Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:58 PM

You voiced your opinion . .

Edited by KissMyCookie, 09 August 2018 - 01:00 PM.

#42 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,134 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

Really guys? Come on . lol. Grow a skin. One says the other never plays any games and the other shoots back that you're ignorant and condesending. So what? Who cares? KMC I must say that you have a record of inciting... excitement into some topics where perhaps it doesn't necessary need to be present. I think KMC's opinion is valuable as is every member here. But to publish bickering posts back and forth about No, Napo isn't qualified anymore etc. etc. (whatever words you used , I forget) or Yellowhat or Steelers would be far better, etc. etc... at the end of the day none of us here are making the decision, it's the MT. Therefore I think that your interjections regarding those matters, KMC, are largely futile. Now don't get me wrong an occasional opinion about matters such as these would be fine. But to get into a long argument and name-calling hissy-fits over this matter is unneeded, I think.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#43 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:42 PM

"Get thee to a Nunnery," Fairway.

(For the record, I wasn't name calling, and you might just try to understand my meaning before replying a defense). ;)

#44 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

KMC, I really don't mean to pick on you or call you out but if I may be transparent with my thoughts and feelings, it seems that the majority of your posts either put people down or passive aggressively make people look bad. Of course you can look back at your post log and see some that don't do this which I always appreciate. In this topic, Instead of promoting a player and defending good qualities in a candidate you approve of, you only bash Napo. Instead encouraging good ideas, you typically just voice your opinion about an idea you don't like. I really get tired of the negativity which a lot of times seems like a bullying tactic. It's ok to disagree but it seems to me your disagreements are against people you don't like. I also find your PM to me another type of bullying tactic which when I did not give into your type of threat to me, you respond with "this is the end of our communication". Do I not have my own voice and opinion? If you don't agree with my voice or opinion do I deserve to be privately shunned by you? It just seems you can treat people how you like but if someone does it to you, "HOW DARE THEY!!" I don't like double standards but I'm sure you will have an excuse. Your very good with your words and getting people to see things at an angle that you prefer...there are many angles to see things however. 

• Great Manos likes this

#45 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:58 PM

Then maybe the MT should contact the player called "12"––

Giving him a purpose and a responsibility may be his only cure and our only hope.

Just wondering if 12 has put his hat into the ring officially. If MT has trouble reaching  out to 12 I think DP-Drunken Player might be able to assist in finding 12 ! Just check his stream from yesterday.  :) Any how,Thanks Tober for putting ya time in here. Anyone willing to be a MT has my upmost respect !  

#46 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

Would you please elaborate on this sentence? What "polemics" since Nortrom joined?

The meaning of that sentence is to be understood as " ...MT is a solid team not generating polemics, as it is now the case since Nortrom joined MT..."
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#47 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

So you mean to say that, "Since Nortrom has joined, the MT is a solid team not generating arguments within the community or among themselves."

Is that what you meant to say, Daniel?

#48 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,822 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:08 PM

Yes
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#49 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:42 PM

Napoleon, KMC has either twisted your words to make it appear that your implying mt was not a solid group before Nortrom joined the team and was full of arguments or you are implying this yourself. Could you elabarate on this please? Is this how you feel?

#50 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:33 PM

I've been reading this whole thing about Dan in the past half-hour. It's a very interesting subtlety you're trying to hammer home, Ryan. I agree Dan's words are mis-interpretable, but I think we need to forgive him since English is his second language. Dan's direct knowledge of the MT only goes as far as he was in, naturally, and this was, of course, before Nortrom was taken in. The "polemics" Dan refers to therefore is, I'm sure, all the strife surrounding the late Lonello period while Dan was still a mod. There was much at the time and Dan nobly walked the plank to help assuage the anger in the community in those days, which was out for blood from any corner it could find it for awhile there.

Since that time and especially since the joining of Nortrom to the MT, there have been none of the polemics/divisions that filled the site prior to Lonello's ouster.
  • rgillis783 likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#51 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:14 PM

I agree Dan's words are mis-interpretable, but I think we need to forgive him since English is his second language. 

Yes, Daniel has English as a second/third/fourth language as he is Swiss (or I should say if he is Swiss, he probably already has two or three languages as his first line, thus English would fall further down the list...it is perhaps one of the great advantages for many Swiss citizens), and I think that Daniel's English is quite good, even if it was his 10th language, his English is very good...I have only admiration for people who are multi-lingual, Daniel being among these folks.

His sentence, upon first reading for me was not clear, so I asked him about it. He was kind enough to reply and I merely validated what he had intended. There is no misrepresentation going on in my dialogue with Daniel.

#52 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:59 PM

Gary, that makes a lot of sense. I was a little confused because I know Daniel holds a lot of respect for the entire moderating team. Thank you for clearing that up, it shows me Daniel is that much more of a great associate and choice as the replacement for Tober.

#53 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:11 PM

The "polemics" Dan refers to therefore is, I'm sure, all the strife surrounding the late Lonello period while Dan was still a mod.

Daniel's clarification of the statement makes this point easily understood–you describe it well, Gary.

Since that time and especially since the joining of Nortrom to the MT, there have been none of the polemics/divisions that filled the site prior to Lonello's ouster.

...to help assuage the anger in the community in those days, which was out for blood from any corner it could find it for awhile there.

The turmoil and anger felt by the community in those days was directly a result of the feeling of the community that the MT was indifferent to what the community voice was saying, and the composition of the MT at the time–GaryLShelton, Napoleon 1er, Lonello, tobermoryx, and Major Nelson, who had recently been inducted. Complaints, objections, and questions of all kinds were being voiced from the community directly to the MT, and more often than not, those posts were either being ignored or argued to a point of futility. In fact, because the MT seemed completely stalled by all of this and would not dedicate itself to creating a more transparent form of interaction with its community, the community voice finally grew loud and angry enough from ALL corners that the MT was forced into action. Even with Daniel having mustered up the courage to step down, the MT after allowing too much time and hurt feelings to prevail, did the right thing by voting out one of its members. Again, this seemed to be a result of the community's will (as Gary put it "...was out for blood from any corner it could find"), not because the MT wanted to act. (The community wanted "blood" because of MT's perceived attitude).

Perhaps it was necessary for the past MT to go through this struggle so as to be able to meet new challenges with less trepidation and more action. It also gives me a feeling of more confidence in our current MT that they will choose a new MT panel member, whether it is someone new or Napoleon 1er, based upon stronger decision making ideals. Having said that, the community voice must not be ignored.

The caveat: it was a lack of open communication and transparency that contributed dramatically to stoking the community's frustration and anger. Please...let that not happen again.

Edited by KissMyCookie, 10 August 2018 - 05:12 PM.

#54 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,822 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:03 PM

Thank you Gary for explaining in detail what may not have been totally clear before for everybody but at least it was clear for you. Yes there was a solid team before Astros ( at that time hidden behind malcolm jansen) started the future of MT topic ( ...by the way i'm the guy who asked for this topic to be open in a spirit of full transparency) and then another solid team after i and Lo went out and Nortrom and Mtinsley joined.
Now the important thing is that MT continues to be a solid team with the substitute of Toby. Doesn't matter who is the substitute but does matter that the team remains solid. That is all i am saying.
To help MT it would really be good if there are 2,3 or 4 (or more) motivated candidates cause if there is only 1 and they are "forced" to select him then it is not guarantee of success. At this stage i understand Yellohat, fks and myself (+overlord but not full time) are the 3-4 motivated candidates. Names such as Steelers an Josephwhite have been proposed but these forum members have not yet formally confirmed their motivation. Did i summarize correctly?
I suggest to wait after live wc to decide cause when talking face to face to people things may suddenly become much easier.
  • OVERLORD and rgillis783 like this

#55 Losermaker

Losermaker

Captain

• Moderators
  • 927 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:42 PM

If you really need a replacement for toby and can't find another, then I could probably serve as a temporary replacement until mid October this year if you want me to. I know its not much, but it is a start and I should be able to check the forum atleast twice a day 5-7 days a week.

• OVERLORD likes this

#56 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

So whos the (un)lucky guy who was chosen?

#57 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,676 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

If you think the MT has made a decision on this, or is even remotely close to one, you can consider yourself disappointed.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#58 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:36 PM