#61 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 655 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

The international pre invite is currently being distributed to the players. If you did not get it yet, or you are not part of the mail lists, the English pre-invite can be found here.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask in this thread.

#62 berre

berre

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 5 days ago

Hi,

I will join the WC in Naarden.

Berre
  • Fks likes this

#63 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,671 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 days ago

English invitation

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#64 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 791 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 2 days ago

Hi all, is there a participants list?
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#65 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,671 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 days ago

2nd post of this thread

#66 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 791 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 2 days ago

I just hoped there would be more than 13 :)
  • Don_Homer likes this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#67 Wogomite

Wogomite

Sergeant

• NASF Committee
  • 362 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 2 days ago

Most assuredly there are many more than thirteen players participating already. Kees da vas and George Francka certainly being two of them. I saw a list last year by Greg that included the non online players. Maybe the organizers can make such a list.

#68 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 791 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 2 days ago

Yeah, that's what I am aiming for. IMO there should be such a list in every WC. Major chess tournaments e.g. this one in Greece  have a player list about 1 month before they begin.
BTW, I wish one day player lists for the WC were like that. 

• TemplateRex likes this

#69 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 2 days ago

Yeah, that's what I am aiming for. IMO there should be such a list in every WC. Major chess tournaments e.g. this one in Greece  have a player list about 1 month before they begin.
BTW, I wish one day player lists for the WC were like that. 

Re chess: why does Stratego not have a system of Grandmaster / master titles? Wouldn't it be an idea to introduce this in Stratego? Say starting retroactively with all former live world champions (going back to 1996 or so), and all WC medallists of the last 10 years or so. Same for the Dutch/Greek/other? national championships, but then just an IM title for all former champions (going back to 1996?), and all medallists for the last 10 years, perhaps with a rating minimum as well.

And for new tourneys, have a few rating categories and target percentages to obtain master/grandmaster norms. FIDE has some other conditions such as a at least 7 or 9 rounds depending on type of tournament, minimum tournament performance rating and at least 1/3 of opponents must be GMs/IMs to get a GM/IM norm, etc. Three norms = title.

In Dutch live NCs, the top 25 get a small pin (with a Stratego figure head), I guess this could count as a candidate master norm. In chess, the equivalent is around 2200 rating, so many strong amateurs can obtain this norm.

Edited by TemplateRex, 2 days ago.

• Don_Homer and rgillis783 like this

#70 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 791 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 2 days ago

Great idea, I've thought about it as well

#71 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,671 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A day ago

To the why question: I suppose no one has bothered with this topic yet.

Not sure if all national champions would deserve the same title. On average, NL / GR / DE national championships are much tougher than others

You could always propose a system I guess.

#72 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,447 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A day ago

To the why question: I suppose no one has bothered with this topic yet.

Not sure if all national champions would deserve the same title. On average, NL / GR / DE national championships are much tougher than others

You could always propose a system I guess.

... Swiss as well ...
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#73 gpet0

gpet0

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A day ago

Hello stratego friends,i will join this WC as well riding to the Nederlands in August..with my bike of course as usual!

Edited by gpet0, A day ago.

• Luckypapa, Don_Homer, Nortrom and 5 others like this

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users