Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

Somewhere in a barrage of posts here Napoleon has announced his resignation (in due time) which I find can not go unproclaimed. He has sit at the desk here almost a lustrum, so a very long time so that's cold. Can we please have some cheers?

I've strived for an Announcement topic to do this the proper way but was never succesfull in MT, so I create this special one for just Napoleon then. Not that we were always on the same page, many times not as dalee prooved the other week, but still he was, and still is for a while to come, our Senior MT-member with a huge amount of time spend on the forum helping members in all this time.

Ofcourse the first thing I said when he announced it was that I was first up next which for the same timefraim would be early 2019 for this Senior to leave office. I will for sure sit the current warmongering phase out ofcourse as that is a real danger for the site and give or take, I do have the experience needed. Napoleon and me will fight together to have the forum remain impartial at all times.

I hope he will be continuing the Clean Ranking which he has done with Symmetric and tobermoryx later, but if I got it right, set it up himself. It's a great assett for the community. We are also setting up something special as of yesterday. I hope this follows through and Napoleon will be the first to enjoy a special perk for resignees. I won't elaborate yet as it's not a certian deal yet but he knows what I am talking about for sure. For now, all hails on Napoleon!

• Losermaker, Aris1970, Napoleon 1er and 5 others like this
Lo

#2 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:08 PM

Thank you for your time served in the community, Napoleon. I wish you all the best.
  • Napoleon 1er likes this

#3 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:15 PM

Daniel, thanks for all the effort you put in MT. Time for you to concentrate on the game. See you on the battlefield!

LuckyPapa

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#4 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,063 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

Thank you Napoleon For everything <3 :(

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

http://forum.strateg...18/#entry461226

#5 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

Daniel, I've known you for a while as a great player and video uploader on YouTube, but I've recently realised that it's also been a great pleasure being your colleague in the MT, even for a small term. You set an example for every moderator and although your (voluntary) contribution was not always appreciated you continued, undistracted, following the path towards justice. Thanks for everything and good luck with whatever you pursue in the future.

• Napoleon 1er, tobermoryx, roeczak and 1 other like this

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#6 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for your time, Dan. Or Napster. :D

I hope you choose to stick around on the game. If not, have fun with whatever you pursue in the future. 

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#7 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 868 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

Thanks Daniel for all the time and work spent for stratego and the community :)

• Napoleon 1er and Bestofboth like this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#8 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

Hi Napoleon, Its sad that you leave MT. Your efforts for the community are much appreciated by a lot of people. Thanks for that. See you on the battlefield!
  • Napoleon 1er and Bestofboth like this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#9 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,960 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

I'll raise a cheer to the Napster. Now I can stop deliberately losing all those games to you.
  • Napoleon 1er, Master Mind and Major Nelson like this

#10 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for your work in the MT  & good luck ... :)

• Napoleon 1er and tobermoryx like this

#11 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

Thank you for your time served on the MT.

Perhaps now you will have more time to devote to making your outstanding and highly educational Stratego videos–those are a great asset to this community and are appreciated by true Stratego fans. Please continue with your excellent video production!

KMC

• Napoleon 1er, texaspete09 and rgillis783 like this

#12 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

@ Daniel

I am not going to say  the usual words "thx for your efforts " or '"for your time"" etc .

We know each other 5 years , we are same age , same zodiac(scorpions)  and I was this one who asked you to join  MT.   

What I want to say you in public is this:

3,5 years ago I was in the same sad position to announce my resignation from MT so I know exactly how are you feeling now.  One dispute between me and you , was the start of a really unpleasant situation in Greek forum which forced me to leave what I was considering that time as my second home and this was my own creation (MT) which was built spending thousands of hours and  huge efforts .  I left not because of criticism or because the attacks from some Greek members but because I loved and I still love  this site , I wanted and still want  the best for  this site and because  I realised that my resignation  would help for peace and unity in greek community .

3,5 years after this , you made the same decision to leave your second home. My criticism for favouritism among all the others ( false or correct it doesnt matter ) accusations , probably played some roll in this. I do not exam who is right or wrong. What I believe from what I know from you is that you resigned for the same reasons as I did . Because you love this site , you want the best of this site and because you realised that your resignation  will help to return in peace ,unity  and better days .

This needs courage and this is proof how much you care for our site. For all these reasons I want to say you a big thx for everything.

See you in the battlefield my friend with no other missclicks I hope :)

Greg

• Napoleon 1er, tobermoryx and DarthRemark like this

#13 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,901 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

Napoleon,

A resignation is always a personal drama. Something that is never fun to experience. As mentioned in our other chat, it is good and noble of you that you did not become addicted to your green name and are willing to give your badge to a next generation. Thanks for your service.

Nortrom

• Napoleon 1er, texaspete09 and Unladen Swallow like this
"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#14 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:43 PM

Napoleon,

It' s been an honour to work with you in such an important post, as a member of the Moderating team is. But most of all, it was an honour to meet you, even in a virtual world, and get to know you better as a person. I wish you relax now and enjoy the game more. I am sure that whenever the site needs your help, you will be here to provide it happily.

• tobermoryx likes this

#15 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:43 PM

Thank you all guys but please keep smiling ...  there is no funeral nor departure nor anything sad at all. OK I let my MT colors off but that is nothing, just like if you take away your military uniform and get back in jeans and baskets ... the person inside these clothes is the same, unchanged, having the same passion for the game and for this website which has to remain a nice and peaceful platform. I will still be there around on the forum with same attitude and style. I know that for sure I will definitely appreciate having back normal rights for free speech. 

Let's move forward, need to find a substitute now for me in MT. Interested candidates are welcome to announce it. And to be clear I've let my MT colleagues decide when they want to officially remove my colors between as early as immediately and at the latest when they will have found a substitute. I can definitely not let them "with a vacuum" in this moment ... but don't worry I'll not profit from that time to ban everybody :)

I wish to thank in particular Karaiskakis for his very nice message above, yes absolutely I quit for the same reason as you did, because you like this website and because MT is your baby, you can definitively not let your baby die, I'm sure.

A big thank also to Lonello who did initiate this thread ... on his own initiative ... with his own and unique style ... that some people may like and others not ... but today, in view of the success of this new thread I'm sure there is 100% of likes for his initiative. Thank you.

• KARAISKAKIS, DarthRemark, Yellowhat and 3 others like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#16 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:57 PM

Thank you for your contribution Daniel.

It has been good to work with you.

#17 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:50 AM

I'll miss you on the MT, Napoleon, but I'm very glad you'll still be around.  Thank you for your service!

#18 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:05 PM

It is done! Napoleon has now been promoted to our "Honorary members" league! And then Danis too! They will wear their title eternally.

MTinsley is the replacement for MT.

Give these great volunteers all a great applause!

• DarthRemark likes this
Lo

#19 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,901 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

I'm glad to see MT, without consulting the already concerned community, brought in yet another defender of MT, MTinsley. Needless to say, he already took upon MT's way of handling concerns by not responding when it doesn't suit him.

To MTinsley, can we expect, unlike the other mods, that you will open all reported cases that are still waiting to be opened?

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#20 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,960 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

It is done! Napoleon has now been promoted to our "Honorary members" league! And then Danis too! They will wear their title eternally.

MTinsley is the replacement for MT.

Give these great volunteers all a great applause!

Congrats MT & MT. I thoroughly approve of this appointment, and credit to whoever came up with the honorary idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users