Photo

Lonello Poll v2

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Lonello be demodded? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Lonello be demodded and replaced with a new moderator?

1. Yes (23 votes [74.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.19%

2. No (8 votes [25.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

Smu_qa is probably chewtoy.

I don't know who the other aliases are.

Even if we discount "suspicious" votes, there is still an overwhelming majority in support of this cause. 

• Nortrom and Fairway like this

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#42 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,129 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

Smu_qa is probably chewtoy.

I too am pretty certain smu_qa is chewtoy. Either way, without accounts in question, we still have 17-4 or 18-4, still.

• Nortrom likes this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#43 smu_qa

smu_qa

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

I too am pretty certain smu_qa is chewtoy. 

Uh, no.

#44 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,129 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

Uh, no.

Well, you act and talk a lot like him. Have you ever read his posts?

#45 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:40 PM

Fairway, you should ask astros...astros has got a great BS detector and a special setting for people named kevin.

#46 Losermaker

Losermaker

Captain

• Moderators
  • 917 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

Lonello, I don't mean to offend you as I sincerely believe you are a good guy and I know you have given a lot of your time to the forum and game but I feel I must say this as I think this matter is for the best - for both you and the community.

Why do you keep putting it back on the members accusing you? pointing out what Nortrom has done wrong, Karaiskakis posting pms, Morx warmongering and whatever else I have forgotten to mention. This is not the way to react, if someone accuses you, give your reasoning in a completely honest, clear, and short answer without pointing the finger back at the other member/s.

If you cannot give sufficient reasons why you have (not)done/said these things and are solely reliant on shifting the blame to someone else, then I believe it is time to do as you yourself put it "take the higher ground" and keep your honour as Napoleon did and take this like a man.

Sincerely,

Losermaker 

• Nortrom and Fks like this

#47 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,652 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

KMC, both U.S. and me also have nice bs detectors: http://forum.strateg...nking/?p=450595 ;)

@ Losermaker: You forgot one thing, each accusation lonello has made (against me, at least) is based on imaginary things that only exist in his own little bubble. After being disproven like 10 times he's just completely stopped handling the issues at hand and just keeps repeating his lies over and over again.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#48 smu_qa

smu_qa

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

Fairway, I think you are confused. You first made that accusation after I made a poor copy/paste while reporting a draw refusal case. However, your "evidence" was a statement in my copy/paste that was actually made by Gary. Because of the poor copy/paste, it may have looked like I wrote the statement but Gary explained the situation here

I see now that Chewtoy happened to use the same avatar as I do, but otherwise, I see no similiarities between the few posts I read of his and mine.

Well, you act and talk a lot like him. Have you ever read his posts?

#49 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

I agree with Losermaker that you are a good guy Lonello and from my eyes you have done truly a lot for Stratego and the community as a whole as well for the Nasf. We are in your debt. Whist all this crap keeps filling the forums though I fear it will hurt the community much more then it already has. I speak from My experience which I am sure most people will agree with is that I come to the forums to enjoy whatever free time I have to spare on talking over Stratego and playing in tournaments with out the cause of drama or the bs fighting that is going on. I really dislike the way Morx, Nortrom and Karasakis have pursued this route to de mod you with the constant spam of the forums but it keeps happening and doesn't seem like it is going to stop. Which is why I believe you should look in to what Napoleon said and agree to it. My longing is for a peaceful forum with no quarrels where just peace and enjoyment exist to grow the activity and population of the Stratego Community. It is worth it to replace you for this reason. I Harbor no Ill thoughts against you and I hope you don't take anything I say against you as I only have the Community in mind when I say this things. Your friend - Angel.

Whilst looking through the forum for valid Dutch mods there aren't many who actually fit the bill but the one that makes the most sense is Maxroelofs.
  • Don_Homer, Losermaker, Napoleon 1er and 1 other like this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#50 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,129 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:12 PM

Fairway, I think you are confused. You first made that accusation after I made a poor copy/paste while reporting a draw refusal case. However, your "evidence" was a statement in my copy/paste that was actually made by Gary. Because of the poor copy/paste, it may have looked like I wrote the statement but Gary explained the situation here

I see now that Chewtoy happened to use the same avatar as I do, but otherwise, I see no similiarities between the few posts I read of his and mine.

I see what you mean, thank you for clarifying.

Could I ask you, however, what impelled you to dig through the archives in the first place in order to find this?

#51 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

Thank you for the explanation. As you have a highly respectable record of game-play, may we ask...what is your previous account name before your current, "smu–qa"?

Thank you!  :)

#52 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:45 PM

I agree with Losermaker that you are a good guy Lonello and from my eyes you have done truly a lot for Stratego and the community as a whole as well for the Nasf. We are in your debt. Whist all this crap keeps filling the forums though I fear it will hurt the community much more then it already has. I speak from My experience which I am sure most people will agree with is that I come to the forums to enjoy whatever free time I have to spare on talking over Stratego and playing in tournaments with out the cause of drama or the bs fighting that is going on. I really dislike the way Morx, Nortrom and Karasakis have pursued this route to de mod you with the constant spam of the forums but it keeps happening and doesn't seem like it is going to stop. Which is why I believe you should look in to what Napoleon said and agree to it. My longing is for a peaceful forum with no quarrels where just peace and enjoyment exist to grow the activity and population of the Stratego Community. It is worth it to replace you for this reason. I Harbor no Ill thoughts against you and I hope you don't take anything I say against you as I only have the Community in mind when I say this things. Your friend - Angel.
Whilst looking through the forum for valid Dutch mods there aren't many who actually fit the bill but the one that makes the most sense is Maxroelofs.

