#1 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

It is the Forum Union's opinion that people who disconnect on purpose or are caught disconnecting frequently are to be punished. The Forum Union would like this to be adopted into the site rules and the Forum Union also would like this part of the (to be amended) policy to be enforced.

The Forum Union finds it unacceptable that disconnectors have been allowed to waste the time of good and fair players and issues the MT to finally take action against this unsporting behaviour and thus would like to request MT to adopt this.

Taking into account the speed of the current MT, the Forum Union would like this proposal to be handled with uttermost priority, right after the lonello poll.

The Forum Union

Unladen Swallow, Nortrom, KissMyCookie, Fks

• Unladen Swallow and Fks like this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#2 1.Disconnector

1.Disconnector

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

1.I don't disconnect every Time or every game i lose

2. I agree with the Terms of the Union

3. I never will Disconnect in the Future because i learned that this Behavoir is not acceptable and myself don't like this when my Oppenent do this.

One wish to "Fks" ,don't Comment this i don't like your State of mind...

• Nortrom, Morx, Sgt. Blkdog and 2 others like this

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:24 PM

1. Disconnector,

We, the Forum Union, are happy to see yet another happy user. The Forum Union is glad to hear you will no longer practice the unsporting act of disconnecting. Last but not least, the Forum Union wishes you a pleasant continuation of your Stratego career and hopes that no foul language or unsporting behaviour will come your way.

The Forum Union

Forum Union - Serviceable to all players / forum users. Your concerns are our  concerns and will be handled with highest priority.

• Wogomite, Unladen Swallow and 1.Disconnector like this

#4 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

I would like to report a draw refusal by Surprises against Jesus_saves which happened on 11.4.18 between 5-7 pm. For two hours we played a draw game. He hardly took any activity. I had one General left, he one general, one colonel and 2 majors. My flag was behind bombs which he not fully tested. I informed him about the rules, he thought I make a joke. Besides that he named me idiot and several other things....

I canĀ“t fully upload the full communication threat. as the files are to big.

Thank you for looking into this and giving him a penalty as well as counting this game as a draw.

john

The Forum Union of Fks, Unladen, Cyka and KMC will open a case.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We should have a verdict soon. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 11 April 2018 - 06:28 PM.

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#5 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

The Forum Union has decided, with a verdict of 4-0 (Fks, Unladen, Cyka, KMC) that Flaxes is guilty of abusive behaviour.

By decree of FU, Flaxes will be tied down in a chair, eyes propped open, to watch the entirety of "my little pony friendship is magic". This is one of the most cruel and severe penalties FU has ever applied. This'll be taken care of by our reputable Special House Interrogation Team.

Kind regards,

The Forum Union

Fks, Unladen, Cyka, KMC.

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 12 April 2018 - 09:57 PM.

• 1.Disconnector likes this

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#6 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:50 PM

Danis, to make the Forum Union members happy, I made a nice badge for them to promote their membership.

CsRyfob.png

• Unladen Swallow likes this

#7 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:57 PM

Yes, as a Forum Union Community King, I vote that VOTLOOK is guilty of draw refusal due to 20 minutes of no progress, The lack of a surrender screen (he gambled the last piece) does not mean anything to this case. There is ample evidence showing VOTLOOK has no intention of ever attacking or playing for the win.

That is two FU votes for a penalty (Unladen & Nortrom). We hope that our final Union members will be able to weigh in shortly with their thoughts and opinions

Thank you and good luck on the battlefield,

The Forum Union

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 12 April 2018 - 10:18 PM.

#8 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:55 PM

The Forum Union is some sort of Alternative MT that makes posts about cases and also produces comedy posts of variable quality.

Some of the posts appearing in the threads for reporting cases have caused confusion and so will be moved here.

#9 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:29 PM

I think you're slightly mistaken, Tober.

First of all, the MT is the one making comedy posts. Please tell me you guys are not being serious 99% of the time, I'd feel slightly worried if you guys actually were serious. Atleast the quality is always of the same level, I suppose the Forum Union has some ups and downs.

