Photo

New MT member (not anonymous)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Poll: popularity vote new MT member (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Which new MT-member would you prefer?

1. Nortrom (21 votes [51.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.22%

2. Morx (7 votes [17.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

3. Don_Homer (10 votes [24.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

4. Oracle (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Astros (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Napoleon 1er (1 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

7. I dont know or I dont care (2 votes [4.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

Vote

#21 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 735 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

@Aris1970: there are a lot of smart users that do not want another Lonello in office.

Many of these users voted for Nortrom, some also voted for me.

To me this shows that these users also trusts the promise of change and improvements.

They represent a large part of the active user base of the site.

Some people that wanted to keep Lonello, now seem to support Donello.

#22 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

Ultimately, the role of the MT should be greatly diminished anyway. Abusive behavior and multiple accounts is largely irrelevant to me, I simply ignore insults in chat, but I understand that young children should be shielded from it.

That leaves draw and double chasing adjudication, but that should be 100% automated. That in turn requires an MT with people capable of 1) formulating the technical requirements, and 2) convincing the site owners to implement those. I believe that Nortrom and Morx are the most capable persons for that temporary job. If not for their technical skills, then at least for their sheer relentlessness in essentially nagging people to roll over. :)

If current MT is not willing to accept them as general colleagues, perhaps they could receive Special MT status with a limited project scope of achieving those goals, with the full MT backing for that purpose, but not interfering in any other abuse cases.

After that, I hope they'll focus on other more pressing needs, such as finishing their books on how to play proper Stratego ;)

Edited by TemplateRex, 02 May 2018 - 02:37 PM.

• Master Mind and KissMyCookie like this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#23 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:38 PM

A remark on the voting: TheOptician voted for Nortrom. JavierFlag, who is TheOptician, voted for Morx. Shouldn' t this be unique vote, like Don_Homer asked?  (Please do not vote with second accounts. You may vote for yourself though.)?

Wogomite voted also twice? Oh yes, one for Nortrom as Wogomite and one for Napoleon as Warwique.

What a nice and clean procedure!

Thanks, Danis.

A kindly request to TheOptican, Wogomite and for all users: please stick to the rules of the poll and vote only once!

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#24 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

That leaves draw and double chasing adjudication, but that should be 100% automated. That in turn requires an MT with people capable of 1) formulating the technical requirements, and 2) convincing the site owners to implement those. I believe that Nortrom and Morx are the most capable persons for that temporary job. 

if Nortrom & Morx really can succeed to convince the site owners to implement those
should be work for this as members of MT. 

@Morx & Nortrom 
  Give this promise ?

Edited by Aris1970, 02 May 2018 - 04:00 PM.

#25 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,435 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

if Nortrom & Morx really can succeed to convince the site owners to implement those
should be work for this as members of MT. 

@Morx & Nortrom 
  Give this promise ?

You should clearly understand there is nothing to promise here - they can only do what is within their reach, what I'm sure both Nortrom and Morx will promise to do.

• Nortrom likes this

Link to Strategobond Nederland Youtube Channel for live games: https://www.youtube....tegobond/videos

#26 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

Although Don_Homer has more votes than Morx. I want to point out that probably everyone who voted for Nortrom supports Morx over Don_Homer.
  • KARAISKAKIS, Morx, Unladen Swallow and 2 others like this

A nappy is a type of underwear that allows the wearer to defecate or urinate without the use of a toilet, by absorbing or containing waste products to prevent soiling of outer clothing or the external environment. 

#27 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

....ok ! ... Morx & Nortrom as new members of MT, will manage to convince the site owners to implement those ... :)

• KissMyCookie and Fks like this

#28 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

Aris, unfortunately, I can't promise you success on this, but I will most definitely try.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#29 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,421 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

If people think that changes made in programming and other things achievable by Admin have not happened up to now because the current or previous MT could not be bothered to suggest things, then I'm sorry but these people are sadly deluded. 

• Nortrom likes this

#30 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,421 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

And other than that what else is there that they will improve?

All I have seen is that there was some support for a poorly thought out change to the Abusive Behaviour punishments, which suggested their should be fixed punishments for using certain words. I gave an example to show how impractical it was and there was nothing more said about it.

There was some talk that the draw refusal rules could be improved and maybe they could be, but again no practical proposals from the saviours.

