#1 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:47 AM

We are again searching for new candidates interested in joining the MT. We would appreciate if any interested parties announce their interest either here, or privately via PM. We promise to carefully consider all applicants here, though ultimately MT will finally decide on who is elected to serve the community.

Currently the MT role comprises of:
1. Making sure the forum is clear of clutter, spam, and inappropriate content. We have access to posts reported by forum members, to enable us to do this.
2. Discussing new policies for the site, its community, and its rules.
3. Discussing and voting in abusive behavior and draw refusal cases. These are currently discussed on a separate forum using a majority voting format .

The role of MT is not for everyone, but we would be happy to hear from anyone who is interested in helping out. A basic understanding of movement and chasing rules would be desirable.

Thank you.

The MT

GaryLShelton, tobermoryx, Major Nelson, MTinsley, and Nortrom
  • Nortrom likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#2 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Miner

• Other Tournaments Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

Isn't 5 enough? 

#3 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

5 is the optimum number. And it will still be 5 as I am not going to be doing it much longer.

#4 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

Then maybe the MT should contact the player called "12"––

Giving him a purpose and a responsibility may be his only cure and our only hope.

• OVERLORD, Master Mind, FGP_ and 2 others like this

#5 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Lieutenant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

I'm interested. How much time does it take on average?

• Don_Homer, Nortrom, Fairway and 1 other like this
Yellowhat is the literal translation of my surname.

#6 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,363 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

Ideally the person should be able to be here on about 5 days a week. Not at set times, just when they have spare time to vote on cases and post decisions etc

It probably involves only 2-3 hours per week of actual 'work' and some days there is nothing to do but being able to check in every 2nd day to catch up with things is necessary. Of course sometimes one member will be away for a week or 2 now and then.

#7 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 930 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

I think Steelers would do a great job if he were interested.
  • Don_Homer, The Prof, Fairway and 1 other like this
Cheesecake

#8 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:50 PM

Is there anyone else interested in the post of moderator at this time?

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#9 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:11 PM

I would like to, but my English are not perfect and my time during season is limited. I could help as a secondary person if there is such a big need 😊

Edited by ☆OVERLORD☆, 01 August 2018 - 02:14 PM.

• Wogomite likes this

#10 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:28 AM

Thank you, ☆OVERLORD☆.
  • OVERLORD likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

#11 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:04 PM

As i already said i'm always flexible to come back in MT. I just would like to make sure this is accepted by the community.
It looks now since Nortrom joined MT that all the mess that was going on few months ago has disappeared, so this decision to add Nortrom to MT was obviously a good decision. I'm personnally glad of it.
Now to make sure my possible return will not generate stories i will profit from my presence at live wc in 2 weeks to talk face to face to all those people who had bad comments on me and luckily they are all coming to wc as well (karaiskakis, dalee, don mitsos, theoptician, morx, nortrom ...) ... so if all these people confirm me face to face they have nothing against me coming back to MT then i will be pleased to come back ... of course assuming there will be unanimity of the MT members for it.
Let's think positive!

Napoleon 1er ... and then i will bring back my avatar on my white horse ...
  • steelers, Wogomite, Fks and 1 other like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#12 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:31 PM

Napoleon 1er!!!!!!!!!!
We want you in MT.
Hope to see you there again my friend 😀
  • Wogomite likes this

#13 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 930 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:02 PM

As i already said i'm always flexible to come back in MT. I just would like to make sure this is accepted by the community.
It looks now since Nortrom joined MT that all the mess that was going on few months ago has disappeared, so this decision to add Nortrom to MT was obviously a good decision. I'm personnally glad of it.
Now to make sure my possible return will not generate stories i will profit from my presence at live wc in 2 weeks to talk face to face to all those people who had bad comments on me and luckily they are all coming to wc as well (karaiskakis, dalee, don mitsos, theoptician, morx, nortrom ...) ... so if all these people confirm me face to face they have nothing against me coming back to MT then i will be pleased to come back ... of course assuming there will be unanimity of the MT members for it.
Let's think positive!

Napoleon 1er ... and then i will bring back my avatar on my white horse ...

No you quit, you don't get to come back and say that no one can criticize you.

I do not hate you or think you are a bad person. However, I do feel that you made several poor decisions as a moderator and I do not want to see you rejoin, this is not going to change.

Edited by astros, 07 August 2018 - 06:14 PM.

Cheesecake

#14 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

I support Napoleon 1er as a top candidate. He was one of my favorite moderators and I think the community receives an abundant of benefit with Napoleon as a mod! He has put much effort and work into the clean ranking, good level headed decision making along with many other ways he has uniquely stepped up and offered great advice to the community. Thank you Napoleon for your past endeavors and I hope to see you a mod again to continue on your legacy! You truly are an asset to us all!
  • Don_Homer, Fairway, OVERLORD and 1 other like this

#15 UnladenSwallow

UnladenSwallow

Miner

• Other Tournaments Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

imo you should pick napoleon

#16 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:21 PM

As an active level headed player Napoleon would be a good moderator. I don't know any of the drama of why he had to leave originally, but he proved he won't be a lonello and would leave in class if the community doesn't want him as a mod.

