astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 915 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:53 AM

To whom it may concern,

There has been speculation that I am a former player. This speculation is correct, I used to play as astros. I deleted my old account and started a new one for personal reasons. I did not violate any site or tournament rules in doing so. I only used the two accounts disclosed in the alias register. I feel that I was justified in my actions, but if the TC or WCO have concerns they can message me privately. I will not discussing my decision further in this thread.

astros

To all North American Stratego players,

I am announcing my identity now because of the current state of the NASF. Since I left the committee, they have held no tournaments open to all of their members. With Wogomite telling several players that he is leaving the site indefinitely, I decided to discuss the state of things with The Prof and steelers, the two remaining active NASF committee members. We have agreed that a new committee of MTinsley, Fks and I will become the sole NASF committee members. The three of us will host the qualifying tournament published by Fks in the NASF sub-forum. We plan to host a tournament open to all NASF members beginning in April or May.

We hope that this is an exciting new chapter for American Stratego.

astros, Fks, MTinsley

Don't edit my posts.

Edited by malcom.jansen, 05 April 2018 - 05:05 AM.
To add moderator note.

• texaspete09, MTinsley, roeczak and 2 others like this
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#2 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:55 AM

surprise of the century right here folks, who would have guessed?!

but you decided to be hostile when i questioned you, and repeatedly harassed me thereafter

i think we can all agree this is a dishonest move

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 10 March 2018 - 12:59 AM.

• roeczak likes this

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#3 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,029 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:57 AM

Welcome back (officially ;) )

Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)

#4 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:59 AM

surprise of the century right here folks, who would have guessed?!

To be honest I suspected it, but I was really surprised by the fact that malcom made a public announcement about it. I wonder how I should call him now, I guess I'll stick with malcom since astros has been deleted anyway.

• tobermoryx likes this
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#5 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:00 AM

I was sarcastic, MN. 

But there is no evidence to prove my prior claims.

Whereas I had proof to show harassment

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 10 March 2018 - 01:00 AM.

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#6 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:02 AM

I was sarcastic, MN. 

But there is no evidence to prove my prior claims.

Whereas I had proof to show harassment

I know, I just meant that although the fact that malcom is astros did not come as a surprise to me, the announcement itself did. ;)

• roeczak likes this
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#7 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

Januskopf.

#8 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 915 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:07 AM

Yes, I was dishonest, I feel I had a good reasons to be. People can come to whatever conclusions they wish.

Josh, my calling for your PB comes from the fact that you were repeatedly hostile towards me and display abusive behavior towards others (not including myself here) without remorse.

#9 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:11 AM

Josh knew something was smelling...you could have disarmed him in a PM...that was your miscalculation. 

#10 Losermaker

Losermaker

Captain

• Moderators
  • 937 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:11 AM

LOL! Astros you got two sides dude! Mr Malcom plays different, I even vouched for you with TC when they had suspicions to who you were I was so confident you were not astros! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• GaryLShelton and Henry domerkant like this

#11 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:12 AM

Alex, but I was right. And you chose to make yourself a pointless enemy by acting like an ♥♥♥, instead of admitting the truth.

I said in our PM I have personality flaws. fine, I accept that I have a short temper. But I value integrity, and you have lied and harassed a number of people including myself, Wogomite and Yangus. Probably many more who I am forgetting right now or people who haven't told me. 

You are unlikely to garner much sympathy when you refuse to mention your reasons for leaving. 

#12 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:15 AM

I did the exact same thing you did -- make a new account when circumstances became out of my control. Except, I have been open and forthcoming from the start instead of lying about it. 

I was not banned for abusive behaviour.

#13 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:17 AM

@US Actually I think the Yangus comment was to the point and in the right thread.

He was asking an integrity question to an organizer regarding recent punishment received.

I could not immediately see where else that question should go and was surprised it was just removed, instead of being processed as valid feedback.

As for the US vs MJ case in Topics: I think the verdict as made by MT there was fair. I saw from your response in Topics of Abusive behavior that you were not happy with it.

For the readers the verdict was: Both players should stop harassing each other. If I was judging it, I would just add a promise of some punishment to whoever would start a new round of similar behavior (probation) but the fairness of the verdict looked ok given the big picture.

I liked though how you reminded MJ that you just kept distance, it really added value to your side of the story.

#14 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:47 AM

old friend

#15 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 915 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:10 AM

Wogomite has perceived many incidents of harassment by me from random accounts that I do not own. I have repeatedly explained that I was not behind those accounts, but he is fixed on the idea that I troll him all day. Anyone who served on the old NASF committee can confirm this.

Yangus was removed from a tournament for cheating, questioning whether he can run a tournament fairly is justified.

Josh, you were given a permanent ban for faking an email from administrator. I was never given a ban in any capacity. My situation is different from yours.

Edited by malcom.jansen, 10 March 2018 - 02:10 AM.

#16 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:14 AM

Josh, you were given a permanent ban for faking an email from administrator. I was never given a ban in any capacity. 

Stop leaving out pertinent details, alex. Josh did this in the effort of exposing a suspected cheater–there was no personal gain for him in this activity. It was fully predicated upon exposing a potential threat and cleaning up this site.

Edited by KissMyCookie, 10 March 2018 - 02:15 AM.

#17 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 915 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:15 AM

I'd also like to point out that I am not looking for validation. I am willing to accept whatever consequences arise from this. I am merely announcing my identity for the purpose of transparency now that I am taking an active role in running tournaments again.

#18 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

My situation is different from yours.

Yes, apparently. You told Lonello you were going to South America.

#19 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

I did not think Deathhammer/IM/Blackboard were cheating. I just suspected they were the same person.

My intuition is usually correct,

#20 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 915 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:39 AM

Yes, apparently. You told Lonello you were going to South America.

I was planning to. I had a job lined up, but ended up accepting a different one in May.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users