wuigukin

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:39 AM

Starting a search and then pressing the cancel button still keeps you as searching. Then a game pops and you're forced to play or lose ELO

#2 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,824 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:25 PM

Firstly , I've never had this happen for a ranked game, only the cancel search failing to work on QA. If by some reason you click on ranked, want to cancel, but it won't let you, simply log out of your account and it should cancel the search.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#3 wuigukin

wuigukin

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Captain

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:04 PM

Firstly , I've never had this happen for a ranked game, only the cancel search failing to work on QA. If by some reason you click on ranked, want to cancel, but it won't let you, simply log out of your account and it should cancel the search.

Interesting. I've been testing it and it seems to happen to me 100% of the time. Anytime I want to play I start a game search and then cancel. Finds a game shortly after :)

Good to know that logging out should work though

#4 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,824 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

Interesting. I've been testing it and it seems to happen to me 100% of the time. Anytime I want to play I start a game search and then cancel. Finds a game shortly after :)

Good to know that logging out should work though

Just make sure that you're not on the new app on mobile. In you log out while searching on the new app on mobile you will lose points. If you're on desktop and log out while searching then you're fine.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:04 AM

Cancelling is certainly an iffy thing.  For me, more of the time than not I am actually fine.  But there have definitely been those times when I must have pressed cancel just as a match was found and I've lost points the next time I log in.  Fairway says one will lose points logging out of his phone on the new app.  That's good to know.  I've never tried that.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#6 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,218 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:02 AM

On the app I have now lost around 60 points due to canceling my search for rank and going off the app in 2 days... Alongside the Glitch with pressing on a friends names on pc version. Is becoming very annoying to play ranks again.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#7 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:23 AM

For me, I decided to commit to playing every time I press Battle. I think if you press Abort within a few seconds you might be okay. But when I wait longer than a minute and press Abort, that's when I seem to have trouble with losing points.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#8 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,218 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:27 AM

Well after 5 minutes of waiting and not being able to use my phone I give up trying to search.

It's like I'm trying to build in quick sand with my rating.

Edit- it litterally just happened again after I even logged out of account. Wtf.

#9 ghostshadow0

ghostshadow0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

this has happened to me many times, and I've lost a lot of points from it.  If I can't get matched in a game, I'd press the button, then go on my other browser tab to surf, and come back to see that I have a game in progress with almost no buffer time left.  My workaround is to cancel and close the browser tab before I get matched, although I've been unlucky a few times by getting matched just when I close the browser.

#10 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:36 AM

... then go on my other browser tab to surf, and come back to see that I have a game in progress with almost no buffer time left. 

If you're on the desktop, then you can simply turn up the sound so that you hear when a game is connected. On the new app there's no such sound.

i77rs4m.jpg

#11 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,218 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

Add another 24 points today :) YAY!

#12 murph878

murph878

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 3 weeks ago

Can confirm what Fks is saying. Its been happening to me randomly for about a yr. Tough to build elo up. I only play on the app. Everyone just told me i must have been drinking the night before when i would post about this :) hopefully they can fix the bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users