rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

I just saw this and it struck me as odd,until I remembered not everyone thinks like a Westerner .

https://www.eurogame...es-are-gambling

I get it, but still gambling. In first line of the article  it mentions "addiction-sensitive" elements. It seems they are concerned for the children but as an American I find it a big ask to change games. I hope the Dutch Authorities don't catch wind of the Stratego habit/addiction. We all would need rehab ! 

#2 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

Hi mr. Rgillis, This was indeed on our Dutch news. I think its good. I think you should not only protect children but also adults from addiction. These kind of addictions are the future and we should take them serious. Also there are a lot of (semi)gambling apps I noticed. 

I understand you dont like if they change games, I agree with you there. But why would they implement al these shops to buy all sort of digital things. Why not making fake money in the game instead of real money and all that... 

And unfortunately they already shut down the Stratego shop here  :P  :angry:

Edited by Don_Homer, 26 April 2018 - 07:49 PM.

• rgillis783 likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#3 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

Thanks Don for taking time to read and post. I consulted one of my minions about this issue who agrees with you. As my minion put it , this issue is on the rise in all countries and they are looking into it. Time for companies to step up and face the future. Must admit as a capitalist I do see a couple sides to the issue. In this day an age monetizing virtual items into real cash is just amazing to me. I read also that the latest Star Wars Battlefront II game that came out needed to adjust it's loot box due to complaints from customers.A good story about that is here. 

https://www.rollings...etailed-w517937

My last thought came from my minion.He gave me this example, that if a top rank player in Stratego wanted to sell the account.I say good for player buying and great for player selling. Minion said I "just don't get it" they may be right. Nuns in my parochial school used to say same thing.  :lol:

• Don_Homer likes this

#4 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

Your minion is a wise (wo)man :)

• rgillis783 likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#5 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

I hope the Dutch Authorities don't catch wind of the Stratego habit/addiction. 

Fortunately, Stratego does not offer prizes of market value :) But more importantly, it is predominantly a game of skill IMO. Bluffing and lottoing are not inherent in the game mechanics (in contrast to dice rolls or cards being dealt), but purely arise from the player strategy.

• rgillis783 likes this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#6 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

After just a few weeks EA has made announcement about the loot box issue.

http://www.techtimes...14/20180509/ea 

I thought this topic would bring out some pros and cons but alas it seems just a few of us care. :huh:

Template Rex you are tuned in but not sure if you are dialed in. Currently there seems to be a Tournament going on with a cash prize,here on Stratego ! Then there is the the rub with the what if a high ranking Stratego player chose to sell this acct to another player. I find the issue of monetizing a virtual item into real money fascinating myself. I like the input TR ! 

On a different note my beloved Red Soxs suffered the loss of a pitcher to mild Carpal Tunnel due to popular game Fortnite--watch it Max !

Edited by rgillis783, 11 May 2018 - 12:55 PM.

#7 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

After just a few weeks EA has made announcement about the loot box issue.

http://www.techtimes...14/20180509/ea 

I thought this topic would bring out some pros and cons but alas it seems just a few of us care. :huh:

Template Rex you are tuned in but not sure if you are dialed in. Currently there seems to be a Tournament going on with a cash prize,here on Stratego ! Then there is the the rub with the what if a high ranking Stratego player chose to sell this acct to another player. I find the issue of monetizing a virtual item into real money fascinating myself. I like the input TR ! 

On a different note my beloved Red Soxs suffered the loss of a pitcher to mild Carpal Tunnel due to popular game Fortnite--watch it Max !

You can surely have tournaments with cash prizes for games of skill. Why would Stratego be different than chess? Selling accounts: seems not much different from say World of Warcraft, where people from low income countries amass points and items to sell. The underlying game is still skill rather than chance-based, so the whole loot box story does not really apply.

• rgillis783 likes this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users