wuigukin

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:39 AM

Starting a search and then pressing the cancel button still keeps you as searching. Then a game pops and you're forced to play or lose ELO

#2 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,796 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:25 PM

Firstly , I've never had this happen for a ranked game, only the cancel search failing to work on QA. If by some reason you click on ranked, want to cancel, but it won't let you, simply log out of your account and it should cancel the search.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#3 wuigukin

wuigukin

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:04 PM

Firstly , I've never had this happen for a ranked game, only the cancel search failing to work on QA. If by some reason you click on ranked, want to cancel, but it won't let you, simply log out of your account and it should cancel the search.

Interesting. I've been testing it and it seems to happen to me 100% of the time. Anytime I want to play I start a game search and then cancel. Finds a game shortly after :)

Good to know that logging out should work though

#4 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,796 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

Interesting. I've been testing it and it seems to happen to me 100% of the time. Anytime I want to play I start a game search and then cancel. Finds a game shortly after :)

Good to know that logging out should work though

Just make sure that you're not on the new app on mobile. In you log out while searching on the new app on mobile you will lose points. If you're on desktop and log out while searching then you're fine.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,348 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:04 AM

Cancelling is certainly an iffy thing.  For me, more of the time than not I am actually fine.  But there have definitely been those times when I must have pressed cancel just as a match was found and I've lost points the next time I log in.  Fairway says one will lose points logging out of his phone on the new app.  That's good to know.  I've never tried that.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users