Something interesting to point out, the Forum Union has reached quite remarkable success with 1. Disconnector without even trying ;).

Also, please elaborate why my request / suggestion has been ignored : http://forum.strateg...ll-v2/?p=450395

I don't mind it not being carried out, but I didn't get a response to it, while trying to keep the thread clean and sticking to its original purpose.

I dare to say I feel you moved the posts out of personal interest / beef.

Edit: Why did you not move danis's post about the Forum Union too?

Edit2: Some of the posts appearing in the threads for reporting cases have caused confusion and so will be moved here.

Yes, forum users may, for a moment, have felt their concerns were taken care of. We wouldn't want that, do we?

#10 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

1.disconnector is more satisfied with the FU than he is with the MT.. :o

• Nortrom likes this

#11 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:08 PM

Tober, since you want to avoid confusion, why was the first post of this thread moved into it? the Forum Union made a request to MT. This clearly means there is a difference between MT and the Forum Union.

I also would like to mention the fact that apparently you did read the proposal, but instead, like always, ignored it. And then you wonder why people get tired of the MT and stop making constructive proposals.

• Morx likes this

#12 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

And KissMyCookie, my apologies, and from here on noted and actioned as such.

Another issue solved by the Forum Union.

CsRyfob.png

#13 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

Besides tober doing the usual ignore thing, I also would like to express my sincere dissatisfaction about the fact the proposal made here has not even been acknowledged. You guys (MT) suck.

This is my personal opinion. Despite being a Forum Union Community King, I do not speak on behalf of the Forum Union here. I'll think twice before making improvement suggestions again until MT has restored confidence.

#14 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

The Forum Union advises MT to verdict this player guilty. While it is hard to determine whether 15 sec / move was used, the chat speaks for itself.

The Forum Union

Unladen Swallow, Nortrom, KissMyCookie, Astros

Forum Union - Serviceable to all players / forum users. Your concerns are our concerns and will be handled with highest priority.

#15 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

Any action on this?

The Forum Union advises MT to verdict this player guilty. While it is hard to determine whether 15 sec / move was used, the chat speaks for itself.

The Forum Union

Forum Union - Serviceable to all players / forum users. Your concerns are our concerns and will be handled with highest priority.

Some of the posts appearing in the threads for reporting cases have caused confusion and so will be moved here.

As a means to avoid confusion, the Forum Union clearly stated it is not the MT. Just offering advice. This post shouldn't be seen as "confusing". It fulfills the requirement. No need to move it to the 'Forum Union' thread.

#16 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

The Forum Union advises MT to verdict guilty on the case presented by 'whocaresman'

The Forum Union

Forum Union - Serviceable to all players / forum users. Your concerns are our concerns and will be handled with highest priority (which automatically differentiates us from MT).

#17 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

It is the Forum Union's opinion that people who disconnect on purpose or are caught disconnecting frequently are to be punished. The Forum Union would like this to be adopted into the site rules and the Forum Union also would like this part of the (to be amended) policy to be enforced.

The Forum Union finds it unacceptable that disconnectors have been allowed to waste the time of good and fair players and issues the MT to finally take action against this unsporting behaviour and thus would like to request MT to adopt this.

Taking into account the speed of the current MT, the Forum Union would like this proposal to be handled with uttermost priority, right after the lonello poll.

The Forum Union

The MT is currently working on proposals for handling double chase and disconnect cases. We will inform the community as soon as we've found a replacement for Lonello.

• Wogomite likes this
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#18 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

Replacement? I thought there would be need for two replacements? Or is tobermoryx doing the same thing you did by resigning and then staying?

#19 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,580 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

Also, the Forum Union members will take this information back to their clique meeting and get back at you guys of what we feel about the speed (or lack of).

#20 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

About 2 days of tranquility after Lonello's demotion and here we go again... Get ready folks because this story is far from over. <_<

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users