Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

Hello admins or anyone who can help,

For the first time I lost a game on lag. I played with google chrome and occasionally I was losing time because the screens were very slow and suddenly the timer skipped like 20 seconds several times. It was not the whole game, some parts were like usual. Anyway it was a good game and after 45 minutes at the beginning of endgame I lost the game because my timer run out. Very frustrating.

I was playing on Chrome at about 17:15-17:50gmt.

Does anybody else have had problems like this these days? 

• gujiguji, Electrichammer and hjn like this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#2 Electrichammer

Electrichammer

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:20 PM

Maybe the internet was slowly.

• gujiguji likes this

#3 gujiguji

gujiguji

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:51 PM

The same thing happened to me!!! So annoying!
  • hjn likes this

#4 gujiguji

gujiguji

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:51 PM

No, the internet is fine. If it is not, then you can’t do anything.

#5 rgillis783

rgillis783

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:19 PM

Very nice of you to respond (electrichammer/gujiguji) to Don's concerns. This game does have lag issues I have noticed. It happens from time to time and at peak hours when a lot of people are on the game site. An option if you see it lagging is to ask opponent if same thing is occurring, offer a draw----better than it freezing altogether. Just a thought--keep posting and welcome.  :)  

• Don_Homer, gujiguji and Electrichammer like this

#6 gujiguji

gujiguji

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:48 AM

Thanks, I have tried but some people don’t respond to the battle chat.
  • hjn likes this

#7 rgillis783

rgillis783

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:05 AM

Battle chat is ONE place to meet people on this site. If you choose to open battle chat be prepared , not all chat is friendly or helpful. With that said ,I have met and gotten help from many a fellow Stratego fan in battle chat. Many players have had a bad experience with this IE the Abusive Behavior thread.  Learn how to take screen shots it will help with these folks who are not to pleasant & draw refusals. Just as your doing now reach out in forum build contacts learn about the different players. It is a world wide game not everyone speaks English hence no chat in battle chat.----Of course there is goggle translate but it is not perfect !

• hjn likes this

#8 gujiguji

gujiguji

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:51 AM

Ok. I just don’t play people because of lag. However, there is no lag when I play the computer. It even lags with as few as 170 people on the site.
  • hjn likes this

#9 gujiguji

gujiguji

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:53 AM

I have not met anyone too unpleasant yet. On one forum it says you can report it to a moderator.

#10 rgillis783

rgillis783

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

Yes the MT is here to help. I am not part of the MT.

#11 gujiguji

gujiguji

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

Yes

#12 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:56 PM

Hi Rgillis, Yesterday I didnt have the problems at all at a similar time. At the day I had it (few days ago (see my Original post) my opponent didnt have troubles (at least he didnt lose any time). It was a friendly match. My opponent got kicked of the website the first time he logged in though. 

#13 rgillis783

rgillis783

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:57 PM

Double check that you have latest Flash. Clear your browser of cookies etc... jump into a ranked match with less than 170 members online. This is one way to see if it is you or the game system. Two last thoughts would be what browser you are using? I for one prefer Chrome over Edge. If your on a computer does it have a graphics card or an older chip ? All these things come into play with this game.Good hunting/gaming gujiguji .

#14 rgillis783

rgillis783

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hey Don H. good as always to here from ya. I did re-read your original post -you were on Chrome. Timer was skipping 20 second on you ending with you buffering out. That is the worst, investing 45 min. and ending like that. While that would never had happened at another site --you visit--if ya get me. ;) Same advise as above. I will share this Don ,I was in a match  with a certain player flying Denmark flag he was reporting same issue as you. This was 2 months ago,every turn of his was coasting him 20-30 seconds he told me. Victory was mine just keep forcing him to move right? While, I told other player who by the way is known to ALL in the forum---one way or another--under different names that I did not want a win that way. Player laughed at this and stated" a win is a win" .I said yes but on this day and I had pts to spare I did not want win from them this way. I surrendered , not that I took pity/ nice or any of that just didn't want Victory from this player that way--culturally different I guess. :D Could be any number of issues going on Don hang in there !

Edited by rgillis783, 29 April 2018 - 01:21 PM.

• Don_Homer likes this

#15 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

Hey Don H. good as always to here from ya. I did re-read your original post -you were on Chrome. Timer was skipping 20 second on you ending with you buffering out. That is the worst, investing 45 min. and ending like that. While that would never had happened at another site --you visit--if ya get me. ;) Same advise as above. I will share this Don ,I was in a match  with a certain player flying Denmark flag he was reporting same issue as you. This was 2 months ago,every turn of his was coasting him 20-30 seconds he told me. Victory was mine just keep forcing him to move right? While, I told other player who by the way is known to ALL in the forum---one way or another--under different names that I did not want a win that way. Player laughed at this and stated" a win is a win" .I said yes but on this day and I had pts to spare I did not want win from them this way. I surrendered , not that I took pity/ nice or any of that just didn't want Victory from this player that way--culturally different I guess. :D Could be any number of issues going on Don hang in there !

Hey Rgillis,

Same goes for you, Always funny to read your posts! Not all my moves costed 20 secs but it happened just enough to lose my 5 minutes buffer time in the end. Its the first time it happened altough I had some lag before, it never costed me the game. It could be my own internet but I have a feeling it was not. Anyway hope it wont happen again, very frustrating. Anyway probaby it doesnt happen too much, seeining the low ammount of people who recognice this. So lets hope on that :).

Edited by Don_Homer, 29 April 2018 - 02:27 PM.

• gujiguji likes this

#16 gujiguji

gujiguji

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

Hopefully this does not happen a lot.

• Don_Homer likes this

#17 gujiguji

gujiguji

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

Happens to me a lot lately. I played my first 50 games with no problem.

#18 rgillis783

rgillis783

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

Ok I was just trying to assist some fellow gamers before. Now in a ranked match against Mattster1616 they got froze and buffered out. This is getting out of hand, I did not complain in forum but within two days last week this also happened over 10 times. I did not report it because I had many tabs open on those days. I was also was running multiple apps--along with listening to music. I thought it was the PC. If we could have tied I would have but all was frozen for them except chat. My freezing was all at start of games .

#19 gujiguji

gujiguji

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:34 PM

The last bits of this video:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=J14odA9DQfo

Worst lag I have ever seen. He got lucky though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users