KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

Can we atleast [sic] mention how new three of these mods are and the fact that one mod, although did not step down till now, did indeed step down.

My point is that the current MT panel members have had an unbroken term while serving as an MT–that is my point. Napoleon 1er chose to interrupt his term and to step down. New or not is not the point.

Firstly, the forward progress of MT was primarily because of the push from one of the mods. Secondly, much has changed since his stepping down due to the purpose that it fulfilled.

Any of the MT members are in a position to make changes, or to advocate changes, or to inspire forward movement, or not to do any of the above. You cannot say that the MT runs better because of one member alone...if this one member has the tenacity, the energy, the talent, and the charisma for inspiring his MT colleagues, then so be it, and then the community benefits. During the time that Napoleon 1er served, it was reported that there were often struggles and incessant arguments among the MT panel. Napoleon 1er had his chance to make a difference, and there is no doubt that he made strong and positive contributions. So to say that the forward progress now is because of one member is silly–but if we use your model for illustration, then Napoleon 1er was not the one member type who could inspire a forward progress...we know through the grapevine that too many things became stalled and dismantled while Napo was on the MT. Was it his fault? No, that is not what I am saying. He was a part of the problem, however, because the entire MT at that time was struggling with in-fighting and stagnation.

I think for the respect of his nemesis and the community, he did not want to fight...he chose to sacrifice his own authority instead. This should be the definition of selfless. Why in life are people attacked for taking the high road, almost as if, the most honorable thing is looked down a upon.

And his sacrifice is appreciated by many of us here, but then to take back the sacrifice is to undo his good deed. You do not get to fall on your sword, have everyone laud you and make you and Honorary Member, and then just undo it all because you have misgivings and regrets about the path you chose. No one is attacking him or looking down upon someone who has taken the higher road, Wogomite, but the fact of the matter is that he had reasons for resigning. Since he has made his intention clear, that he wants a second chance at being an MT member, he has placed himself in the spotlight of public scrutiny...I didn't do that...he did. Thus, the circumstances under which he resigned are paramount to discussing his known intentions. They also go to the fact that he was under fire at the time of his stepping down. Does this make him a bad person, or someone "less than" or looked down upon? No. Napo is a good guy, but he had his time on the MT and it is time for someone different to fill tober's vacancy.

I do feel that you were coming to your senses when you wrote this part. Well written KMC.

This hardly feels a nice comment to me, and I do not appreciate its implications...seriously speaking.

KMC

#22 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

I apologize as my intent was only humour.

At the end of the day, I just look for a level headed guy as the replacement. He has already proven himself and is so graciously willing to assist the MT again. The job is somewhat demanding as a daily to 6 days a week is requested to check in. This can be tedious to some but Napoleon is willing to continue trudging on despite the demand (Another selfless act in my opinion).

I am curious how MT feels about Napoleon 1er as a mod again.

#23 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:20 PM

Robert there are only so many people who could fill a MT role. There is no such rule that someone who volunteered as a mod before can't volunteer again. 

Taking the drama aside all that is left in MT is vote on cases and special interests of certain groups of rules and discuss how that will be done. This is something I think Napoleon who already has experience doing will be just fine at. As long as he doesn't hold back the production of Stratego and is willing to change for the benefit of Stratego he will be just fine. 

In my opinion you and Astros are taking it too seriously to say that he can't be a mod again... This is a forum of a dead game, dead site. If he wants to help change that, let him. You can always volunteer your self if you think you can do a better job than napo.

• Wogomite likes this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#24 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 931 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:31 PM

He quit because people were criticizing him but now he wants to come back under the condition that no one does so in the future. I have no problem with someone returning as a moderator, I do have a problem with how Napoleon left.
Cheesecake

#25 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:31 PM

I would say that you, Fks, should consider the possibilities that you might make a good MT. Yellowhat is also a very strong candidate for this role. It is true that there are not a huge pool of people to choose from, but my feeling is that some fresh blood is a good thing.

