Photo

What is the best presentation in a Live Stream ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rgillis783

rgillis783

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:44 PM

Hello fellow Stratego fans. I just spent part of this AM watching The Drunken Player. Thanks DP for stream yesterday and video this AM. As I have  now seen a few different approaches to streaming I was wondering if players have a preference in Live Streams ? I myself enjoy it all but I would add that putting yourself on camera is a nice touch. Bob, Max and now DP seem at ease putting themselves on camera win or lose .  Seeing the facial expressions of hitting a bomb or snagging a Marshal or General are great. I also enjoy the thinking process of players. Fks and Fairway do a fine job of not only explaining their moves but give those watching  insight into what they think the opponent is doing . Of course the videos provided by Napo 1 and Dobby are great. Napo 1 using written commentary to get message across and Dobby just plain out explains what one should be doing in a match. As these players come and go it is great others pick up were they left off . The Live Stream is great also because we the viewers can chime in and give our own opinion or thoughts on a match. I noticed some check the chat more than others. I would only guess that is not a priority because they are trying to win the match ! Others that I have not mentioned--- I apologize and thank you for contributions to the game/site and please get back out and share. My last thoughts on the subject is not a judgement just observation cracking beers and playing Stratego is fun but will be expensive in terms of rank/elo , I don't recommend it . :) This may appear to be pointed at DP but it is not. My own personal experience and comments made by opponents in match's who admitted to doing similar things---if ya get what I am stating !  ;)

#2 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 999 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

Hello fellow Stratego fans. I just spent part of this AM watching The Drunken Player. Thanks DP for stream yesterday and video this AM. As I have  now seen a few different approaches to streaming I was wondering if players have a preference in Live Streams ? I myself enjoy it all but I would add that putting yourself on camera is a nice touch. Bob, Max and now DP seem at ease putting themselves on camera win or lose .  Seeing the facial expressions of hitting a bomb or snagging a Marshal or General are great. I also enjoy the thinking process of players. Fks and Fairway do a fine job of not only explaining their moves but give those watching  insight into what they think the opponent is doing . Of course the videos provided by Napo 1 and Dobby are great. Napo 1 using written commentary to get message across and Dobby just plain out explains what one should be doing in a match. As these players come and go it is great others pick up were they left off . The Live Stream is great also because we the viewers can chime in and give our own opinion or thoughts on a match. I noticed some check the chat more than others. I would only guess that is not a priority because they are trying to win the match ! Others that I have not mentioned--- I apologize and thank you for contributions to the game/site and please get back out and share. My last thoughts on the subject is not a judgement just observation cracking beers and playing Stratego is fun but will be expensive in terms of rank/elo , I don't recommend it . :) This may appear to be pointed at DP but it is not. My own personal experience and comments made by opponents in match's who admitted to doing similar things---if ya get what I am stating !  ;)

Just played "Drunkenplayer" Great personality :)

• rgillis783 likes this

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#3 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 4 weeks ago

I must say that my favorite videos to watch are the ones with commentary and personality. It is fun to watch platinum players play, but if there is no commentary I lose interest more quickly than if a gold or even silver player is commentating and emitting personality. I used to really enjoy watching Max's videos because I found him to be very entertaining even if he did lose his temper. I like GroundBob's too except his videos make me jealous of his cushy job, lol. I learn a lot from watching Fks and Ron Fetter too.

Drunkenplayer...will need to check out his channel, sounds entertaining...

Out of curiosity what software do some of you guys use to record videos? I've been considering starting to record my games and perhaps even posting the "good" ones that I think others might enjoy, at risk of joining a bandwagon...

• Fairway and rgillis783 like this

#4 rgillis783

rgillis783

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted A week ago

I just want to drop a note to the folks who enjoy a stream/video. It seems DP=Drunken Player has another channel on YouTube Trumpster Bob. He did a stream an hour ago ! 

#5 rgillis783

rgillis783

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted A week ago

DP live now under Trumpster Bob !  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users