If he wants to help the community out by being a moderator I won't be the one to say no.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#17 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:12 PM

If I remember correctly, the community did not vote Napoleon 1er out. He stepped down on his own accord simply to settle down a dramatic situatuon. He did that with the Stratego community's best intention in mind. To me, that kind of integrity is the type of leader, co-worker, spouse, parent, friend or employee anyone would want around.
  • Don_Homer, Fairway, rgillis783 and 1 other like this

#18 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:43 PM

I like Napoleon 1er, and he is a terrific player...but having said that...

GaryLShelton has never stepped down

Tobermoryx, while he was an MT, did not step down until now

Major Nelson has not stepped down

MTinsley has not stepped down

Nortrom has not stepped down

If someone who WAS an MT decided to step down, regardless of the reason, they should be allowed to retire peacefully and to go on with their Stratego game-play. If, on the other hand, an MT decided to step down, then wants to go back...this sets a rather complicated precedent, I think, for the future of the MT. The MT cannot afford to waffle of its leadership commitment. If Daniel had really wanted to remain asna MT, he might have decided upon fighting the allegations against him, and in all fairness, he said he stepped down for the good of the community. He was respectable and showed model behavior.

Does this mean that his return is also for the good of the community? If so, what has changed??? This actually throws a monkey wrench into his previous good deed. Why? It nullifies the good he was attempting to do for the community some months ago...now, he wants to come back...NOTHING has changed, except for the forward progress made by the current MT.

Yes, this is a complicated matter, and perhaps Daniel misses the position and helping out our community; but sadly, he had his time in the sun, and now it is time to select someone new to the MT to replace tober. Let the past rest in peace and let us focus on building with the new for our current times and the future. There is no doubt that should the MT need some feedback, Daniel will always be available as an Honorary Member to offer advice.

I am sorry, Daniel, but it is not a good move for the forum community for you to want to return to the MT. If you had felt so strongly before, then you should have fought to stay, fought to remove your nemesis, and stay put...but you chose a very respectable path, and no one here thinks that you made any mistake by doing so...you still have many fans, I among them.

You can help the MT by finding someone as a replacement other than yourself. This would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• texaspete09 and Master Mind like this

#19 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

I like Napoleon 1er, and he is a terrific player...but having said that...

GaryLShelton has never stepped down

Tobermoryx, while he was an MT, did not step down until now

Major Nelson has not stepped down

MTinsley has not stepped down

Nortrom has not stepped down

Can we atleast mention how new three of these mods are and the fact that one mod, although did not step down till now, did indeed step down. That leaves one of your examples a legitamate one. Can we also mention the mods of past that were fired? Not to mention other mods that were either pushed out or stepped down for situations much worse that Napoleons. 

Does this mean that his return is also for the good of the community? If so, what has changed??? This actually throws a monkey wrench into his previous good deed. Why? It nullifies the good he was attempting to do for the community some months ago...now, he wants to come back...NOTHING has changed, except for the forward progress made by the current MT.

Firstly, the forward progress of MT was primarily because of the push from one of the mods. Secondly, much has changed since his stepping down due to the purpose that it fulfilled. His stepping down was not because of anything wrong he had done but rather something he did that was perceived as offensive by another player. All of this drama was completely settled the moment Napoleon stepped down and was so insignificant, it would by no means be brought up now as an issue. 

Yes, this is a complicated matter, and perhaps Daniel misses the position and helping out our community; but sadly, he had his time in the sun, and now it is time to select someone new to the MT to replace tober.

I by no means mind replacing Tober with someone different than Napoleon. I do however have a hard time seeing another candidate with the loyalty and integrity that I see in Napoleon. Until another candidate that compares to him shows up, he is the obvious choice in my opinion.

If you had felt so strongly before, then you should have fought to stay, fought to remove your nemesis, and stay put...

I think for the respect of his nemesis and the community, he did not want to fight...he chose to sacrifice his own authority instead. This should be the definition of selfless. Why in life are people attacked for taking the high road, almost as if, the most honorable thing is looked down a upon. 

I commend you Napoleon. 

but you chose a very respectable path, and no one here thinks that you made any mistake by doing so...you still have many fans, I among them.

I do feel that you were coming to your senses when you wrote this part. Well written KMC.

Thank you.

• Napoleon 1er likes this

#20 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:43 PM

There have applied 2 good candidates (Yellowhat and Napoleon). I like both of them. Each have their own qualities, I have no preference at the moment.

• rgillis783 likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users