He quit because people were criticizing him but now he wants to come back under the condition that no one does so in the future. I have no problem with someone returning as a moderator, I do have a problem with how Napoleon left.

I agree with astros. As I wrote before, Napo has the excellent status as being an Honorary member...there is no doubt that if the MT would like his opinion on something, or if he would like to offer it to them, the MT would give audience to Napo.

I apologize as my intent was only humour.

Thank you for saying so–I appreciate your reply.

• Fks likes this

#26 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 724 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:53 PM

I have been following this thread with interest. If I was not very tied up with my work, effectively more than doubling up in the last few months for a long while to come, I would have publicly announced to step up again. However with things being as they are that is not going to happen in the next 6-12 months.

So far the light seems to be on one candidacy, maybe a bit of extra information supporting Yellowhat might make him more visible.

He is one of the young Dutch Stratego talents, eager to step up and learn. From what I have seen from him so far has a very analytical mind and I would think he would be good in making correct judgements. I think with some training from the current team his skill set would support all the requirements that Gary set out at the start of this post.

• KissMyCookie likes this

#27 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:40 PM

Napoleon left for criticism yet you support a young yellowhat for MT kmc. What happens when someone criticizes a 16 year old... Would that prevent someone from saying what they actually want to express, because they don't want to hurt the feelings of a young moderator? I would be shocked if anyone here would want to put Yellowhat what lonello went through.

I wouldn't mind giving napoleon1er a second chance or give the open spot to Steelers if he would be interested.

On a side note I did volunteer for the MT role in pm. Though I like to express my views as most of you can see :) I am nervous to put my self in a position where my speech will be limited as I would represent a moderator on this site. I would prefer the above names mentioned over me for MT. Though I am always open to helping the stratego community in any way that I can which is why I volunteered.

As for yellowhat he is a skilled player obviously and a great supporter of the game I look forward to meeting him in a few weeks at the wc. I just don't see him as being active enough for the moderator spot and for the above reason. 

#28 texaspete09

texaspete09

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 543 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:22 AM

I think steelers or Josephwhite would be good candidates.

#29 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:15 AM

Most important is not who will substitute Toby but if the new MT will be as solid and not generate polemics as the current MT is since Nortrom joined it.
Now to be clear i wrote above that i'm flexible to come back because of 2 reasons. First it is true that i'm available and like making this MT job and 2nd because after the call of Gary above there have been very few volunteers.

But having said that i'm happy to see that more names have popped up since my last post above. Frankly i'm the first to agree that renewal of MT is better than keeping the sames but for that you need motivated volunteers. If Yellowhat has the necessary motivation and MT unanimously agree with him then i'm the first pleased if he joins MT
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#30 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:26 AM

...but if the new MT will be as solid and not generate polemics as the current MT is since Nortrom joined it.

Would you please elaborate on this sentence? What "polemics" since Nortrom joined?

#31 Great Manos

Great Manos

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:38 AM

I think that KMC's opinion should not be taken seriously. The opinion of players playing and participating in tournaments (online or live) is more important.

Never bring a sword to a gunfight.

#32 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

I think that KMC's opinion should not be taken seriously.

Your statement is a perfect example of the problem with ignorance–you are not only without understanding, but your behavior is decidedly pompous.

The opinion of players playing and participating in tournaments (online or live) is more important.

Your hubris and elitist attitude do not benefit this community. ALL Forum members are important, and you do not get to decide who is important and who is not. Your behavior right now is the epitome of arrogance. How utterly disgusting and churlish.

Your personal dislike of me has given rise to a demonstration of your remarkably poor behavior, especially since you are supposed to be an adult.

#33 Great Manos

Great Manos

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:37 AM

As i have already told you, you should play more and write less.
You also should speak better for my behaviour. I tried a lot to spread Stratego, especially to the children. I don't accept offensive features from you. How your point of view for Stratego can be important while you are not playing even ranked games?