So what we are left with is not 'Vote for me to be in MT and I will do this or that' , rather 'Vote for me to be in MT because I am this or that' (posting CVs etc) 

#31 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 735 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:21 PM

@tobermoryx: I fully believe what you are saying. It is not because lack of trying or contacting the Admins.

But as living in Holland, being actively involved with the live events in Holland, some people have better access to the people in charge of everything. Note that I am not talking about the Admins there.

I am sure that both Nortrom and me are better connected for this than any of the other candidates.

• Aris1970 likes this

#32 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:56 PM

Ultimately, the role of the MT should be greatly diminished anyway. Abusive behavior and multiple accounts is largely irrelevant to me, I simply ignore insults in chat, but I understand that young children should be shielded from it.

That leaves draw and double chasing adjudication, but that should be 100% automated. That in turn requires an MT with people capable of 1) formulating the technical requirements, and 2) convincing the site owners to implement those. I believe that Nortrom and Morx are the most capable persons for that temporary job. If not for their technical skills, then at least for their sheer relentlessness in essentially nagging people to roll over. :)

If current MT is not willing to accept them as general colleagues, perhaps they could receive Special MT status with a limited project scope of achieving those goals, with the full MT backing for that purpose, but not interfering in any other abuse cases.

After that, I hope they'll focus on other more pressing needs, such as finishing their books on how to play proper Stratego ;)

This is all nice what you say here but why do they need to be part of MT to help for implementing all those changes? If the actions is with site owners then they can do it right now .. no need to be part of MT to explain to admins what to do to improve ISF rule implementation, right? WHoever knows what to do is just highly welcome to do it without further delays and without voting .. just do it ... MT's tasks are different, they are only to judge abusive behavious and drawrefusal cases and maintain peace on the forum. Implementation of ISF rules can be done by whoever knows what to do, no need of MT for that. MT can help and support but is not absolutely necessary on this action. If a valid double chasing rule is implemented by those who know what to do then MT will only follow up and judge those cases additionnally....

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#33 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:13 PM

an ISF member who living in Holland can help better ?

#34 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:17 PM

Tober,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought MT is looking for candidates to strengthen the team. Last time I tried to work on a plan with MT (multiple chasing), I believe you made a whooping three posts totalling 100 words. Basically abstaining from the matter at hand. 

I don't want to do finger-pointing, but your contribution was near zero.

Did MTinsley offer practical proposals before you guys appointed him? or major nelson? Why do you wish to use a different procedure / reasoning now?

After years of doing nothing and maintaining the status quo, it is time that (new) MT improves the current set of rules and procedures. The current MT members so far have not been very succesful in this. You probably don't like being told that, so be it.

Perhaps you could address the questions at: http://forum.strateg...new-mt-members/

• Wogomite likes this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#35 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

After years of doing nothing and maintaining the status quo, it is time that (new) MT improves the current set of rules and procedures. The current MT members so far have not been very succesful in this. You probably don't like being told that, so be it.

The MT needs a complete change
a change of one member is not enough

#36 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Captain

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

MT's tasks are different, they are only to judge abusive behavious and drawrefusal cases and maintain peace on the forum. Implementation of ISF rules can be done by whoever knows what to do, no need of MT for that. MT can help and support but is not absolutely necessary on this action. If a valid double chasing rule is implemented by those who know what to do then MT will only follow up and judge those cases additionnally....

I find it a waste of everyone's time that draws and chasing have to be manually judged based on timestamped screenshots. This should all be automated. 

• Don_Homer and Wogomite like this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#37 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

The MT needs a complete change
a change of one member is not enough

I mean democratically elected members of MT

Why.... Gary Shelton and not Don Homer ???

#38 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

I find it a waste of everyone's time that draws and chasing have to be manually judged based on timestamped screenshots. This should all be automated. 

we all agree with that but why do those guys who know what to do need to be part of MT for doing that? ... they can do it right now without losing time with these MT replacement votes , right?

• Don_Homer likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#39 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Captain

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

we all agree with that but why do those guys who know what to do need to be part of MT for doing that? ... they can do it right now without losing time with these MT replacement votes , right?

I think MT status (or special status endorsed by MT) would send a credible signal to the owners that this community in general, and its MT really needs these features (and other small stuff, such as different time controls like 12'04").

• Don_Homer likes this

#40 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

1. Which new MT-members would you prefer?
  2.  Nortrom
  3.  Morx
  4.  Don_Homer
  5.  Oracle
  6.  Astros
  7.  Napoleon 1er
  8.  I dont know or I dont care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users