Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

Today I had the pleasure to play against scottrussia for my first time. Of course, I had heard about his notorious army of Spartan Warriors and their great victories - especially my friend, roeczak, remembered vividly emerging from the battlefield bleeding twice, after his army had been eradicated by the Spartan Warriors. So, with big caution and anticipation I guided my Athenian troops into the valley for a revival of the Peloponnesian War (the Spartans won that war against the Athenians). I had to admit, I was determined to punish the Spartan Warriors after their huge disrespect the night before the imminent battle. Eventually I managed to win, but after horrific experiences that will eternally remain engraved in my memory. The Spartan Warriors made a good start, led by their brave General - you read correctly, General, not Marshal, to my surprise... - and had the Athenians on the ropes for most of the game. After many casualties, however, towards the endgame, the a Spartan Colonel made a vital mistake and was captured dishonourably. Until this point the battle was quite balanced, but this blunder ruined what would have been a very interesting endgame and sealed a rather lucky victory for the Athenian troops. Nevertheless, the Spartan Warriors made clear to me what they are capable of and from now on I shall never underestimate them again. Although the outcome of the battle will be recorded in the history books as a victory for the Athenian army, the survivors of the battle know the truth about what really happened and will always remember the bravery and skill demonstrated by the Spartan Warriors and the recklessness that ultimately led to their doom.

LONG LIVE THE SPARTAN WARRIORS!

• Fairway and rgillis783 like this

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth."

-Plato

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."

-Bruce Lee

#2 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

BTW, Scott, I'd like you to take a look at this game between roeczak and me, I believe I made the Spartan Warriors proud. :)

https://www.youtube....BFnJe3cm9uBSh4A

-Plato

-Bruce Lee

#3 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

I also want to note that Scott had limited availability this week and rushed to inform me as early as the previous Saturday, true gentleman.

• rgillis783 likes this

-Plato

-Bruce Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users