#101 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 729 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

@Napoleon 1er: I agree with Josh on the right to have a personal opinion.

There is a big difference between being acting professional in the case handling process and expressing your opinion in other topics.

I am fine if MT members express their opinions in other topics, as long as it does not interfere with the process of case handling.

You have seen my reply to how Lonello handled a person that he thought was criticizing him. He gave him punishment for something he did much earlier and had no direct relationship to his current post, just to get rid off him. This is the sort of misuse of power you will not see from me.

As I am currently involved in a political discussion in this thread and not a sitting MT member, I would like to give you my opinion on Don_Homers candidacy and his association with another game site by posting a picture.

VarveG20151118_low.jpg

• Unladen Swallow likes this

#102 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

I agree, to an extent, that Alex and I are not serious enough to be moderators. However, that's not saying that our opinions are any less valuable. We just view the forum as a more casual place, rather than a place for politics. 

• Napoleon 1er and Master Mind like this
I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world.

#103 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

There is a big difference between being acting professional in the case handling process and expressing your opinion in other topics.

I am fine if MT members express their opinions in other topics, as long as it does not interfere with the process of case handling

Yes, you explained my point much more eloquently there.

In case handling the MT should always be professional. In the off topic boards, the MT are free to divulge their own personal opinions on politics, religion, quotes of the day, finance, football etc. 

• rgillis783 likes this
I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world.

#104 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

... ok guys Morx and Unladen Swallow ... I fully agree that before football mundial in Russia mods shall be allowed to express personal opinions, like Switzerland in final!, thanks for such agreement ... and sorry that Holland will not be there :)  ... my point is only ; did I do something wrong with regard to being professionnal in handling draw refusal or abusive behaviour cases? ...if yes then please anybody believing I did such thing please explain when and where ... and if not then please recognize I did not do anything wrong ...

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#105 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 729 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

@Napoleon 1er: I do not know about you specifically. This is more a general statement on how I find that the MT should operate. I am sure there are many people that are interested to read this, because they want to know what sort of vision they can expect from a candidate.

I gave an example in my earlier post of misuse of power by an ex-MT member. If other MT members do not call out this sort of things and stop wrong being done, the whole team suffers reputation damage. This is another reason why I already mentioned training earlier.

There are more examples where I think the process was not followed, mainly in the Abusive thread, but I would like to discuss those personally with the sitting MT members when they agree to work with me.

#106 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,903 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:14 PM

@ Morx

forget about Lonello. He is out. Did any existing mod (GaryLShelton, Major Nelson, MTinsley, Tobermoryx) or myself in the past have any "non professionnal" behaviour when handling draw refusal or abusive language case? .. if yes please explain when and where.

Edited by Napoleon 1er, 28 April 2018 - 06:15 PM.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#107 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

Did any existing mod (GaryLShelton, Major Nelson, MTinsley, Tobermoryx) or myself in the past have any "non professionnal" behaviour when handling draw refusal or abusive language case?

Not from what I know. 

MTinsley opened the case of Libel against Lonello, so they are all now following the correct process. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 28 April 2018 - 06:28 PM.

• Nortrom likes this

#108 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

This must be some kind of a joke, and not a funny one at all. You want to be considered for a position on the MT, but you clearly have no ability to answer questions effectively, thoroughly, or with evidence of even having understood the question being asked.

Your answer to question #1 is nothing more than a mere deflection and is unsatisfactory.

You completely fail to understand and to answer properly question #2–this alone is enough to disqualify you.

Question #3 is answered with a "maybe" but nothing indicating any conviction, strength, or vision.

Question #4 is, again, answered passively as you would prefer to wait to hear from someone else. WHY WOULD YOU WAIT?!?!? If you were an MT, you would be in a position to propose ideas to your colleagues, but it takes vision, understanding, tenacity, and imagination–strength helps to bind some of these things, but your passivity in answering demonstrates an absolute lack of leadership quality.

Your answer to question #5 starts off with "I don't know." This is not how an MT would respond.

You start to answer question #6, but then you waggle on both sides of the coin and leave the question with NO answer at all.

