Photo

New MT member (not anonymous)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Poll: popularity vote new MT member (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Which new MT-member would you prefer?

1. Nortrom (21 votes [51.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.22%

2. Morx (7 votes [17.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

3. Don_Homer (10 votes [24.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

4. Oracle (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Astros (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Napoleon 1er (1 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

7. I dont know or I dont care (2 votes [4.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

Vote

#1 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

This is a poll for all community to see which they would like added to the MT-staff. I thought it would be good to know what the community wants. Their opinion is important to me. This is my own curiousity and is not in name of the MT or anybody else than myself. Votes are not anonymous. Please do not vote with second accounts. You may vote for yourself though.

​Ofcourse this poll is not very reliable due to various reasons. It only gives an impression of the popularity of the candidates which I think is usefull.

Thanks for voting.

Update: This is an exact copy of the former Poll. Only difference is that this one is not anonymous. ​Becaus various people did not trust the other poll I would ask you to vote on this one too. Thanks in advance.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#2 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:20 PM

And please have the correct description this time on top?

Do you want people to vote for the most capable candidate? The most likeable one or something else?

Trust me the real people that do this polling for a living (or have some understanding of  science) will come with the same feedback as me. They did in the MT Survey.

#3 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:22 PM

And please have the correct description this time.

Do you want people to vote for the most capable candidate? The most likeable one or something else?

Everyone is free to decide this. You may choose politically, most of us will vote for a capable candidate.

#4 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,676 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

Everyone is free to decide this. You may choose politically, most of us will vote for a capable candidate.

I hope so too. What makes you think you'd be a capable candidate anyway?

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#5 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

As said before I believe I have the competences for the job, Nortrom. I agree with the analyses of Napoleon. Also you know me for 12 years now I think you know my strong points and weak points. 

#6 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,134 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:14 PM

Mr. Smith is active!  :) 

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#7 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:44 AM

Although abdicated, someone just pointed me at this poll (and I mean not Don himself!), I think it's a very easy pick ;). I find an MT-member must be of exemplary behavior; be impartial, honest and transparant, and all these qualities Don has. The last is clear to the eye for everyone. All candidates but Don are, as DSpy used to say it, 'hiding behind the door'.

Actually in MT I had proposed not to accept any candidates that has their Private status on, for protocol. We didn't go that far in the end as it seemed too strict but all did agree it is a fine trade to be open and transparant on the forum. It is nice for the community and fair to the Team as well that nobody ducks the workload. So I imagine in MT at the moment you would have thumbs up for this alone, Don :)!

PS
I only find voting for yourself a bit lame but since the opposing party does the same, I can forgive you for that ;)

Lo

#8 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:05 AM

PS

I only find voting for yourself a bit lame but since the opposing party does the same, I can forgive you for that ;)

That's okay, lonello, but when this poll appeared, Don_Homer's vote was the very first one cast, and guess what? He had voted for himself. Does that make him lame? I don't think so...also, Nortrom did not vote until just yesterday, so...why make this comment?

Even a candidate running to become President of the United States gets to cast a vote in that same election...do you think that Donald Trump voted for HRC, or vice versa?

#9 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,676 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

KMC, I thought that by now you knew libello lonello lives in his own world full of alternative facts crooked reality. In case you had forgotten, he just gave you a perfect reminder :).

Speaking of DH's honesty..

ebHTW0J.png

3irlI3p.png

Perhaps you, lonello, could comment on this? and focus on whether he spoke the truth or not. The topic whether DH's burning love for alternative playing options is a bad thing or not isn't relevant.

As for the "abdicated" status. I wouldn't call a 4-0 and 24-8 vote "abdicated" but "dishonorable resignation" instead. 

#10 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:10 PM

Nortrom I rectified that statement very quickly. I misread a word from Morx post. You have posted this now multiple times and its not nice to put personal emails into public without permission. Its sad that you lower yourself to the level of denigrating me.

On the contrary when I asked you to rectifie statements you made against me, you never rectified them. Maybe a bad quality I discovered there? 

#11 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,676 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

No, you rectified it because you were caught spreading untruthful information and tried to weasel out of it.

I exposed some of lonello's lies. As per usual, he didn't respond to it, so we haven't gotten to the ultimate truth finding yet.

#12 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,134 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:07 AM

Wogomite, why do you vote twice for different people with your other account ?

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#13 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:10 AM

A remark on the voting: TheOptician voted for Nortrom. JavierFlag, who is TheOptician, voted for Morx. Shouldn' t this be unique vote, like Don_Homer asked?  (Please do not vote with second accounts. You may vote for yourself though.)?

• Don_Homer, tobermoryx and Fairway like this

#14 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:13 AM

Wogomite, why do you vote twice for different people with your other account ?

Wogomite voted also twice? Oh yes, one for Nortrom as Wogomite and one for Napoleon as Warwique.

What a nice and clean procedure!

