#1 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,676 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

As a response to one of GaryLShelton's most recent posts, asking for people of the community to step up (The post seems to be hidden for now, though):

After the most recent unpleasantries, I will personally volunteer to take upon the task at hand of repairing the damage done and deliver an improved MT to the community. While this may not be an easy or grateful task, I will happily take the responsibility for this task and fulfill it to the maximum of my ability. 

I have previously stated I'd be more than willing to help out, it is time for me to put those words into action. I've thought about an improvement plan and hope the improvements aswell as candidacy are supported by the community.

Nortrom

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#2 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:51 AM

Finally, your true reason for creating all this mess in the forum has revealed. The masks have fallen. Hijacking the forum, bringing down Mods, constantly attacking the prestige and the credibility of MT in order for you to achieve the ultimate target. MT needs people who can work as a team and cooperate, not persons with personal agenda and ambitions to rule the Stratego world. I hope the community has the clear mind to see all this.
  • Don_Homer and tobermoryx like this

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,676 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

Danis, I never made a secret of my willingness to step up and deliver. Just repeating what I said 8 weeks ago.

#4 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

Well, good luck then.
  • Morx likes this

#5 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

I'm not a fan of this idea. I think the MT needs to be a team, and I don't see that happening with the proposed candidate working together with the other MT members.

• Don_Homer, Napoleon 1er and tobermoryx like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#6 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

I think the MT needs to be a team...

No, Max, you are incorrect...sorry. The fact that MT was acting as a team partial to one another is what led to all of the in fighting, the incessant delays to action, and the fear imposed upon other MT members by intimidating them into a feeling of, "Oh well, I am new to MT, so I don't want to piss any of the other MT off and lose my position..."

This is exactly what goes against the effectiveness of a panel of people who must adjudicate upon matters. Their only loyalty should be to the cause of justice to serve their community. A mindset of a team flies in the face of that notion and this is how it is possible for one panelist to bully or blackmail another. Their primary focus should be upon trying to do what is right, and the way to do this is to remain objective and not allow their co-panelists to influence them via strong-arm methods.

It is good when they disagree with one another, that in itself is a not a problem, but when there is an unwillingness to try to understand other points of view, and to work to a common goal through COMPROMISE, not sacrifice, but COMPROMISE, then you are talking about a process which does not function responsibly. One must be willing to try to understand ALL points of view, and to be willing to compromise to work things out together.

Insofar as Nortrom's announcement of interest, as I understood it initially, he offered to help for a period of time to implement, and rebuild MT into a group he envisioned as strong. Nothing would be stopping the MT from creating an advisory position for a determined period of time (one week, one month, three months...it is unimportant) to see if this is something which would work for them. They may feel completely indifferent to the proposal.

@danis–Nortrom already made his statement at the very beginning of all of this matter and was completely transparent. Your post is irresponsible in that is does not reflect the truth of the facts, but merely your reaction to things–PLUS, you are obviously trying to put Nortrom in a poor light by making such a blatantly misguided post. Just stop it...you are not bringing anything supportive or positive to this discussion by making such an incorrect statement. By the way, when you were an active MT member, and Nortrom was proposing to discuss and to get MT to adopt a platform for Double Chasing, all the MT, EXCEPT YOU, were participating in the discussion: this included lonello, Napoleon 1er, GaryLShelton, and tobermoryx...but you brought nothing to the table...suddenly, you have such a loud voice to this matter...it does not seem right to me, danis...

I don't see that happening with the proposed candidate working together with the other MT members.

You cannot predict the future, Max. Only the active MT members have any clue as to how they may feel about it. I understand that this is your feeling about it, but then if we all go this pathway, you will find that everyone on this forum has someone they could easily speak against.

My suggestion is to have some faith in the MT, and to celebrate their willingness to approach the forum community for some feedback. Offer positive and supportive information. If you know of a better candidate, then propose it and offer the positive reasons for the suggestion. This is the kind of help this forum needs now, this is the type of approach which may inspire MT to listen, and it certainly may allow for shy forum users to offer their point of view.

No slamming, please–the MT are not obligated to do anything with the info they receive here, but it ultimately does serve them to have enough current information to know what the "word on the street" is, and this can only be useful to them.