Edited by Great Manos, 09 August 2018 - 11:59 AM.

• mogul likes this

#34 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:59 AM

As i have already told you, you should play more and write less.

That is not for you to decide–you may have your opinion about that, and I'm quite okay with that fact, but it is only an uninformed opinion.

You also should speak better for my behaviour.

Your behavior speaks for itself–I am merely pointing out the obvious.

I tried a lot to spread Stratego, especially to the children.

In truth, I admire your passion for this game–wanting to introduce and inspire children to learn and enjoy Stratego is a very, very good thing. The fact that you do this indicates your love of this game. Bravo!

I don't accept offensive features from you.

What you feel is offensive or unacceptable is strictly your opinion and perception (others may or may not share this point of view)–in any event, this is not my problem. When you have the temerity to judge my published statements, then I draw a line and I will respond accordingly.

How your point of view for Stratego can be important while you are not playing even ranked games?

Here, you are absolutely clueless. (Evidence that you may be speaking before thinking). You have no idea whether I play or do not play Stratego ranked games online. The fact that you lack basic and fundamental skills of observation is surprising. If whether or not I am playing ranked matches of Stratego online is of any concern, the information is out there. :lol:

KMC

#35 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 951 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:19 PM

KMC clearly has demonstrated he wants to keep his active accounts secret. His skill is clearly platinum for anyone that has played him but if he wants to keep his "appearance" of his "main" account at silver level then that is his perogative...right? Also, Manos, we don't REALLY know that KMC does not play in tournaments. It just does not appear that he does, appearances are not everything though.

One last thing, KMC, you respond to Manos after he told you he was offended by what you said, you saying you don't care that you offend him and that it's not your problem. This is the type of insensitive and hypocritical thing that does not bode well for you. You pout about something I said but you can't show him the same respect you wanted from me. Life is not all about you. If your feelings matter then so does the people around you.

#36 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:32 PM

One last thing, KMC, you respond to Manos after he told you he was offended by what you said, you saying you don't care that you offend him and that it's not your problem.

No, it is his choice whether he chooses to feel offended or not...it is a choice plain and simple. I do not have such power over others that I can make someone do something or feel something if this is not what they want...and it is not my interest to do so, either.

I published my feelings on this public thread about an ongoing discussion. Nothing in my posts pertaining to the immediate subject of Napoleon 1er are attacks of any kind. Ergo, if anyone finds any of my material to be offensive, then it is strictly on that person, and not on me. GM decided to announce to the readers here that my opinion should not be taken seriously. I rebutted his obtuse remarks. So, please explain to me, in the context of this specific thread, how I offended him other than publishing my statements? He has a personal dislike for me, and that is his business. What he instigated today is ALL on him and not on me.

You know that I like you, Wogomite, and that I hold you in regard, but please be sure to observe more of the facts before you feel it is necessary to lecture me on what constitutes good behavior and what does not–you already know more than enough about me, and we have had many private communications with one another for you to understand this salient point.

#37 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

You pout about something I said but you can't show him the same respect you wanted from me. Life is not all about you. If your feelings matter then so does the people around you.

Perhaps you would be at greater liberty to send me a PM and explain to me the sudden shift in our dynamic.

#38 Great Manos

Great Manos

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

I didn't feel offended. Some words of you were offensive though. There is a difference between these two.

#39 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 951 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

You voiced your opinion of me hurting your feelings (which apparently you chose to allow). Manos does the same, regardless of if you feel like you did anything wrong or not, you did not show him the same decency you wanted from me. You actually had the nerve to say "It's not my problem". What a very rude and insensitive responce.

#40 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

I didn't feel offended.

I am glad to know it–I believe you.

Some words of you were offensive though. There is a difference between these two.

I agree with you that there is a difference. There is also a difference between judging a person and then making comment on someone's behavior...I would like to think that both you and I have a basic understanding of this principal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users