Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:44 AM

Germany - Sweden

In the 12th minute of the match, the referee missed an obvious foul by Germany in the penalty box. Despite the use of the Video Assistant Referee system (VAR), the play was not reviewed, and Sweden was not awarded a penalty kick.

pw84oulu76c.png
As Berg entered the penalty area, German defender Jerome Boateng clearly grabbed Berg from behind and made clear contact on Berg's left leg without having any ball contact.

2014 was also rigged:

Final game Germany - Argentina
Neuer almost killed Higuain in the penalty area with an outrageous knee to head kick.
AWgR5Jn.jpg
This is a clear red card and a penalty kick!
But Nicola Rizzoli didn't give a penalty nor a red card.
Nicola Rizzoli also rigged the game before the final: Argentina - Belgium,
where Messi made three fouls and got no yellow card and every time something happened with Messi Rizzoli gave him a free-kick.

Germany got into the final by beating Brazil.
Brazilian players were told to stand down.
article-2685283-1F7FDE1D00000578-666_634

#2 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 769 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:09 AM

Fake news

Also, do one of the MT want to flag this twit?

Edited by astros, 24 June 2018 - 03:10 AM.

I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#3 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:46 AM

Germany - Sweden

In the 12th minute of the match, the referee missed an obvious foul by Germany in the penalty box. Despite the use of the Video Assistant Referee system (VAR), the play was not reviewed, and Sweden was not awarded a penalty kick.

pw84oulu76c.png
As Berg entered the penalty area, German defender Jerome Boateng clearly grabbed Berg from behind and made clear contact on Berg's left leg without having any ball contact.

2014 was also rigged:

Final game Germany - Argentina
Neuer almost killed Higuain in the penalty area with an outrageous knee to head kick.
AWgR5Jn.jpg
This is a clear red card and a penalty kick!
But Nicola Rizzoli didn't give a penalty nor a red card.
Nicola Rizzoli also rigged the game before the final: Argentina - Belgium,
where Messi made three fouls and got no yellow card and every time something happened with Messi Rizzoli gave him a free-kick.

Germany got into the final by beating Brazil.
Brazilian players were told to stand down.
article-2685283-1F7FDE1D00000578-666_634

You know, refereeing is not always perfect at football, but this doesn't mean there is a great conspiracy behind it. But I admit that this penalty on Boateng should have been reviewed with VAR and awarded to Sweden.

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#4 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 869 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:03 PM

Marcus Berg - always robbed by referees.
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#5 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

Marcus Berg - always robbed by referees.

Great player, he played for Panathinaikos after all. ;)

#6 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,783 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:02 PM

See, I told you guys mogul was 7up/Walhall, with all his ridiculous conspiracy theories

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#7 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

Great player, he played for Panathinaikos after all. ;)

And for Groningen, where the current World Champion Stratego comes from :)

Edited by Don_Homer, 25 June 2018 - 11:24 AM.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#8 mogul

mogul

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:08 AM

England - Colombia

England was awarded a penalty kick for nothing.
(It was actually a foul by Kane.)
And a legitimate goal by Colombia's Carlos Bacca was called back (for no reason, as there was no second ball on the pitch).

Maradona said it was rigged.

More than 250,000 people have signed an online petition claiming that the match was unfairly officiated and should be replayed.

Edited by mogul, 06 July 2018 - 01:10 AM.

#9 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,961 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:31 AM

Colombia defender piggy back in the penalty box.

There were two balls on the pitch.

Maradona is a reliable source.

Wait - there's a petition? I change my mind. Agree to conspiracy.

• Major Nelson likes this

#10 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,783 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:35 AM

England - Colombia

England was awarded a penalty kick for nothing.
(It was actually a foul by Kane.)
And a legitimate goal by Colombia's Carlos Bacca was called back (for no reason, as there was no second ball on the pitch).

Maradona said it was rigged.

More than 250,000 people have signed an online petition claiming that the match was unfairly officiated and should be replayed.

Oh, come on Walhall, this is pure BS and you know it. I actually watched this entire game. There were two balls during the play and that was quite obvious.

#11 mogul

mogul

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:06 AM

here the link to the petition

#12 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,063 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:30 AM

Seems like a scam. They want you to chip in $3 after you sign lol.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

http://forum.strateg...18/#entry461226

#13 mogul

mogul

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:55 AM

Seems like a scam. They want you to chip in $3 after you sign lol.

yes change.org is a scam. They collect data of people and ask for donations and nothing ever changes. I singed up there once  before they removed this wall image

im-team-auf-tour-ausfluge.jpg

A lot of people signed the petition. It didn't help. They removed the wall image anyways...