Edited by KissMyCookie, 20 April 2018 - 10:51 AM.

• Morx likes this

#7 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

@danis–Nortrom already made his statement at the very beginning of all of this matter and was completely transparent. Your post is irresponsible in that is does not reflect the truth of the facts, but merely your reaction to things–PLUS, you are obviously trying to put Nortrom in a poor light by making such a blatantly misguided post. Just stop it...you are not bringing anything supportive or positive to this discussion by making such an incorrect statement. By the way, when you were an active MT member, and Nortrom was proposing to discuss and to get MT to adopt a platform for Double Chasing, all the MT, EXCEPT YOU, were participating in the discussion: this included lonello, Napoleon 1er, GaryLShelton, and tobermoryx...but you brought nothing to the table...suddenly, you have such a loud voice to this matter...it does not seem right to me, danis...

KMC, I think it is about time to stop sucking Nortrom, it is getting boring... You are a famous sucker of whoever has power in this site, it is known that you stick like a parasite and try to flatter in order to get his favour. Enough, you should stop it. You did it to Sevenseas and it costed you the ban, you did it to me when I became MT member, like you were always a fan of me and nothing ever happened between us in the past, you did it all the time to MT by glorifying every decision they made... Just until you realized that something was changing, a new great wannabe leader was coming and decided to stick in to him... Enough man, it is disgusting! As for the Double chase subject you mention, you suddenly remembered that now that I am against your new born leader-God. Of course, how obvious.... I wish you this time you will not have the same luck as the previous time when the mail forger took you down with him. After all, you are lucky enough you are still in this site, despite your PERMANENT BAN.

Edited by danis_p_gr, 20 April 2018 - 12:55 PM.

• GaryLShelton and Henry domerkant like this

#8 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:13 PM

@Nortrom IF you ever succeed in your ultimate goal to become the master of the site, sorry, I mean MT member, I believe that one of your top priorities will be to enforce the site rules and ban once and for all the previously permanent banned players, such as your Forum Union buddies amongst others. Otherwise you will be accused for favoritism, right?
  • GaryLShelton and Henry domerkant like this

#9 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

KMC, I think it is about time to stop sucking Nortrom, it is getting boring... You are a famous sucker of whoever has power in this site, it is known that you stick like a parasite and try to flatter in order to get his favour.

@danis–You must try to improve your English language...the manner in which you express yourself here sounds overly sexual...is that your intent or did you mean something else? Besides, what possible favour could I possibly gain by making a friend on this site? Hardly would anyone who knows me refer to me as a parasite, unless of course they were profoundly ignorant and ceratinly jealous to a degree of thinking.

You did it to Sevenseas and it costed you the ban...

No, I became a friend of Josh's because we love the game Stratego–your recollection of what happened is incorrect in its details and it would serve you to think (if you are even capable) before you recount something incorrectly.

you did it to me when I became MT member, like you were always a fan of me and nothing ever happened between us in the past...

Are you on medication? Your memory is quite different from mine...I tried to be friendly with you, but your persistent indifference to me demonstrated that trying to be your friend was pointless–in fact, I felt you were cold and rude...I cannot say that I ever liked you, because although I tried, I could not reach that point because your were indifferent.

Just until you realized that something was changing, a new great wannabe leader was coming and decided to stick in to him...

Your lack of understanding is only exceeded by your distressing ignorance. Methinks you are of a rather hot-headed, jealousy type disposition, and if that is so, then no one can help you...you must try to help yourself.

As for the Double chase subject you mention, you suddenly remembered that now that I am against your new born leader-God.

So, this is what it really is all about–the documents prove your indifference to MT matters, that you were not present to execute your job function correctly, and you do not like the fact that FACTS speak about your poor performance in this specific regard. I also caution you that referring to others as being a "G-d" is practically blasphemous to some of us who are very respectful of religious beliefs and creeds. So, in a polite warning, be careful of the language you choose.

Your comments are your own and represent your opinions...that is all...but to me, you and your opinions are irrelevant, danis. Your memory for details is very poor, but what is worse is your nastiness and your pettiness.

I am sorry to know you have such a meanness inside your person.

P.S. I would suggest that you and I no longer communicate on the forum as it is a distraction to more important matters. If, however, you want to co-exist peacefully (even in silence) I will be glad to oblige.

Edited by KissMyCookie, 20 April 2018 - 01:56 PM.

#10 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:01 PM

What Danis says has no sexual connotations.

By 'Sucking' he clearly means 'sucking up to' , ♥♥♥ kissing etc
  • GaryLShelton likes this

#11 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,676 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

"As for the Double chase subject you mention, you suddenly remembered that now

This info was released last week.

As for your worries about banning players, a huge and important part would be new policies, until those are in place, I can't comment on specific cases ;).

Anyway, I am a 'lead by example' person and liked to get jobs done. I hope more players will announce their candidacy.

#12 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

What Danis says has no sexual connotations.

By 'Sucking' he clearly means 'sucking up to' , ♥♥♥ kissing etc

Yes, that is what he probably meant, but I did want him to have the opportunity to be clear for himself. 

I did not realize that by attempting to be nice to someone to make a new friend was frowned upon, and even considered to be duplicitous by some–that is very disheartening. Unlike some people, if someone wants to believe something about me, when they have never once availed themselves of the opportunity to get to know me, it is not my problem.

Good luck.

#13 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

@MT perhaps an idea to make a seperate thread: responses to MT candidates and move the other stuff there including this one?

Most posts below the introduction of the candidate are distracting from the actual MT candidates and might even be seen negative by potential candidates that like to introduce themselves?

#14 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

If they want to be in MT they had better get used to negativity.
  • GaryLShelton likes this

#15 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Lol danis... thank goodness you aren't MT anymore. You like attacking people and espousing ridiculous conspiracy theories. 

Someone once told me a long time ago, that you thought I faked all of my evidence I presented in draw refusal and abusive behaviour claims. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 20 April 2018 - 02:19 PM.

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#16 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

You see how easy can a thread be derailed??? You have been doing this for months now to every part of the forum, but now it bothers you.
  • tobermoryx likes this

#17 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

If they want to be in MT they had better get used to negativity.

I don't know why you think that.

The community isn't that toxic, at least not compared to other forums I have visited.

A lot of the drama here has been very recent and I envision the atmosphere of the forum will be calmer now that Lonello has been demodded. 

• KissMyCookie likes this

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#18 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:34 PM

@danis: if you did not notice, the tone on the forum has changed a lot since the 1.4 announcement was made and finally justice is being done?

You have been doing this for months now to every part of the forum, but now it bothers you.

Did you see one single post in the Single player forum stating that bad moderator in question should go play there? No

Did you see any post relating to the ongoing situation in the Tournament forum? No

Did anyone  post about The Rijksmuseum, Dutch beaches, Yellow Cheese and demodding lonello in the Live World championship topic? Again no

You just seem a bit angry today, but do not let this distract you from making a fair assessment.

• Unladen Swallow likes this

#19 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

I did not realize that by attempting to be nice to someone to make a new friend was frowned upon, and even considered to be duplicitous by some–that is very disheartening.

What a great attempt to be nice by this very friendly (and unprovoked, at least to you) post! I am amazed of my really bad character! How could I be so cruel to attack someone who made such a friendly and loving post to me, using expressions such as " Your post is irresponsible in that is does not reflect the truth of the facts" , "by making such a blatantly misguided post" , "Just stop it..." , "all the MT, EXCEPT YOU, were participating in the discussion"...

Edited by danis_p_gr, 20 April 2018 - 11:32 PM.

#20 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

@danis: if you did not notice, the tone on the forum has changed a lot since the 1.4 announcement was made and finally justice is being done?

Did you see one single post in the Single player forum stating that bad moderator in question should go play there? No

Did you see any post relating to the ongoing situation in the Tournament forum? No

Did anyone  post about The Rijksmuseum, Dutch beaches, Yellow Cheese and demodding lonello in the Live World championship topic? Again no

You just seem a bit angry today, but do not let this distract you from making a fair assessment.

You are right in this, it seems like the tone changed.... In fact it seems like everything is going according to the plan! Great job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users