This is a very good post. Yes it is definitely better for both community and Lo to have another dutch mod. Maxroelofs or master mind are probably 2 good candidates.
But definitely Lo has to be recognized for what he did and all efforts and time dedicated for the good of this forum. Lo i hope you can listen to the good voices of fks, Losermaker, The Prof, maxroelofs and all other similar ... these are wise recommendations. You will for sure feel much better afterwards.
  • KissMyCookie, Unladen Swallow and Fks like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#53 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:57 PM

You will for sure feel much better afterwards.

Thank you for this, Napoleon 1er. No one here cares about anything you did that may have had even the slightest controversy related to it...you showed courage, commitment to this forum, and a sense of exemplary character when you chose to retire. All that any of us remember now is how much you gave to our forum, and that you are a beloved member of this community. We love your videos and we will always appreciate your service.

It is clear to all of us...you put the forum first and you did not let personal feelings get in the way of your honorable path. You are not missed because you are here with us NOW!

Cheers to you, Napoleon 1er...you are one of the great ones here!

KMC

• Losermaker likes this

#54 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:38 PM

I haven't bothered to read all the nonsense. 

Nor could i tell you who on the MT team does a good or bad job.  I couldn't care less about draw refusal cases and I don't pay much attention to who has gotten suspended for what reason.

I don't know Lonello, nor anyone else at this site.

I DO consider myself to know and understand what is acceptable public behavior from adults.  

There is no way that the nonsense that has been constantly put forth represents anything that 95 or 98 or 99.9% of the adult population wants to be part of.  As a result this site is quickly devolving into a small group of only the "true" devotees of stratego.  Folks such as myself with families, businesses, commitments, and other interests simply aren't going to waste time in such an environment.

So the real question (to me) is - should the behavior exhibited by a few here at the site be rewarded?

And my answer is no.

If you don't like what a member of the MT is doing, contact the site owners and let them know why you'd like him/her removed.

Since this is a family site - Small and petty are the only words I'll use to describe what has transpired.

• Don_Homer, Lonello and DarthRemark like this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#55 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

So perhaps the folks that keep filling the forums with crap should be kicked off the site?

Basically, once you force out another moderator, you've just ensured that mob rule is now the defacto environment here at this site.

• Lonello and DarthRemark like this

​Spartan Warriors

#56 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:43 PM

This is a very good post. Yes it is definitely better for both community and Lo to have another dutch mod. Maxroelofs or master mind are probably 2 good candidates.
But definitely Lo has to be recognized for what he did and all efforts and time dedicated for the good of this forum. Lo i hope you can listen to the good voices of fks, Losermaker, The Prof, maxroelofs and all other similar ... these are wise recommendations. You will for sure feel much better afterwards.

Napoleon, I would disagree with your conclusion that it is better for the community that mob rule is rewarded.  Perhaps the community here at Stratego would be better off without the four or five individuals that have perpetuated the nonsense?  

• Lonello and DarthRemark like this

​Spartan Warriors

#57 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

@scottrussia: impressive, 3 posts in a row and you suggest that the people that have been exposing the bad apple get punished instead?

You know it takes courage right to stand up against one that has a reputation of being malicious when confronted with bad feedback? More so if this one can screw you over by taking your forum rights, giving warning points or spreading libels and lies about you or all of those and more?

It is a pity you did not read any of the posts to make your judgement, but that is your good right. I call it being uninformed and it does not add credit to the quality of your vote.

I have been fairly civil, just consistent and persistent so far in this ongoing conflict and pointing out exactly where others were wrong. If I was attacked by people that thought that my reasoning was wrong or my arguments unclear I just gave them feedback and most changed their mind based on that. If you read any of the material you can see what the opposing party did and why I think he should be demodded as soon as possible.

There is a voting process in progress, you cannot call that a mob (well you can, but you insult all the Yes voters).

#58 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:19 PM

@scottrussia–You are speaking about something in which you admit ignorance of the facts...that is very foolish indeed. This is not about mob rule.

I understand that you serve in the United States armed forces–if true, thank you for your service...my father was an officer in the Air Force...he was a Major.

You may dislike what you perceive on the surface, and perhaps researching all that has happened is too much of an investment of time, but you really have no right to make such a comment without doing due diligence, and that means learning about the facts. 

In short, your comment goes against practically every tournament head in this community (American, Dutch, Greek, Youth, and World), and yet you suppose to voice an opinion based upon no knowledge of the facts??? I am very surprised at your behavior, especially since you are such a formidable and highly rated player.

Please...I implore you, learn about the facts before making such commentary.

Thank you.

Edited by KissMyCookie, 01 April 2018 - 11:22 PM.

#59 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

Well Morx,

Unlike some here I'm a grown man.  And if your definition of courage involves anything that happens on the forums of stratego.com then I'd say you've lived a sheltered life.

Forum rights, draw refusal ELO points, warning points (Wow!), stratego libel?.  Yes a long list of life's serious aggressions.

Its not a pity that I haven't spent countless hours of my life reading nonsense.  

There is a voting process that many view as hoping to end the nonsense.  And by allowing the current environment that has been created to achieve the ends that you and a few others want, yes mob rule is an appropriate name for the action.

If you have legitimate reasons for wanting a MT member replaced, contact the owner's of the site.  

Regards,

Scott

• Lonello likes this

​Spartan Warriors

#60 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:25 PM

@scottrussia: if you had just read any of the feedback: we did contact the site ownership and the very person the voting involves, rigged the fair trial process.

This is one of the grievances and should by itself be reason for dismissal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users