#21 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:49 PM

Dont forget that the coloring of the plastic was done over 50 years ago.

For this set I am not the first owner so cannot tell you anything about the number of games that it has seen. There will be other boards from my collection though that do have those stories with them.

• Losermaker and rgillis783 like this

#22 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:12 AM

Tomorrow or Friday I will post my most colorful Stratego board. Also the pieces are not the standard colors and even the box has a special feature compared to the older boxes.

#23 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

Morx, I had a lot of respect for you before this topic was posted but I think you just became one of my favorite forum posters. Thanks for these great posts! It really shows your enthusiasm for this beautiful game.
  • KARAISKAKIS, DarthRemark and Fks like this

#24 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

ucncXWr.jpg

ktbV6GN.jpg

QFuqReG.jpg

• rgillis783 and Fks like this

#25 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

ucncXWr.jpg
ktbV6GN.jpg
QFuqReG.jpg

Very nice. I wonder why doesn't the American boards come with a blocker for when u set up? I always have to use the box with a bottle holding it up :) Edit I have also never seen a marvel themed stratego. What I used to have was Pirates of the Caribbean edition sci-fi with only 3 rows. and origina but with eu number system.

Edited by Fks, 01 March 2018 - 05:11 PM.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#26 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

6 Marvel Heroes Stratego

The board has parts of a city I guess, it did my head in looking at it. The screen to stand in the middle has a very nice picture though. The way the board folds in this box, is having to put it exactly on top of the 2 graveyards. It is a very clever mechanism and it works rather well.

As you will see I never played it, no stickers have been put on the orange and light blue pieces. The game has special rules for the special super heroes.

I asked various players about this game and one of them, Nortrom actually played it. He said "The 6 has the option to attack over 2 fields. If the piece it hits is higher than the 6, you dont lose the 6. It is easy to use the fact this unit is overpowered". "

"The game is a nice change for a Stratego player that likes to do something else." "The powers of the Fantastic Four of upgrading ranks if those pieces are close together are fun."

Pieces material: plastic round standing gates

Piece Color: Orange and Light blue

Board: hard carton

Outside box: Blue/gray

Year made: Estimated 2010

Publisher: Jumbo

Edited by Morx, 01 March 2018 - 07:03 PM.

• Don_Homer and Fks like this

#27 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

I my self like the older sets Morx but this Marvel box is sweet.You have been kind enough to share your collection and I for one thank you.I would add that this last box with the Marvel characters on it is also very nice. I enjoyed your description on how it is played and with Marvels up coming Infinity Wars coming out I would think this box could maybe entice a new generation to give Stratego a shot. 

#28 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:56 PM

I got older sets still coming, dont worry. There is plenty more and I did not show all the top pieces of my collection yet.

Also at some point you will see some Milton Bradley/Hasbro sets and a game made by Gibson Games that I already mentioned in an older post.  Tomorrow I will pick a new one and make some new pictures. It takes a bit of time to prepare, crop, upload etc.

• Losermaker and rgillis783 like this

#29 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

qFoq5EL.jpg

n3jrfuN.jpg

• Don_Homer likes this

#30 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:47 PM

7 Mini Stratego stick in (Greek)

This is one of the smallest Stratego games I ever saw.  Long time ago I owned another one like this but I think it was made by Jumbo. As a summer job we worked in the Dutch Flower fields and brought a small game to play in the break. Imagine moving pieces with earth covered hands, sitting in the grass and having a traditional dutch lunch.

This one has Greek writing on it, but I dont know what it means and cannot remember where I bought it. I was in Greece 2 times so far, as referee for the world championship in Thessaloniki and as player last year in Marmari, but I did not get it in Marmari for sure.

Notice that it has 3 lines of 8 pieces so its not a full classic game. Unfortunaly one red piece is missing so it will never be played.

On the bright side, I have more travel style games to use.

Pieces material: red and blue stick in pieces

Piece Color:red and blue

Board: plastic with inserts for bottom of pieces

Year made: Estimated 2000-2010

Publisher: Can anyone help me out?

• Don_Homer, Losermaker, Master Mind and 3 others like this

#31 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,302 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:15 PM

I actually do have the complete Jumbo version of this little travel Stratego version. At the backside, it says 'Made in Germany' with 'Not suitable for children under 3 years' in 8 languages. If you want, you can get it as I do never play it  ;)

#32 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:00 PM

You would make me very happy with that one. Thanks!