• Fairway likes this

#15 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:42 AM

It was somewhat humurous and a way to support Napster knowing he really does not stand a chance with votes (no offense Napster). I believe Napster is a strong and solid candidate and I wanted to acknowledge my view of that. If my vote made a difference because he had strong support, of course I would not have done this. I also did not like that out of two spots to fill, I get to only vote once. Just because Nortrom is my first choice does not mean I don't care to support my second choice.

If Napsters support competes with Don Homer and Nortrom, I will delete my vote made with Warwique.
  • KissMyCookie likes this

#16 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

A remark on the voting: TheOptician voted for Nortrom. JavierFlag, who is TheOptician, voted for Morx. Shouldn' t this be unique vote, like Don_Homer asked? (Please do not vote with second accounts. You may vote for yourself though.)?

As this poll is not an election, and is only endorsed by MT to the extent that they 'might' consider the results, I believe that making two votes for separate candidates is appropriate for the purpose of gauging opinion.

There are a few members on the list who I believe would be good MT candidates, so I don't see any reason why answers should be restricted to only one candidate. I suspect that the intention of Don_Homer (in disallowing votes of second accounts) was to ensure that players did not vote multiple times for the same candidate.

Both Nortrom and Morx do not have the optimal 'bedside manner', but this aspect will be diluted by the fact they are in a team which already is equipped with diplomacy skills, and furthermore both these candidates have expressed a commitment and demonstrated a passion to improve and progress MT for the good of the site
  • Morx and Fks like this

#17 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

For the people discussing the voting: I watched this video of the winner takes all system that was linked by Nortrom somewhere. Will find it and link it here, because it has high relevance to the process.

In the other thread I asked all people that would vote for me to vote for Nortrom and some already did this in this poll too, before the rules and impact were changed by an announcement from MT.

MT said that input gathered from this unofficial poll would be taken as part of the decision making process on MT members after like 10-15 votes were already cast. I think quite a number of these voters are happy with both Nortrom and me as candidates. TheOptician just made a statement that supports this vision.

#18 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

As this poll is not an election, and is only endorsed by MT to the extent that they 'might' consider the results, I believe that making two votes for separate candidates is appropriate for the purpose of gauging opinion.

You can't be more wrong TheO,

MT surely declare that they are not obliged by this poll, but they actually are in a way. I can't imagine how they are going to choose a candidate that does not have public support. How are they going to explain it? For instance would it be possible to choose astros or oracle or napoleon (sorry guys)? How would they explain their choice? How could they possibly explain why they totally ignored the community's opinion? So one way or another they are going to seriously consider this poll.

So please cast only one vote because what you are doing is mocking the procedure and you and wogomite are the only people doing this at present.

And to explain my vote, even though i am not obliged to. I believe that most fitted for the job is Nortom. Surely his CV is impressive and he has a vast knowledge of stratego mechanics and rules, but his character might pose several problems. All this war that he has unleashed against certain MT members (ex MT now) shows that he is passionate but ruthless. Also my belief is that he is bossy and and because of that he will not be able to function with other team members. He acts more like a politician and less than a player volunteering for a job (Morx too actually). Finally i don't really understand why he suddenly started all this mess. 6 months ago his presence was anemic but now... what has possibly changed to create such a diversion?

Don Homer on the other hand has not the knowledge or the experience of nortom in stratego issues, but his character is milder and more pleasant. He seems to enjoy the game and he wants to help improve the gaming conditions (at least that is my impression at present). Also i think he has no second accounts which to me is of great importance. So having to choose between these 2 (the others in my opinion are less qualified for various reasons) i go with the character i would like to judge my cases and that is Don Homer.

The above are my personal thoughts and apparently they could be wrong as i don't know the candidates personally. These thoughts are based exclusively on the candidates forum presence and the PM which might have sent me for several topics.

Edited by don mitsos, 02 May 2018 - 10:04 AM.

• Don_Homer likes this

#19 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,676 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:59 AM

Don mitsos (a good don ;)),

It's best to keep it to one vote/person, we don't want to run into discussions about that later (or now, for that matter).

Sometimes, unfortunately, a more ruthless approach is the only way to achieve something. Especially when there are people burying their heads in the sand. Like many other forum members, I, too, regret the way some things have gone.

Sorry to see you perceive me as 'bossy', the opposite is actually true. I may have a strong opinion about certain things, but 'bossy', definitely not, no. Unlike some others who can't even form an opinion about something, I stand behind my beliefs. When you look at the WCO for example, this 'one time grace for no show' wasn't my idea, at all. Karaiskakis wanted it, Morx supported it. I did not. In the end this 'bossy character' went by the majority. Some players had some doubts about the actual implementation of it, we surveyed it and there was a 60-65% majority to keep it. A 'bossy character' would've taken a much different approach :).

" Finally i don't really understand why he suddenly started all this mess. 6 months ago his presence was anemic but now... what has possibly changed to create such a diversion?"

"he wants to help improve the gaming conditions" can you name some of his proposals / opinions? besides "I don't know".

Thanks for sharing your views though! :)

Nortrom

#20 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant