#1 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 364 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Astros has proposed that if a player is given a yellow card in their final game of a tournament, it should carry over to the next tournament.  Otherwise, there would be no real repercussions since the tournament is over for the player anyways. 

• astros likes this

#2 Wogomite

Wogomite

Sergeant

• NASF Committee
  • 362 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 3 weeks ago

In at least USA sports, this would be the case and for the obvious reason that Astros has mentioned. I agree that this would be the most appropriate thing to do.

#3 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Other Tournaments Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 3 weeks ago

I would like to clarify that is only for yellow cards issued for unsportsmanlike conduct; I am not suggesting that scheduling yellow cards should carry over.

69 bottles of beer on the wall, 69 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around.

#4 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,852 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Let's say that a player received a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct in the final week of a tournament.

Then let's say that the same player receives a yellow card for failing to provide availability in the second week of their next tournament.

Would you propose that player be disqualified?

Perhaps it would be better to propose that any player who receives two yellow cards for unsportsmanlike behaviour within a specified timeframe gets a tournament ban.

#5 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Other Tournaments Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

Let's say that a player received a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct in the final week of a tournament.
Then let's say that the same player receives a yellow card for failing to provide availability in the second week of their next tournament.
Would you propose that player be disqualified?
Perhaps it would be better to propose that any player who receives two yellow cards for unsportsmanlike behaviour within a specified timeframe gets a tournament ban.

Only unsportsmanlike behavior yellow cards would carry over, so no, the player in your example would not be banned.

I think extending a tournament ban to a player who gets red carded for unsportsmanlike behavior is a good idea.
69 bottles of beer on the wall, 69 bottles of beer.
Take one down and pass it around.

#6 Wogomite

Wogomite

Sergeant

• NASF Committee
  • 362 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just curious. Is there a statue of limitations for reporting abusive behaviour? If not, it would encourage the possibility to storing abusive evidence in hopes of pegging a player when it is beneficial for them to do so. If not, you might want to add a statue of limitations while you're updating TC law.
  • rgillis783 likes this

#7 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 822 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would like to clarify that is only for yellow cards issued for unsportsmanlike conduct; I am not suggesting that scheduling yellow cards should carry over.

It is a good Idea.
Proud Committee Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users