Edited by mogul, 06 July 2018 - 03:01 AM.

#14 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

The penalty conceded by Cuadrado is 101% a penalty. I find it hilarious that I have to explain it to some of you who think that if there is no tackling in the box there is nothing, but let's give it a shot.
Kane is trying to get a better position for a header. It is clear he concedes no foul to any Colombian player in this endeavour. On the contrary, Cuadrado is pulling Kane for the whole time he is running, and in the end he jumps and pushes Kane to the ground to make sure there is no way Kane gets a good position for a header. I'll tell you one thing; Cuadrado couldn't have done it more provocatively. Honestly.
The notion that the attacker has to be tackled, punched or hit in any other way in order to be awarded a penalty is erroneous. Even when the opponent pulls you out of a position for a header you should be awarded a penalty sometimes. You can't imagine how much it frustrates me when I watch football and I see a defender provocatively hugging and pulling a player from the other team so that the latter doesn't score a header and not worrying in the slightest that the referee may award a penalty. Players must realise that such playing cannot be tolerated and it should result in a penalty kick, too.
So Cuadrado's penalty was 100% justified. As was Mascherano's in the match against Nigeria and Rojo's in the match against France. And I'm saying this although Argentina was the only team I really supported in this World Cup. Believe me, it is disappointing to watch the team you support concede such a silly penalty, but it is a penalty, whether you like it or not.
I do have experience from such playing, because in the Greek Superleague such hugging and pulling in corner and foul kicks is taken for granted. This is wrong, but this league is so rigged there is no hope of that ever being given as a penalty.

#15 mogul

mogul

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

oylcuroqz9y.jpg

here is what Maradona said:
"The referees are chosen by [Pierluigi] Collina, who was appointed by Infantino to change the new FIFA from thieves and fixers, and today we saw the opposite -- an old and fixed FIFA."

Geiger had a bad reputation, yet they chose him. Why?
2melyi.png

@ Major Nelson: then Geiger should give 20 spot kicks a game, because this happens all the time.
Geiger failed to  blow the whistle in even more extreme situations in other games:
https://twitter.com/...120999711494144

@Fairway: Show us an image, where it is clearly visible, that two balls are on the pitch at the same time. Hint: you can't.

#16 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,961 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

Since the dawn of football referees are asked to make instant decisions. It is inevitable that they will often be wrong. Every referee ever makes wrong decisions at least some of the time. That makes one million conspiracies.

The England penalty decision however was a correct one.

What Maradona said is about as relevant as when my mate said it was 'deffo a pen'.

As for the throw in that you mention, it is pretty clear that you did not watch the game, because if you had you would have seen that the England defender was out of position because he was going to stop a second ball from coming onto the pitch.
  • Major Nelson likes this

#17 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

...this happens all the time...

This happens all the time exactly because defenders aren't worried the ref is going to award a penalty, if he did they would be a lot more reluctant to concede such fouls in the box.
Also, I didn't say that every time a defender pulls an attacker during a corner or foul kick there is a penalty, defenders and attackers compete all the time for better position for a potential header. But sometimes the pulling is far too provocative to be neglected. Do you think the ref should NEVER award a penalty when a defender pulls down an attacker? If this were the case, I suppose you understand that the defenders would become relentless in the box as far as the holding/pulling part is concerned.

#18 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,783 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

oylcuroqz9y.jpg

here is what Maradona said:
"The referees are chosen by [Pierluigi] Collina, who was appointed by Infantino to change the new FIFA from thieves and fixers, and today we saw the opposite -- an old and fixed FIFA."

Geiger had a bad reputation, yet they chose him. Why?
2melyi.png

@ Major Nelson: then Geiger should give 20 spot kicks a game, because this happens all the time.
Geiger failed to  blow the whistle in even more extreme situations in other games:
https://twitter.com/...120999711494144

@Fairway: Show us an image, where it is clearly visible, that two balls are on the pitch at the same time. Hint: you can't.

I watched the entire game and I could see two balls on the same play and the TV channel with the game showed an instant replay of the two balls on the field on the same time. I don't know if there is the video of game on youtube but will try to find it (is that allowed)?

#19 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,063 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

I watched the entire game and I could see two balls on the same play and the TV channel with the game showed an instant replay of the two balls on the field on the same time. I don't know if there is the video of game on youtube but will try to find it (is that allowed)?

https://www.youtube....h?v=kOb1Wa1Hj8g

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

http://forum.strateg...18/#entry461226

#20 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,783 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:37 AM

Before Walhall talks about today's game being rigged because of a penalty that should have been called in the 79th minute, I will beat him to it and say that just because a ref makes a bad call or misses a call doesn't mean it's a conspiracy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users