#1 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,801 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

A little review about one of the most recent draw refusal cases. I will not comment on the fact that it took MT almost 10 days to come to a verdict (Oops, did I just make a value judgement?)

MathieuLawrence submitted his draw refusal case on 25 feb 2018. After long and deliberate consideration GaryLShelton was appointed to report back the bad news to MathieuLawrence on 7 march 2018 that his case has been dismissed as the MT voted 'no'.

When looking at the screenshots provided by MathieuLawrence, at first glance it may seem that it is not possible to forcibly capture the scout. I had to put the situation on the actual game board to try out and came to the conclusion it is possible to capture the scout.

As no timestamps were provided it is not possible to tell for how long his opponent had been trying to capture the last scout. Since this was not a clear and obvious draw and no timestamp screenshots were provided, MT made the proper ruling hereoQUuLEy.png.

Worth noticing is that MathieuLawrence made a comment on 4 march 2018 asking for a status request as can be seen by the following text: "How long does a case typically take to decide? It has been a week."

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

eOMDNAj.png

#2 MathieuLawrence

MathieuLawrence

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

Ok thank you for this information. I understand the ruling and have been made aware of the rules and proper procedure. Now that I have learned a little more about the system I should be able to report future cases accurately as well as become a better player.

• Fks likes this

#3 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 930 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:04 PM

I would suggest in cases where a draw is refused, but the player refusing the draw can never win that the person bringing the case is given 13 points and no punishment is issued.
Cheesecake

#4 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

What is the point of this suggestion?
Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)

#5 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 930 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:35 PM

To suggest an improvement to the draw refusal rules...
Cheesecake

#6 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:37 PM

I don't get it.
Lets say i have a sergeant versus a general and i am refusing a draw because i hope that you will surrender (not uncommon)
Don't I deserve to be punished?

#7 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 930 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:43 PM

I should have clarified. Per my suggestion, the player requesting the draw does not have sufficient evidence for a "proper" draw refusal case (ie only 1 request, no ten minutes between requests, etc.) This suggestion would help new players avoid getting cheated. Note that a defeat screen would still be necessary.
Cheesecake

#8 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

Oh
Yes, I completely agree with that. I probably misunderstood what you meant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users