mogul

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:07 PM

Moriarty was kind of a funny dude. Where is he gone?

#2 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:09 PM

He quit the game a long time ago. 1.5-2 years ago perhaps.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#3 smu_qa

smu_qa

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

Why would anyone care, mogul? If you are him, please don't act like he did...

#4 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,232 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

I doubt Mogul is Moriarty. 

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#5 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:26 PM

How would you know how Moriarty acted?

You really aren't doing well to dispel the rumors that you are Chewtoy. Chewtoy disliked Moriarty.
  • Unladen Swallow likes this

#6 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

I think Fairway is wrong about you being 'chewtoy.' Everyone here knows that 'chewtoy' (kevin) is a smug, pompous, arrogant, moronic jerk that no one likes. You, smu_qa are much too polite to be confused with such a loser as chewtoy. In fact, one of kevin's former Stratego teachers (yeah, like me, he had lessons to help him improve his game) told me "I had high hopes for him, but he never quite measured up to my expectations."

Well, chewtoy never seemed to get too far beyond gold captain, but I cannot be sure, but in any event, kevin, chewtoy, sophorific_rose, and a legion of aliases have amounted to very little–the word on the street is that he is a petulant and petty little jerk. From my own limited experience, I cannot say that any of these judgements reflect my own opinion...I simply found him, sophorific_rose, to be rude.

Anyway, smu_qa, you have never seemed as such to me so I cannot believe that you are kevin. So, I think Fairway may be mistaken. If I may ask you, please, did you know this Moriarty character?

Thanks. :)

KMC

#7 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:00 PM

-

#8 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:32 AM

It amazes me how people develop such burning resentment against people playing games on a website. The obsession of people with a big list of aliases themselves desperately seeking to prove someone else is an alias continues to be hilarious.

I recall Chewtoy from a couple of years ago and I really must have overlooked something at the time if all these comments about him are justified. (His various accounts were not 'gold captain' by the way which is about 500, they were all up around 840 I think)

What Moriarty did to get up to 950 was basically cheating, though he may have deluded himself that it wasn't. I don't see him as some terrible individual either though. He seemed OK from his overall conversation and he just got rather carried away with trying to prove himself. I really can never develop any hatred of anyone here myself.

• Losermaker likes this

#9 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,201 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:33 AM

Whatever the speculation that Smu-Qa is Chewtoy, I am pretty certain that 'Sophist Rose' was not Chewtoy.

#10 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,201 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:34 AM

How would you know how Moriarty acted?

You really aren't doing well to dispel the rumors that you are Chewtoy. Chewtoy disliked Moriarty.

erm, there were about 50 people here who disliked Moriarty, or rather what he was doing.

#11 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:40 AM

Whatever the speculation that Smu-Qa is Chewtoy, I am pretty certain that 'Sophist Rose' was not Chewtoy.

To each their own, but he effectively confirmed it here:

http://imgur.com/a/6lNz1

http://forum.strateg...e-7#entry400485

Edited by astros, 07 June 2018 - 03:42 AM.

I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#12 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

It amazes me how people develop such burning resentment against people playing games on a website. The obsession of people with a big list of aliases themselves desperately seeking to prove someone else is an alias continues to be hilarious.

What Moriarty did to get up to 950 was basically cheating, though he may have deluded himself that it wasn't. I don't see him as some terrible individual either though.

Y3Gyw70.jpg

#13 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,117 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

Don'tcha all know it's better to be a lover than a hater? I don't quite understand what beef some with have Chewtoy, but my experiences with him were all positive.

As for an alias saying 'hands up you got me', isn't that what you would say if you were happy that someone had your identity wrong and wished the truth remain secret?
  • tobermoryx likes this

#14 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:00 PM

I want to confess something to you all publicly. About two years ago, I created an account to address things and voice my opinion in a way that I did not think would be socially correct. I used the account to post seven times in a four month period of time in 2016. Not long after using this account for the reasons I mentioned, I decided that transparency was better than deceit and decided to stop using that account forever. 

The account name was 'Sophist Rose'. The entirety of the forum use was Jan 2016- April 2016.   I never lied by denying or telling anyone a false identity. I simply allowed people to come to their own conclusions. I completely and utterly apologize for my actions of deception. It has been over two years since any post has been made with that account and I have decided to be completely transparent since then. 

I truly am sorry to anyone I have offended while using that account. A part of me has always wanted it to be known I was 'Sophist Rose' but never brought myself to reveal it. Now that someone else is getting creamed for my actions, it seems a bit easier and important. 

• TheOptician and tobermoryx like this

#15 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

So apparently, you were the one who disliked me.

#16 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

I thought was chewtoy

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 07 June 2018 - 01:12 PM.

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#17 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

Fairway, I wrote what I did before I knew you.  I don't feel this way any more. I am sorry Fairway for what I said and wish I could undo it but I obviously cannot. You are quite the contributor around here and I am very glad to see you have stuck around, matured and continue to improve in the game play also. Please forgive my ignorance I displayed in 2016. 

• tobermoryx, Fairway, rgillis783 and 2 others like this

#18 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,201 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

Nice apology from Wogomite. Maybe some people could apologize to Chewtoy !

#19 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:04 PM

Wogomite and I have worked it out between the two of us.

Smu_qa: if you are not Chewtoy, then I am sorry for assuming that you are.  I hope that you stick around despire the attacks and skepticism you have received, and I apologize for my comments regarding you. 

As evidenced by today things are not always what they seem, so I am also confident I was wrong about who you were. So for that I am sorry.

• TheOptician, Morx, tobermoryx and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users