#1 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 364 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Astros has proposed that players should receive a yellow card if they disconnect when they are going to lose.

#2 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,852 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

The difficulty I have with this proposal is that you cannot prove intentional disconnection, even if it occurs immediately after a game-deciding loss of a piece.

If a pattern emerges - let's say the same thing happens more than once - then you could say with more certainty that the disconnect is intentional.

#3 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Other Tournaments Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

The difficulty I have with this proposal is that you cannot prove intentional disconnection, even if it occurs immediately after a game-deciding loss of a piece.

How often do you think unintentional disconnects really happen in this situation? I am fine with giving players the benefit of the doubt, but it is blatantly obvious when someone disconnects because they are mad.
69 bottles of beer on the wall, 69 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around.

#4 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,671 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

I agree with astros's 1st post here.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#5 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,852 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

I also agree. But my point is how do you know it is intentional?

I suppose a player who gets disconnected unintentionally would probably say so immediately afterwards.

#6 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,671 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am fine with giving players the benefit of the doubt "  was part of Astros's post ;).

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#7 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,852 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

roger.

Giving someone the benefit of the doubt would mean not assuming that the disconnect is intentional.

#8 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Other Tournaments Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

roger.
Giving someone the benefit of the doubt would mean not assuming that the disconnect is intentional.

I am fine with giving the benefit of the doubt to an otherwise upstanding player who gets disconnected at a disadvantage but who has not completely lost the game.

It is a completely different situation when one's opponent has his final piece trapped, no moves left and gets disconnected. For the one in a million instances where this disconnect is unintended, the players can work it out after the game and if not tough shit make sure your computer works.
69 bottles of beer on the wall, 69 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around.

#9 Wogomite

Wogomite

Sergeant

• NASF Committee
  • 362 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 2 weeks ago

I agree with all of your posts. I think TheO hit the nail on the head with his first post. The disconnect should be noted like a type of preliminary yellowcard. Consistent behavior would then turn the pre-lims into a yellow card once two or three were issued.
  • Fks likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users