#41 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 768 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:39 PM

I do like the sound of the HIPPO rating though.

https://imgur.com/a/lmMgN

I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#42 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,174 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

>so when playa1 forfeited from his rehab game he did in fact got more ranking points than he would have had if he would have played and lost that game ... right?

That's not completely correct. By forfeiting his rehab game playa1 did not gain nor lose any ranking points, but if playa1 would have played and lost that game his rating would indeed drop.

>furthermore if a player finishes 1st in wco with 2 games lost, 1st in winter with 1 game lost and 1st in pro ladder with 0 game lost he would be ranked less than a player who did not play neither wco nor winter tournament but would finish 5th in pro ladder with 1 game lost, right?

You can not tell only from tournament results how someone's rating will change. It's not only the result that matters, there are 4 other factors influencing someone's rating: your own Rating Deviation, your own Rating, your opponent's Rating Deviation and your opponent's Rating.

#43 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,174 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

And in case you didn't know MasterMind.....................

SPARTAN WARRIORS ARE ON THE MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could I ever miss this, being posted in nearly all of your posts? ;)

It always surprises me how long your march takes, your warriors already marched around earth 4 times I think...

#44 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:57 PM

>so when playa1 forfeited from his rehab game he did in fact got more ranking points than he would have had if he would have played and lost that game ... right?

That's not completely correct. By forfeiting his rehab game playa1 did not gain nor lose any ranking points, but if playa1 would have played and lost that game his rating would indeed drop.

>furthermore if a player finishes 1st in wco with 2 games lost, 1st in winter with 1 game lost and 1st in pro ladder with 0 game lost he would be ranked less than a player who did not play neither wco nor winter tournament but would finish 5th in pro ladder with 1 game lost, right?

You can not tell only from tournament results how someone's rating will change. It's not only the result that matters, there are 4 other factors influencing someone's rating: your own Rating Deviation, your own Rating, your opponent's Rating Deviation and your opponent's Rating.

... yeah but this is all theory .... frankly if somebody finishes 1st in 3 tournaments he shall de facto be on top of the overall ranking list after those 3 tournaments. No other player shall be better ranked than him otherwise the ranking system will look a really strange one...  if you win 10 $ on day 1, 20 $ on day 2 and 30 $ on day 3 and on these 3 days you have always been the person of a community winning most money daily then at the end of the 3 days you are de facto the richest with 60 $ ....

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#45 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 868 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:09 PM

My Athenian Immortals are ready for your Spartan Warriors, Scott. Be afraid... B)

Someone said that many many moons ago and was slammed by Spartan Warriors twice. 

• scottrussia likes this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#46 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

Someone said that many many moons ago and was slammed by Spartan Warriors twice.

Maybe another Athenian, but only my warriors are immortal!

THE IMMORTAL ATHENIANS ARE ON THE MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fks likes this

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#47 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,174 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:28 PM

Updated: Rating Period 2 (Champions League 2018, PRO Perfect 2018)

Date: 17-7-2018

Alternative Stratego Rankings:

fVn4dWq.png

Link Ranking Table: https://imgur.com/fVn4dWq

Link Spreadsheet Rating Period 2: https://www.dropbox.... 2018.xlsx?dl=0

Link Spreadsheet Ranking Table: https://www.dropbox.... 2018.xlsx?dl=0

• TheOptician and Major Nelson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users