Jesus_saves

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:46 AM

In chess game there is a rule of 3 times same setting on the board this is an automatic draw. Yesterday I had to play against an idiot (sorry for this expression) in a dead game situation (draw) without any chance to win for any party more than 10 hours just moving in circle. Could this rule not be easily applied as in chess, or to have a button force draw if the material on the board doesn ´t allow a win anymore. There are a few probabely most time child babyplayers who just move for hours the same moves. This is something which needs desperately a solution.

#2 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,900 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:09 AM

In chess game there is a rule of 3 times same setting on the board this is an automatic draw. Yesterday I had to play against an idiot (sorry for this expression) in a dead game situation (draw) without any chance to win for any party more than 10 hours just moving in circle.

10  hours? I believe this would be a new game length record, beating out NSquared v. ThreeMusketeers at roughly 9 hours.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#3 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:51 AM

It was more than 10 hours. I was not fully aware yet of the draw rules to enforce draws. The players even changed in between the time of the oppenent. Luckily there was championsleague and a goal was shot so the other guy was celebrating and lost finally on time, but I had also just a few seconds left over...

#4 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:10 AM

It was more than 10 hours. I was not fully aware yet of the draw rules to enforce draws. The players even changed in between the time of the oppenent. Luckily there was championsleague and a goal was shot so the other guy was celebrating and lost finally on time, but I had also just a few seconds left over...

Why would it ever be worth it to stay in a game for 10 hours ?
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#5 Jesus_saves

Jesus_saves

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:57 AM

I was pissed by these players which do not accept a tie, even though it is a dead game (like Daniel Riemer). And on this day I had the time. Again, I was not aware of the draw rules, but I found now out that they also don´t work that good. I requested another draw to be forced, nothing happened so far. 

#6 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,744 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:08 AM

I was pissed by these players which do not accept a tie, even though it is a dead game (like Daniel Riemer). And on this day I had the time. Again, I was not aware of the draw rules, but I found now out that they also don´t work that good. I requested another draw to be forced, nothing happened so far.

There is never a reason to have played a game that long. The draw rules on this site are manually enforced through screenshot proof presented to the MT in the draw refusal topic. Though they are manual and not automatic, they will allow one to escape from a knotted up game in ten minutes.

First, after making a draw request and getting refused, one must play for ten minutes more and, if nothing has changed, make another, second, draw request which is also refused.
For each refusal we need the refusal screen, so that is two screens. Finally, DO NOT forget the defeat details screen. That will be the third screen needed in our standard requirements for evidence in most draw cases.

This is the nutshell version. For a more thorough explanation of things, see the link at the bottom of any of my posts for the general site and forum rules, or just the draw rules specifically.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#7 lisa07

lisa07

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:28 PM

hallo gary würde gerne einen spieler auf die black liste setzen (terenc 65 ) weil er ein unfairer spieler ist .danke im voraus für die antwort l.g lisa07

#8 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:26 AM

Hi Lisa,

You can report players here: http://forum.strateg...usal-here-2018/ (please also read the instructions on how to present a case). Hopefully you won't run into people who don't accept an obvious draw again.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

#9 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,744 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:37 PM

Long overdue move to multiplayer for this topic.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users