#1 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,849 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

If you have a question related to the Pyramid League 2018, you may ask here and a member of TC will get back to you.

#2 paulgureghian

paulgureghian

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted A week ago

do the wins and losses in this tourney count in the wins / losses on our profile ? 

#3 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,085 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted A week ago

do the wins and losses in this tourney count in the wins / losses on our profile ? 

Yes, your tournament games will be played as friendlies on stratego.com, so they will appear on your profile statistics. However, they won't affect your ELO rating.

#4 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,849 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

maxroelofs, on 07 Jun 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:
I am in 3 tournaments already, why are there so many at the same time?

#5 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,849 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

maxroelofs, on 07 Jun 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:
I am in 3 tournaments already, why are there so many at the same time?

The Pyramid League does not start until July 9th, and does not run simultaneously with another tournament run by TC. The PRO Perfect tournament that you are currently participating in finishes before the Pyramid starts.

The Pyramid will coincide with the World Team Tournament (not run by TC) for a period of approximately 4-5 weeks by the looks of things. However, the Pyramid League does not require a match every week and allows for lengthy absences.

#6 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted A week ago

I'm really stupid in trying to figure things out about tournament that aren't standard elimination brackets, so sorry about that :)

Do the players in separate sections of the Pyramid play each other? Meaning, will someone from Core play someone from Apex, and vice versa?

I'm guessing how the tournament standards are calculated is basically a table with x amount of points per win or some other ranking system like that. (If not, correct me :)). So if this is the case, are the standings based separately for each section of the pyramid, or combined?

I don't see a rules thread anywhere in this subforum, perhaps if there was one, it would have the answers to my questions?

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#7 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 862 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

I'm really stupid in trying to figure things out about tournament that aren't standard elimination brackets, so sorry about that :)

Do the players in separate sections of the Pyramid play each other? Meaning, will someone from Core play someone from Apex, and vice versa?

I'm guessing how the tournament standards are calculated is basically a table with x amount of points per win or some other ranking system like that. (If not, correct me :)). So if this is the case, are the standings based separately for each section of the pyramid, or combined?

I don't see a rules thread anywhere in this subforum, perhaps if there was one, it would have the answers to my questions?

There is one Apex division, two Core divisions and two Base divisions. You only play against players in your division. There are separate standings for each division. Each win counts for 2 points, a draw for 1 and a defeat for 0. You play against everybody else in your division once. After all games are completed the player with the most points wins their division.

• Fairway likes this

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#8 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,849 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

Major Nelson has answered your questions nicely (thanks :-)

The Rules will be published shortly, but you can expect them to be very similar to the previous year.
  • Fairway and Major Nelson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users