This is an atrocious example of failing to answer successfully very basic questions, and I flat out refuse to endorse anyone who can submit this kind of writing thinking that they have fulfilled some kind of quality work–this is embarrassing. Why am I so passionate about posting this material? Because the forum has gone through a HUGE blood-letting episode and needs everyone to pull together with a common goal of resuscitating this place. Being considered as an MT candidate is no laughing matter, and there is nothing casual about it, but when someone has the idea, "Oh gee, I think I'd like to be an MT," but cannot even answer effectively to any acceptable degree basic questions, then this flies right in the face of building a better now and future.

Hi KMC,

Altough I think your opinion about me is overly critical and subjective I will try to answer your critism. First I cannot answer too concretely (I will ''sic'' this for you) because I do not know what is possible. I would like admins would implement a lot of rules, clock times etc in line with ISF but I dont know what is possible. In addition to my answer on Q1 I am more than willing to convince admins about implementing the ISF rules, better clocks etc. As you know though, we are dependent of the admins and I would not be surprised if MTs already tried their best for it. A second thing I can do is talk with MT members and try to solve possible conflicts (Lonello is suggesting this in his latest post). Thirdly I trust to have some creative ideas to improve this website one way or the other way.

The gravon critism of you Morx and US (maybe Astros?) is not well grounded I believe. I did never have a (formal) function at gravon. The only thing I did for the website is host a tournament with Zach (Manning2Cruz), back in 2013. I played many games there but I dont see a problem with that. I also played already several tournaments on this website (for example Pyramid League, WCO, WTT, Pro tournament).

Despite all your bad criticm I did see an implicit compliment, you didnt ''sic'' me once in your posts! So My spelling must be improving :).

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#109 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

Greetings to all,

From all this activity of the last month in the forum, i think the question that started this dramatized situation, is still unanswered.

The original questions and proposals, posted by Astros (malcom jansen then)  as community voting for MT candidates, length of service etc, were not answered by the avalanche of posts that followed. 

So i come to ask again, will the community be asked about its opinion? Will democratic procedures be held?

http://forum.strateg...ture-of-the-mt/

Edited by don mitsos, 28 April 2018 - 06:57 PM.

• tobermoryx and astros like this

#110 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

Greetings to all,

From all this activity of the last month in the forum, i think the question that started this dramatized situation, is still unanswered.

The original questions and proposals, posted by Astros (malcom jansen then)  as community voting for MT candidates, length of service etc, were not answered by the avalanche of posts that followed. 

So i come to ask again, will the community be asked about its opinion? Will democratic procedures be held?

http://forum.strateg...ture-of-the-mt/

Thanks for bring this up. My intent was never to see moderator X, Y, or Z removed. I only wanted the community to have input on who is a moderator, increased transparency is the handling of cases, and a possible re-write of the abusive behavior and draw refusal rules.

I am disappointed that Lonello was removed because the MT voted for it and not because the community wanted a new moderator. Similarly, I like MTinsley and believe that he was a good selection, I would have voted for him. However, I dislike that he was selected without consulting the community whatsoever.

• Nortrom and don mitsos like this

Gary is a tool

#111 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for bring this up. My intent was never to see moderator X, Y, or Z removed. I only wanted the community to have input on who is a moderator, increased transparency is the handling of cases, and a possible re-write of the abusive behavior and draw refusal rules.

I am disappointed that Lonello was removed because the MT voted for it and not because the community wanted a new moderator. Similarly, I like MTinsley and believe that he was a good selection, I would have voted for him. However, I dislike that he was selected without consulting the community whatsoever.

I would appreciate it if there will be a vote for the community for the MT candidates. If that happens we might prevent more dissatisfied users after assigning an unwanted member in the MT. I dont want to be a MT member if a large part of the community is opposed to it.

#112 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 729 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

The gravon critism of you Morx and US (maybe Astros?) is not well grounded I believe. I did never have a (formal) function at gravon. The only thing I did for the website is host a tournament with Zach (Manning2Cruz), back in 2013.

I think your answer here is misleading and/or incomplete.

