Photo

WCO Game round 8 aris / karaiskakis

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: WCO Game round 8 aris / karaiskakis (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you feel that WCO team here is asking to NOT interfere by removing PM related posts?

1. Yes (6 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,748 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

During round 8 of the WCO 2017/18, a game between Aris1970 and KARAISKAKIS remained unplayed. The communication between the WCO Team and the players can be found at: (several screenshots and the entire PM documented) Aris1970 found his way to the forum and started to post things from the PM, which is against the forum policy.

Back then I was still living under the illusion that MT would take measures against breach of forum policies, so I asked MT, for the sake of transparency, not to remove Aris1970's posts. The screenshot from this request can be seen here:
Mznw2iQ.png
The request to MT is that they take a look at the thread, so they know what it is about, notice that PM's are being shared, and that it is my (WCO team) request that MT does not take action against Aris1970 for doing so. This request says nothing about whether members of MT may or may not voice an opinion on the actual topic. The request is that they do not take action as MT against the breach of a standing forum policy.

GJyZMyM.png
O4U1sOz.png
One of MT's members however seems to be of opinion that the WCO Team (represented by Morx and myself here) tried to "couff" (which I guess meant 'cuff', tried to silence the members of MT on this topic).

I'd like to know from each individual MT member at that time (I believe it was  Tober, Gary, Danis, Napoleon) "Do you feel that WCO team here is asking to NOT interfere by removing PM related posts?"

A simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice. If you wish to explain your thoughts, feel free to do so, but make sure there is a definite yes / no answer.

GaryLShelton: Yes
Danis_p_gr: Awaiting message
Tobermoryx: Yes
Napoleon 1er: Yes

Of course there also is a poll for all forum members to take part in regarding the same question.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

eOMDNAj.png

#2 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:46 PM

I confirm this is what MT understood from your message that as WCO management team was responsible for managing the posts made in the WCO topic and as WCO management team agreed to keep those posts public then MT had simply to not take any action and not interfere in that issue. Forum rules forbid effectively to post pms in public except if both parties agree to do so. This was the case here as Aris posted it (so he agreed to make it public) and you confirmed you wanted to keep it public as well, so no forum rules were violated in this case.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,748 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

Thanks. Still waiting for danis / gary / tober.

eOMDNAj.png

#4 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

I understood the situation to be that you did not want anything on the thread to be hidden.

Not that we were suggesting anything should be hidden .

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,412 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:11 AM

Yes, it was a pretty straightforward request. But the MT would not step into your venue unless requested by you generally anyway. That is why we assigned it to you in the first place.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#6 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,748 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Thanks, for a brief moment due to some weird message recently communicated by one of MT's representatives, I feared that the meaning of the request might have been interpreted incorrectly by the entire MT. It seems only one MT representative had trouble understanding it.

I'm happy to see this situation is cleared up. I wonder if the MT representative in question who expressed having difficulties understanding the request would be willing to admit his mistake :rolleyes:.

eOMDNAj.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users