Photo

Lonello Poll v2

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Lonello be demodded? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Lonello be demodded and replaced with a new moderator?

1. Yes (23 votes [74.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.19%

2. No (8 votes [25.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

As part of the MT survey, the MT suggest a policy allowing the community to open a poll to decide whether a MT member is suitable for the position. 

Lonello has been the source of criticism for most. While he is a nice person, many feel he is not professional enough for the job. He does not conduct himself seriously. His often exaggerated posts and arguments can be dangerously misunderstood, leaving false impressions upon the userbase.

So why should Lonello be demodded? A more fair, and professional representative of the MT would mean a better community. There would be less fighting, Darth would be pleased to hear, and much less 'StrategoDale' related drama. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Survey Results - MJ

Spoiler

Allegations of unsporting game conduct

Spoiler

Double Standards

Spoiler

Lies, Libel, or Misleading Statements

Spoiler

• GaryLShelton and Nortrom like this
I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world.

#2 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:59 PM

Spoiler

• Unladen Swallow likes this

#3 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:04 PM

10 people already voted for his demotion which is more than the 5 necessary to start a procedure. I think MT shall address the issue.

Edited by Napoleon 1er, 28 March 2018 - 10:11 PM.

• Morx and Unladen Swallow like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#4 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

It's now been a full year since me and Fairway petitioned on your behalf, which makes it sunset provision and we can try for your permanent stay now. We did do the extra mile for you and I think we have been relatively successfull helping you stay in the community, haven't we?

The warmongering PB-clique ofcourse did nothing for you and totally abandoned you then which was sadly appolling. You felt left behind but we stood by you and cheered you up as we did not like all that negativity on your person. Give or take a couple of harassment cases and personal attacks MT had to rule on this last year, you had good contributions to the forum further which makes both Fairway and me I'm sure very proud on what we did for you.

People said you're now petitioning on my behalf on the forum but I'm just much too humble to read all the compliments so I'll pass on that one. I don't need the encouragement to keep fighting the unjustice and bullying witch hunts this forum could so well do without... it's already in every bone of my body. And so it is in MT's... we'll keep the good job going. So cheers!

PS
Just send my box of chocolats to Fairway as one extra, since I'm on a diet, OK?

Lo

#5 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:01 PM

Another I put my head on the block for you style reply from Lonello, I expected almost nothing else. Oh and another reference to his fantasy clique of course.

#6 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 930 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

It's now been a full year since me and Fairway petitioned on your behalf, which makes it sunset provision and we can try for your permanent stay now. We did do the extra mile for you and I think we have been relatively successfull helping you stay in the community, haven't we?

The warmongering PB-clique ofcourse did nothing for you and totally abandoned you then which was sadly appolling. You felt left behind but we stood by you and cheered you up as we did not like all that negativity on your person. Give or take a couple of harassment cases and personal attacks MT had to rule on this last year, you had good contributions to the forum further which makes both Fairway and me I'm sure very proud on what we did for you.

People said you're now petitioning on my behalf on the forum but I'm just much too humble to read all the compliments so I'll pass on that one. I don't need the encouragement to keep fighting the unjustice and bullying witch hunts this forum could so well do without... it's already in every bone of my body. And so it is in MT's... we'll keep the good job going. So cheers!

PS
Just send my box of chocolats to Fairway as one extra, since I'm on a diet, OK?

If anyone wants an example of blatant favoritism here you go. I also like the veiled threat of a renewed ban for starting this poll, classly.

By the way Lonello, since you are out to fight "injustice", when are you going to ask the MT to escalate Walhall's ban as I have suggested numerous times?

Edited by malcom.jansen, 28 March 2018 - 11:18 PM.

• Losermaker likes this
Cheesecake

#7 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:25 AM

For sure, I stand by my decision for the Sevenseas/Gywnplaine "Petition" , if you will. I still think that PBs were not necessary. Too bad it wasn't successful, as far as I remember, admin never replied.

