#21 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,353 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

Please note that with Moghedien now included in Div 4, the fixture list has been amended.

Everyone in Div 4 retains the number they were originally assigned with - the only difference is that each Div 4 player will now also play Moghedien (meaning that there will be one week where Div 4 players will have 2 games).

This can be viewed here:

http://forum.strateg...masters-201516/

This means that there is a further Div 4 match to be scheduled in Week 1 of the tournament:

Grizzlybaer vs Moghedien 

#22 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,353 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:00 AM

I'd like to clarify something that is coming up.

When a player picks a time that has already been offered in a timeslot provided by their opponent, and provided that 24 hours notice is given, this game will be considered arranged without the need for a confirmation. (Confirmations are appreciated of course, but not necessary)

Some players are arranging their matches early (ie playing opponents in an earlier gameweek). This is also completely fine. If you do suggest that a game be played earlier, it will however require opponent confirmation - you cannot simply 'pick' a a slot that was intended for someone else and consider this an arrangement - it must be confirmed.
  • The Prof and Caesar101 like this

#23 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

What happens if I want to move a game back 30 minutes with 3 hours notice? Is that okay, or will I get a strike?

Also are we allowed to record games? It says in your rules list that we are not allowed to. I am assuming that means post it on youtube right?

#24 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,353 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:08 PM

As stated above, matches played early are on an Informal basis and are not actively monitored in the arrangement stage by TC.

So you would not be issued with a strike for cancelling a game like this at short notice. However if it were to happen more than once then TC would likely take some form of action.

#25 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

1. What is the Champions League?

2. Does anything happen if you win your Masters Divisions League? Will there be a second tourney to decide the champ of all the masters divisions or something like that?

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#26 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,353 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:56 AM

Season structure for next season, including details of the Champions League will be announced shortly.

#27 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:16 AM

As stated above, matches played early are on an Informal basis and are not actively monitored in the arrangement stage by TC.

So you would not be issued with a strike for cancelling a game like this at short notice. However if it were to happen more than once then TC would likely take some form of action.

I am talking about matches that are confirmed for both sides.

#28 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:21 AM

Also what if we cannot play 14 GMT Sunday?? That is 6 AM PST here, and I'm not waking up that early to play a game

#29 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,353 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

Caesar101,

14gmt Sunday is generally speaking the best time internationally for a forced scheduling, but for those in timezone GMT-8 this clearly isn't!

Consider TC duly notified - we will not arrange any games for you on a Sunday which are prior to 1600gmt.

As for your question about game arrangements, only a game arranged Informally (ie where that game is not scheduled for that week and is being played early) is not subject to official terms of game arranging or sanctions such as strikes. Confirmation makes no difference.

All other games are subject to normal rules.
  • Caesar101 and Moriarty like this

#30 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

Caesar101,

14gmt Sunday is generally speaking the best time internationally for a forced scheduling, but for those in timezone GMT-8 this clearly isn't!

Consider TC duly notified - we will not arrange any games for you on a Sunday which are prior to 1600gmt.

As for your question about game arrangements, only a game arranged Informally (ie where that game is not scheduled for that week and is being played early) is not subject to official terms of game arranging or sanctions such as strikes. Confirmation makes no difference.

I see, but what if this is our official game? Lets say it is week 2 and I am playing my week 2 game?

3 hours before the game I need to move it back 2 hours or something like that. Is that okay, or will I get a strike?

#31 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,353 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:56 PM

The appropriate extract from Rules:

B.     If a player cancels an existing arrangement without giving their opponent 6 HOURS NOTICE then this player will automatically receive a ‘Strike’. Three ‘Strikes’results in DISQUALIFICATION from the tournament.

#32 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

So the oppoonent can claim victory if I try to re arrange it at 3 hours notice?

#33 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,353 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

Your opponent may not claim victory from a cancellation, only a no-show.

You may of course 'try' to re-arrange whenever you like. If you think you may be unable to make an arrangement, I would suggest simply cancelling it in advance, rather than potentially inconveniencing your opponent.

#34 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,463 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:07 AM

I'd like to be included in this exception as well, as I'm also on the west coast.

• Moriarty likes this

#35 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:13 AM

I'd like to be included in this exception as well, as I'm also on the west coast.

Which state are you in? I live in the Silicon Valley

#36 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,463 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:58 AM

Which state are you in? I live in the Silicon Valley

Orange County, CA.

#37 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:46 PM

Caesar101,

As an American player I would prefer the arranged time to be 16 GMT at the earliest.

Edited by astros, 12 March 2016 - 11:47 PM.

3 - 0

#38 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:35 AM

Do we earn any TRP's from this event?

Does the winner of division 4, for example, earn the same as winer of Div 1?

#39 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,353 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:08 AM

Moriarty,

There are no further TRPs to be earned from the current event as the Masters Divisons are the season finale - the only thing to be earned is a place in the history books.

TRPS will become available again when the start of the next season (2016/17) begins. An announcement has just been made about this in the Tournaments (TC) forum.

#40 Zatanna

Zatanna

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:36 PM

Can I play please in the League 4?! Sorry I late!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users