for both candidates.

Fairway was on my team from the beginning, and we worked together along with Max to make it to the final four.  As far as I know he was straight with everyone and didn't turn on me until it was necessary.  He was a good teammate.  And while I believe he will be in contention for other major tournaments in a few years as he gains more experience, this will probably be his 1 shot for then next year or 2.

Henry played the best of anyone this tournament.  His head was on the chopping block several times, but he fought his way through it and saved himself over and over again.  I'm very surprised he made it to the finals based on the odds against him (his tribe being outnumbered, and not having a strong bond with his own teammates except for Damon).  That is a great credit to what he was able to accomplish.  He was also honest with me in my dealings with him.

Such a tough decision.  I guess we will have to wait until the vote to see which way I go.  :)

• Don_Homer and Fairway like this

#10 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

Wow Henry! I didn't start off with personal attacks! lol

But absolutely I should be! The goal of the Astros Stratego Series, as written by Astros in the announcement topic "♥♥♥ Kickoff" explaining the rules and details regarding the tournament states:

"Excelling at Stratego alone will not be enough to win, you must work with your fellow competitors to eliminate your rivals."

I will not deny that during this tournament you performed better than I during the individual immunity challenges in regards to gameplay. However, I think that undoubtedly I was a better team player and I worked with my fellow competitors better than you did, at least in my opinion. And I was not, as you provocatively assert, carried to the final. I did exactly what one should have done and cooperated with my opponents and made allies in order to make it to the final. Sometimes working smarter and not harder is the best solution. Winning the games isn't necessarily everything.

If i havent other skills execpt stratego i wouldnt be to the final with many players want to get rid of me
I was loyal to my team as long my team was loyal to me
After that it was every man for him self

Edited by Henry domerkant, 14 August 2018 - 09:33 PM.

#11 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:37 PM

Dan i am trying to translate into greek your post
I wasnt online when you post it so i hope i wont lost your vote due to eating dinner

#12 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:47 PM

Fairway answer was right
I hope the winner wont be decided this way

#13 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,184 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

For Fairway and Henry. 

A man was driving a truck. His headlights weren't on, and the moon wasn't out. Ahead of him, a woman dressed in all black started crossing the road. Fortunately, the man braked so she could cross. How did he see her? Good luck.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

http://forum.strateg...18/#entry461226

#14 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,820 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:06 PM

heard that one before. its daytime not night. why is everyone asking riddles?

• Fks likes this

#15 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

Come on
I cant answer immediatly
I cant be online 24hours per day and also my english are not very good so i must use the google translate to many posts
  • Fks likes this

#16 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,820 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:16 PM

h202 is poisonous in compound form 2 hydrogen and 2 oxygen atom compound called hydrogen peroxide. heard that as well

• Major Nelson and Fks like this

#17 damon13

damon13

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:13 AM

Fairway: Do you consider yourself lucky getting on the final of this tournament since you have one of the worst scores? Why do you think you should be voted instead of Henry while he has so much better score?
  • Fairway and Henry domerkant like this

Stratego Captains Member

#18 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,820 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

Fairway: After your Opticlown comment, why should I vote for you?

You're not voting.. so you shouldn't vote for me :)

Fairway: Do you consider yourself lucky getting on the final of this tournament since you have one of the worst scores? Why do you think you should be voted instead of Henry while he has so much better score?

No, I don't consider myself lucky. I was able to ally with Steelers and Max in order to make it this far and might not have made it to the final if not for that alliance, but at the same time I was not "carried" as Henry suggests, I worked with my competitors. I think I by far did a better job at this than my opponent. However credits to Henry for saving himself over and over while his head was on the chopping block, as steelers said, but sometimes working smarter not harder gets the job done too.

#19 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:21 PM

The winner of the Astros Stratego Series will be announced live at 22 GMT in the Challenge Zone.

Edited by astros, 16 August 2018 - 10:25 PM.

#20 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:04 PM

Fairway defeats Henry in a 4-3 vote to become the first Astros Stratego Series winner.

• Napoleon 1er, Fairway, steelers and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users