Do I think Lonello should be removed? Maybe, leaning no

Do I think that he needs to improve as a member of MT? Certainly

The facts Josh presents in the opening post are very hard to deny/refute. The one that really gets me is the PM posting double standard one- so blatant. 

I think that Lonello should be given a time period to improve his actions/apologize/etc. and if he shows that he has improved and not done, say, any more "bad things" like those found above, and the community votes he has improved, he should stay. The removal of a moderator is a very serious thing and it should not be very easy to do. For one I think a 2/3 majority vote must be cast, not just 50% +1. 

But, Lonello doesn't seem to recognize he has done anything wrong. So even if we do the above, he may still be outed. I'm not sure.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#8 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,509 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

By the way Lonello, since you are out to fight "injustice", when are you going to ask the MT to escalate Walhall's ban as I have suggested numerous times?

On this matter if you find the evidence against 7up/Walhall/etc. on the gameside, then you will likely get your gameside ban. Forum comments will only result in a forum ban and they will not affect game playing status ever.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#9 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:48 AM

The injustice lonello fights is just when it suits him.Or better when he is personally involved. MarshallhitBomb was disabled few hours after attacking lonello for corruption or lies. I will look up the details later.

As soon as people give him negative feedback or attack him he tries to find dirt or other reasons why they should shut up.KARAISKAKIS still has a warning point and few others here can confirm this too.

#10 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

Fairway (and others),

Imperium had his account disabled after asking for lonello's removal.

N1WazSu.png

Take a look at this wonderful reply. Fairway, do note that if you were to vote in favor of lonello's removal from MT, you most likely would receive a "The clique" sticker from him. Luckily this sticker isn't quite unique anymore.

Also extra credit to libello for trying to discredit imperium's concerns / wishes by taking into account his political / historical beliefs (regardless of what you may think of those)

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#11 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

the 5 necessary to start a procedure. I think MT shall address the issue.

Since you just PM'd us about it, I'll address your point again in the open here... I said a week or so earlier: there is no such procedurial rule. MT is surveying the needs of the community and you would ask Admin to mail around... still waiting on that.

Now I had also said that when we're going to examine the survey results in the end, to have elections up for vote; if the 'professional wannabees' want to take over then let's have an actual election... would they last the years the MT is in? They wouldn't last 1% of it as it zero pay but very timeconsuming work. Best to leave to the NON-professionals which is what we are, I'd say, but that would then be up for the community.

Anyway, Napoleon, it was a good thought process you started in 2017, ending up to be the survey this month. You started it with seeking for a popularitytest. I then joined in and it were mostly you and me discussing it last year. There was a big difference however. Your line of thinking was it would be good to be popular. Mine the complete opposite.

I explained you this as we wouldn't be doing our job well aiming on popularity. If you do it well you do not serve the one end nor the other but you remain impartial in the middle which will give no side what it wants. And the hotheads demand the most extreme things, either side will get mad at us if we do it right... and ofcourse both sides would want to purge the 5 of us too then, and would find a frustrated goal in just that. So I said MT is not there to make friends, but to be the neutral party, we are there for the 95% and have it all open for the community to witness, no hidden agenda's or dirty campaigning in bilaterals, but be fair and transparant.

In today's era with me being the 4th victim of the PB-clique it can not give me more honor or pride to get their low ratings. They jump immediately on every chance to personally attack, are every day obsessively F5'ing to again start new warmongering on some petty subject no normal member is interested in. Regulars started unsubscribing from the forum over a month ago already and have turned away from all this whole warmongering (as have I personally, as all they want is to provoke), and we're not filling these surveys in ourselves, nor do we animate anyone to do so as we're just doing our impartial job here.

So ofcourse the low numbers give distorted results then and the farther the jump is from me, the farther I am away from their warmongering. They pleadged to purge all of MT (all on record), and they have their alterior motives (all on record) and devious bilaterals (all on record) and I want no part of that attitude so the distance serves me very right.