I will give you another bigger one, with magnetic pieces as a big thank you for that :)

• Master Mind likes this

#33 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,302 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:06 PM

You would make me very happy with that one. Thanks!

I will give you another bigger one, with magnetic pieces as a big thank you for that :)

That's actually great! I will be able to play it with my little brother in the car possibly (this one is too messy for that in my opinion). 

When is the next tournament we'll meet? :D

#34 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

7 Mini Stratego stick in (Greek)

This is one of the smallest Stratego games I ever saw.  Long time ago I owned another one like this but I think it was made by Jumbo. As a summer job we worked in the Dutch Flower fields and brought a small game to play in the break. Imagine moving pieces with earth covered hands, sitting in the grass and having a traditional dutch lunch.

This one has Greek writing on it, but I dont know what it means and cannot remember where I bought it. I was in Greece 2 times so far, as referee for the world championship in Thessaloniki and as player last year in Marmari, but I did not get it in Marmari for sure.

Notice that it has 3 lines of 8 pieces so its not a full classic game. Unfortunaly one red piece is missing so it will never be played.
On the bright side, I have more travel style games to use.

Pieces material: red and blue stick in pieces
Board: plastic with inserts for bottom of pieces
Year made: Estimated 2000-2010
Publisher: Can anyone help me out?

What are the ranks & piece counts? I vaguely remember playing this version in my youth.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#35 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,302 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

What are the ranks & piece counts? I vaguely remember playing this version in my youth.

Ha9GIOq.jpg

If you look from right to left you have the different pieces in the following order:

1 flag

1 marshal (3 stars)

2 colonels (2 stars)

3 majors (1 star)

4 sergeants (3 bands)

4 miners (2 bands)

4 scouts (1 band)

1 spy

4 bombs

• Don_Homer, Morx and TemplateRex like this

#36 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:47 AM

Ha9GIOq.jpg

If you look from right to left you have the different pieces in the following order:

1 flag
1 marshal (3 stars)
2 colonels (2 stars)
3 majors (1 star)
4 sergeants (3 bands)
4 miners (2 bands)
4 scouts (1 band)
1 spy
4 bombs

At first sight, it seems that this game with 4 bombs would have been more balanced with 3 instead of 4 miners, and 5 instead of 4 scouts (or 5 bombs and 1 colonel, but 5 bombs on 24 squares seems too much). With regular Stratego, I like that there are 5 miners and 6 bombs so that if every miner kills a bomb, the flag is then guaranteed to be open.

Edited by TemplateRex, 03 March 2018 - 09:57 AM.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#37 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:39 PM

In this last one, without much analisys, I think I would quickly use a colonel to find the marshal and then make it very difficult for my opponent by using patience. Without a general, the colonels are tremendously overpowered imo.

#38 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:55 PM

chMkwOq.jpg

D6glpIX.jpg

xjFPsZT.jpg

#39 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

8 Stratego - The Classic game of Battlefield Strategy

I promised one of the American fans of this series a Parker Brothers game today. Seems I grabbed the wrong one from the cupboard, cause this is one is clearly labelled Milton Bradley (MB). Not only on the front of the box, the side of the board but also on the excellent art work in the middle between the graveyards.

What I personally like about this game is the board. The little rivers connecting the two lakes.

There is something in the rule book that triggers Americans, especially the older players. In the section Additional Tournament rules they mention: Aggressor Advantage - when pieces of the same rank battle, the attacking piece wins. A lot of players that played with earlier versions of the US rules think this is the only right way to play the game. They are dissapointed about the concepts of trading equal pieces. The only thing they seem to consider even worse is ending the game in a draw. That is for cowardly Europeans.

Two other rules: Silent Defense and Rescue are also in the rulebook.

Not sure where I bought this, maybe from ebay.com or from Spiel Game fair in Essen, Germany.

Expect a Parker Brothers / Jumbo box later today, the day is still long for people in the US, I will  tend to do what I say :)

Pieces material: red and blue standing gates

Board: hard carton

Outside box: White

Year made: 1985-1990?

Publisher: MB

Edited by Morx, 03 March 2018 - 01:29 PM.

#40 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

YauqfKK.jpg

qocSAtd.jpg

4KGjGAP.jpg

I had this box 35 years ago, but pieces were cylindrical

like this : https://www.google.f...iact=mrc&uact=8

Edited by Sohal, 03 March 2018 - 01:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users