Some people would call this lying.

Or maybe you did forget that you also keep spamming our forum with continuous messages involving this site, resurrecting dead threads to promote it, reminding people to play there, helping them to log on, .....

On top of this you also send out a mass email promoting a 2018 tournament held there.

That is not exactly the same as only being involved in helping that site in 2013.

#113 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

I think your answer here is misleading and/or incomplete.

Some people would call this lying.

Or maybe you did forget that you also keep spamming our forum with continuous messages involving this site, resurrecting dead threads to promote it, reminding people to play there, helping them to log on, .....

On top of this you also send out a mass email promoting a 2018 tournament held there.

That is not exactly the same as only being involved in helping that site in 2013.

No, Im not misleading or lying. I talked about gravon on this forum and responded on questions yes. Where did I deny this or say different? Where did I lie? nowhere! But please answer the question.

Morx Im really sorry for you that you are full with grudges against me, gravon and others. Its not good for your mental health. 

Edited by Don_Homer, 28 April 2018 - 08:28 PM.

#114 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,010 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

For those who missed DH's initial statement, now trying to weasel out of it.

ebHTW0J.png

3irlI3p.png

• Unladen Swallow likes this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

Have an ongoing issue with the MT and in need of a "lawyer?" Nortrom Stratego Legal Services offers their services pro deo.

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#115 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:27 PM

Ok then it was not a lie. I take that back. I misread it and thought Morx was talking about a PM on this website. What is wrong with an email to former gravon-players? It was nothing sneaky too cause you 2 got the email as well.

Edited by Don_Homer, 28 April 2018 - 08:29 PM.

#116 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:36 PM

Ok then it was not a lie. I take that back. I misread it and thought Morx was talking about a PM on this website. What is wrong with an email to former gravon-players? It was nothing sneaky too cause you 2 got the email as well.

Morx clearly mentioned "email" which you had highlighted in red.

Unfortunately, it shows there are some concerns over your loyalty to this site, if you are applying for a moderator here. 

#117 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,903 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

frankly guys ... do you really pretend that who is playing on gravon is not loyal to stratego.com? ... come on this is no rationale argument ... whoever loves stratego would love both stratego.com and gravon ... there is no competition ... whoever is promoting stratego is welcome ... and whoever supports both websites is welcome ... this is proof of being devoted to stratego and a good reason for beeing a mod if the other competencies like good knowledge of stratego , good command of english, impartial behaviour etc are also present like it is the case with Don Homer ...

• tobermoryx, Fairway, Major Nelson and 1 other like this

#118 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,010 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:55 PM

I don't care that much about it myself - I do care about people making untruthful statements however. Integrity (or lack of) comes in many forms. 

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

Have an ongoing issue with the MT and in need of a "lawyer?" Nortrom Stratego Legal Services offers their services pro deo.

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#119 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

frankly guys ... do you really pretend that who is playing on gravon is not loyal to stratego.com? ... come on this is no rationale argument ... whoever loves stratego would love both stratego.com and gravon ... there is no competition ... whoever is promoting stratego is welcome ... and whoever supports both websites is welcome ... this is proof of being devoted to stratego and a good reason for beeing a mod if the other competencies like good knowledge of stratego , good command of english, impartial behaviour etc are also present like it is the case with Don Homer ...

Let's imagine there was a chocolate company, Cadburys, and our fictional Brain is a staff member there.

What if Brain started going around, sending emails and flyers to people, advertising Mars (a competiting chocolate company)?

#120 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:26 PM

Anybody who honestly believes that advertising Gravon here may have a negative impact on the popularity of this site is just naive. If your problem is that at Gravon you are not "allowed" to write about stratego.com, and so you want that this be the case here as well (the other way around), then ok, theoretically you have a point but quite frankly, only someone who has a problem with the admin at Gravon would care about that. If the guy owning Gravon only cares about promoting his site and not stratego in general this doesn't mean that you should act in the same way; in fact, by not doing so you show that you are morally superior because you care about the promotion of the game in general.

• tobermoryx, Fairway and TemplateRex like this

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth."

-Plato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users