So yes, if there was surveying when you were the target (you were the 3rd) and got low ratings, I would have said to take it with pride. For an impartial Mod there really can be no greater honor. And now for me personally it is the 'worst' time to have any kind of popularity test as with the dirty campaigning we see all around for sure there will be an extra influence. I was also animated by others to expose the PB-clique and have no mysteries, and so I did. This was about 1 post against 100+ of the PB-clique... I agreed you can not ignore for the full 100%.

I got several applauses for being so brave in speaking up and exposing the PB-clique but we've also heard from several sides regular members still couldn't grasp the big picture... what was truly going on. They gave poor ratings for it but said ofcourse not willing to 'purge' for it, but said to fully recognize we're just simple volunteers here, working so hard for this site and are reckognized by Admin. And that's exactly it. So dirty campaigning with the most stupid innuendo lies and with zero sincerity in it still works, especially when never spoken back, but only up to a point.

Lo

#12 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:49 AM

I'm certainly not warmongering as Lo claims. I don't dislike him. I just think is unsuitable for the moderator position. The MT needs someone who is mature, professional, able to work in a team, has the time to vote in cases and PM topics, and is not afraid to admit mistakes.

Fairway, he has shown no intention of ever apologising for the things he had done wrong. That is the main thing that irks me.
  • Nortrom likes this
I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world.

#13 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:51 AM

Wasn't imperium banned for being an alias of a PB'd account ? I was under that impression.

Regarding the topic , i am still unsure what to vote. As Fairway said , removing a moderator is a very serious matter.

Lo, I know most of the issues raised here was after immense pressure by Nortrom/Morx, with their motives not easily understood by new players (like me) or non-European ones .

However , I think your behaviour has not really been exemplary and ypu should definitely improve your reactions.

There are 3 options:

1) Do nothing about it: In this case you ignore a portion of the community (how big it is is debatable, but it is a considerable portion) which I do not recommend
2) Resign from MT: This one is self explanatory. However it is not so simple, as a suitable replacement must be found. If I understand correctly also he must be Dutch. Right now I can not think of someone who would be suitable to replace Lo. I would vote for Master Mind , but i do not know if he wants, if he he has the time and he is also a TC member .
3) Remain on MT, send all the "cases" to admin to decide about the situation and promise that if you are found guilty of non exemplary behaviour again , you will step down (In the meantime prepare a new Mt member).

I do not know the situation with the Dutch clubs however so maybe I am not the most relevant ones to voice his opinion.

I'd like to hear from Dutch players, however most of them hide their account/don't care it seems.
Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)

#14 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

Roeczak, Imperium and MarshallHitBomb are aliases of 7up. In fact I've known about the latter for sometime. He has, presumably, hundreds of dormant accounts ready to be ressurected.

Tobe said somewhere the admins don't have time to look over these cases. The community should decide.

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 29 March 2018 - 09:57 AM.

• Nortrom likes this

#15 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:02 AM

Ah, Libello is spreading his little conspiracy theories again, how sad.

Imperium, MHB, 7up, Walhal, you name it, indeed has been banned from the forum(as far as I know). I find it interesting that Imperium only (retroactively) received his ban after he questioned libello. Also very low to discredit him based on his views on the world.

#16 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:03 AM

Roeczak, libello considers himself independent. According to this logic, it wouldn't be necessary to install a new Dutch mod as replacement for libello.

#17 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Josh.
Anyway the point of my post remains , dutch players.

Tim? Anjo? Hielco?
Edit: Saw Nortrom's post. If no dutch member is required i vote for Fairway.
Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)

#18 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

MM or Yellowhat would be fine Dutch candidates.

#19 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

Fairway is too young in my opinion.

If maxroelofs has the time, he would be a good fit. I also recommend yellowhat. He is young but responsible enough for the role.

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 29 March 2018 - 10:27 AM.

• maxroelofs likes this

#20 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,809 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:23 AM

Can one of the most move the 'replacement' posts into a separate topic?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users