#21 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

To be honest I suspected it, but I was really surprised by the fact that malcom made a public announcement about it. I wonder how I should call him now, I guess I'll stick with malcom since astros has been deleted anyway.

You certainly predicted that one, MN. Hats off. I'm glad I didn't wager anything against you. :) With the lack of short biting comments from malcom.jansen I definitely thought they were two different persons. The small letters in both usernames and malcom leaving threads were clues but I still didn't see it.

Actually, do you think maybe it's only 60% of the time they are 100% the same?
:D

(Ahem! :D)

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#22 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:44 AM

Hey, malcom.jansen, do you remember the former name of a former buddy of yours on the site? I hung out with you and him a couple of times in the green button chat world back in the day. Then later you weren't friends with him. What was that friend's former name?

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#23 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 910 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:59 AM

bmende

I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#24 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,258 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:38 AM

Yep, it's astros.

i77rs4m.jpg

#25 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

Wow, so you never did make Argentina. Sorry to hear that. Max did go to Africa, Ghana, so lots of people your age do this in fact. This is why I had in my mind you were doing good volunteering work there indeed. Later you were spotted by people as astros at ALTERNATIVE PLAYING OPTIONS so I found it odd that you had not returned here too, which was a major alarmbell.

I guess this is the end of your religion asstroanity then. Can't really make a religion out of malcom.jansen. Always said that was an odd name with one L seemingly missing, and then the number 1 Dutch last name. Hope in any case that Toby is allright (or does he not exist :huh: :rolleyes:).

Unsure what to make of the new NASF as we have some mixed messages. Admin was just here and completed all AR's so it will be a while before they come next again, but if people need to be promoted/demoted let MT know. We will first now check with Wogomite and TheProf (who is back in town).

Lo

#26 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

Well, call me stupid but I did not suspect this. Maybe because I did not like to play Astros, he had an attitude and did not like my style of play so he started lottoing one day just to get rid of me. You play differently as malcom, you are friendly now and have more patience. So, I think all in all an improvement.  :D

• GaryLShelton and Losermaker like this

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#27 ScottLafaro

ScottLafaro

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:26 AM

Great you are back astros!!!

thus spoke zarathustra

#28 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

yeah!!! ... now I can give you back your Swiss flag!!!

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#29 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:19 PM

LOL! Astros you got two sides dude! Mr Malcom plays different

Yes , the weird 'I'm not Astros' shuffling style he used against players familiar with Astros   :lol:  That was then abandoned when he feels confident he has persuaded you.

#30 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,331 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

@US Actually I think the Yangus comment was to the point and in the right thread.

He was asking an integrity question to an organizer regarding recent punishment received.

I could not immediately see where else that question should go and was surprised it was just removed, instead of being processed as valid feedback.

I guess your inclusion of 'recent' anticipates the question of what you would have done if someone posted in the WCO threads to say Nortrom was an inappropriate person to be organizing tournaments because he had been given a warning point for calling someone a clown.

Would you have 

• left the post there without replying
  • debated the issue
  • hidden the post

#31 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 910 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:31 PM

Yes , the weird 'I'm not Astros' shuffling style he used against players familiar with Astros   :lol:  That was then abandoned when he feels confident he has persuaded you.

I actually did not change my playstyle based on whether I thought people knew. I actually assumed you had figured out who I was awhile ago.
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#32 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,141 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:07 PM

What?? This is impossible! Malcolm did not lotto with his general during our tournament game and even criticized‚Äč me for "playing so aggressive I couldn't catch a break" !!! 

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#33 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,147 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

Malcom Jansen was an exceptional player who learned the game really fast and moved to platinum really quickly. This is more proof that explains is that Stratego can't be mastered that quickly. :)

• tobermoryx, Moghedien and Unladen Swallow like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#34 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,028 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

Thats an interesting topic you make there Max (how are you doing btw?)

I think despy had one of the most fast learning curves , with Major Nelson coming close (he learned a lot from just talking with me and Henry)

Recently i always catch myself making interesting but irrelevant off topic posts :)
  • maxroelofs likes this
Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)

#35 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

despy is legitimate. was a nice guy, too. he rose so fast then just suddenly left the game. 

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#36 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:53 PM

I guess your inclusion of 'recent' anticipates the question of what you would have done if someone posted in the WCO threads to say Nortrom was an inappropriate person to be organizing tournaments because he had been given a warning point for calling someone a clown.

Would you have 

• left the post there without replying
  • debated the issue
  • hidden the post

I think using a negative description how someone is acting "this guy is a clown" is something completely different than being involved in an (series of) cheating case(s) with the intent of winning games in a tournament.

For me it starts here. with the ISF Game and Tournament rules:  "1.2 The Objective of the ISF Tournament Regulations is to guarantee fairness and sportsmanship for all participants"

If the integrity of a player/judge/organizer is questioned, it is much worse for me than other offenses. For instance most players in live would consider playing with marked pieces is a deadly sin, where throwing the pieces in the box after a bad loss is also not allowed, but there would be more understanding for it, depending on how the game progressed.

If someone said that Nortroms warning point makes him no good judge, I would reply to this in the thread and keep the comment standing so everyone can see the reply. I think the WCO has 2 very good judges in KARAISKAKIS and Nortrom. The one handed out the warning point to the other long time ago and it is a long running joke between the two of them.

Spoiler

#37 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,141 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:02 AM

Ok, if you get these we'll know it's astros.

1) When did you graduate from college?

2) What was your major in college?

3) How old are you?

4) What was the disgusting thing that you advised people should eat/discussed eating it  on your status update? And you and I had a discussion about it there?

#38 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:06 AM

Ok, if you get these we'll know it's astros.

1) When did you graduate from college?

2) What was your major in college?

3) How old are you?

4) What was the disgusting thing that you advised people should eat/discussed eating it  on your status update? And you and I had a discussion about it there?

Why not send this to astros via pm :)

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#39 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,141 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:15 AM

Why not send this to astros via pm :)

I could :) but I would prefer to make the questions public. If he doesn't want to reveal that information to everyone he can pm me the answers.

#40 General Rascal

General Rascal

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:50 AM

Welcome back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic