Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:28 PM

To the members of MT, I've got some questions:

1. How does MT see 'the way forward'? a time line would be appreciated too.

2. What actions can we expect from MT towards the selection of new MT members?

3. Has MT contacted any of the people who declared their candidacies? (Nortrom, Morx, Don_Homer, Oracle, Astros, Napoleon 1er)

4. Has MT contacted anybody besides the mentioned names at question #3 suggesting they should announce their candidacy? if yes, whom?

5. Don_Homer opened an unofficial poll, does this poll have any relevance to the MT for the appointment process? ( http://forum.strateg...-not-anonymous/ )

6. Should there be a community vote, how does MT want to take care of troll accounts?

7. What do you think are the three strongest qualities of Napoleon 1er?

8. What do you think are the three strongest qualities of Astros?

9. What do you think are the three strongest qualities of Oracle?

10. What do you think are the three strongest qualities of Don_Homer?

11. What do you think are the three strongest qualities of Morx?

12. What do you think are the three strongest qualities of Nortrom?

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#2 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

If other candidates / forum members have some questions to, feel free to add those! :)

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#3 Oracle

Oracle

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:31 AM

I was not contacted yet.

#4 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

Nortrom
..i guess it will be very difficult for MT to answer what are the 3 strongest qualities of Oracle ... unknown, invisible and almost inactive ...but are these really qualities? ... begging you some indulgence when reading their answers😉😉😉

Edited by Napoleon 1er, 01 May 2018 - 06:28 AM.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#5 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

I was thinking clairvoyant, omnipotent, omniscience ;).

Since it may take some time to come with an answer, can one of the MT members acknowledge the fact they've read the questions and are working on it?

#6 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

There are other more pressing concerns at the moment (deciding on the new moderators, working on the double chase poll, etc.), but the MT have read the questions and we are working on how best to address them.

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth."

-Plato

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."

-Bruce Lee

#7 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Major

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

Nortrom I already posted my good and bad qualities to the MT when I was applying. When I applied somewhere I did never post my C.V. to other people then to the employer (usually 2 or 3 people from a commision). I know you like to share your own qualities with everyone, better said your view on your own qualities. However this makes it even more interesting to know your weak points. So I was wondering:

Do you also have bad qualities?

Did you share your bad qualities with MT?

Thanks!

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#8 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

You're asking for a(n) (unofficial) community vote. How can people vote without knowing your (in your opinion) good qualities? Oh wait, you probably know that most some of the votes you get aren't because of your qualities, but more anti- nortrom/morx/astros votes. Any other candidate (For example TheO, mastermind, texaspete, losermaker, fairway) would most likely beat you by a landslide in a vote. Just be happy with some anti-votes that come your way, despite having nearly nothing to bring to the table.

#9 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Major

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:00 PM

You're asking for a(n) (unofficial) community vote. How can people vote without knowing your (in your opinion) good qualities? Oh wait, you probably know that most some of the votes you get aren't because of your qualities, but more anti- nortrom/morx/astros votes. Any other candidate (For example TheO, mastermind, texaspete, losermaker, fairway) would most likely beat you by a landslide in a vote. Just be happy with some anti-votes that come your way, despite having nearly nothing to bring to the table.

You sound very aggresive for a potential Mt Member. Take a walk outside, it will do you good. There is enough written about my qualities. 

#10 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Major

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:28 PM

Nortrom I already posted my good and bad qualities to the MT when I was applying. When I applied somewhere I did never post my C.V. to other people then to the employer (usually 2 or 3 people from a commision). I know you like to share your own qualities with everyone, better said your view on your own qualities. However this makes it even more interesting to know your weak points. So I was wondering:

Do you also have bad qualities?

Did you share your bad qualities with MT?

Thanks!

Are you dodging these easy questions, Nortrom? :)

#11 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

No, I figured I'd show your hypocrisy first.

Do you also have bad qualities? --> Sure.

Did you share your bad qualities with MT? --> Unlike you, I posted my entire candidacy publicly. And later, as per request by KMC, I gave some more detailed information about how I intend on using past experiences on here.

#12 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Major

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

No, I figured I'd show your hypocrisy first.

Do you also have bad qualities? --> Sure.

Did you share your bad qualities with MT? --> Unlike you, I posted my entire candidacy publicly. And later, as per request by KMC, I gave some more detailed information about how I intend on using past experiences on here.

Thanks for the political answer Nortrom. For the people who do not like political answers (Like your friend KMC): at the second question he means No!

#13 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,261 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

Oh wait, you probably know that most some of the votes you get aren't because of your qualities, but more anti- nortrom/morx/astros votes.

Well, that's democracy, my friend. :)
Unfortunately, the only thing that matters is the number of votes and not the reasoning behind them. But were it not for this democratic poll, you would have less chances yourself of joining the MT. Winston Churchill was right.
  • tobermoryx likes this

-Plato

-Bruce Lee

#14 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:44 PM

It actually has little to do with democracy. It has more to do with flaws in systems. I invite you to check out this 6 - 7 min video: https://www.youtube....h?v=s7tWHJfhiyo

This poll has rendered napoleon, oracle, morx and astros without any chances, just because there are two more outspoken candidates, with one of them basically being the "anti-candidate".

Also, MT has not officially endorsed this poll(same with the lonello poll back in the times). Does your statement imply MT does endorse it?

• Morx, TemplateRex and DISLIKE like this

#15 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,261 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:55 PM

It actually has little to do with democracy. It has more to do with flaws in systems. I invite you to check out this 6 - 7 min video: https://www.youtube....h?v=s7tWHJfhiyo

Also, MT has not officially endorsed this poll(same with the lonello poll back in the times). Does your statement imply MT does endorse it?

The MT has stated that they want to know the community's opinion before they select the 2 new moderators. Obviously, this poll is a strong indicator of who the users of this forum would like to see join the MT, so we'll take it into account. I'm not saying that the number of votes per se will be the sole criterion in deciding who will join the MT (it's not a election; so yes, it's not pure democracy) but it's definitely something the MT will consider.
You can consider this as an answer to your question 5.
  • Don_Homer and tobermoryx like this

-Plato

-Bruce Lee

#16 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,292 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

Then the MT should bring aboard both Nortrom (for a specified period of time, official start date and exit date announced), and Don_Homer so that all voters can feel quite satisfied. This will also buy the MT valuable time to look for, vet, and prepare the final permanent MT after Nortrom's departure.

#17 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

but still I don't understand what a mod coming in MT for 2 months and then leaving would really bring? If he prooves to be bad then it is even better to shorten his stay in MT and if he prooves to be good then he shall remain. I don't understand your logic of 2 months and then go away?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#18 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:53 PM

http://forum.strateg...e-9#entry453430

#19 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:51 PM

MT, Any ETA on this?

#20 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:50 PM

The MT has stated that they want to know the community's opinion before they select the 2 new moderators. Obviously, this poll is a strong indicator of who the users of this forum would like to see join the MT, so we'll take it into account. I'm not saying that the number of votes per se will be the sole criterion in deciding who will join the MT (it's not a election; so yes, it's not pure democracy) but it's definitely something the MT will consider.
You can consider this as an answer to your question 5.

thank you very much, it is our great honor :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users