KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

Edited by KissMyCookie, 21 February 2018 - 11:21 PM.

#62 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for bringing some factual inputs, see my comments in blue below:

1, 15, and 20. I believe that the MT lacks transparency because the MT does not disclose votes in abusive behavior and draw refusal cases. I can understand the question but because MT is a "Team" we must have one unique verdict . providing details of votes would effectively be more transparent but on the other side "individualize" each mod. This is not desired in our team. You are right this is less transparency but it is desired like this. Why is this so important to you and what would this add to a verdict? The MT should be able to justify any decision that it makes and by having to defend their decision players are more likely to feel they are receiving equitable treatment. So you are saying instead of just providing a verdict we shall elaborate more and explain why such verdict has been reached? I'm sure this is something we can do (more work for MT but I take note of this wish and can try to improve on that) It also allows the community to address potential mistakes made by the MT in determining verdicts right but anybody can check a case and vote for himself. If he finds a complete discrepancy with MT's vote then it is not forbidden to say it and if a mistake is effectively identified MT would correct it.

2 and 6. The MT is insular because it chooses its own replacements and given the inactive state of the site owners, the community has no way to seek reparations from or the removal of poor moderators (I am not alleging anyone is doing a poor job). This potentially reduces the incentives for the MT to respond to the player base.If the community has strong grievance against some mod it is not forbidden to raise a claim against him. As per our rules the other mods have to open and handle a case. Nortrom did it recently for example. I can speak for me here not in the name of MT but having been a long time in MT it becomes less and less easy to remain impartial when you have to judge your teammate, so the solution is to abstain from voting with the consequence that maybe MT will not reach the necessary majority for a verdict. So for me if somebody has a grievance against a mod he shall first raise a claim and if MT cannot reach a verdict then go to admins. I understand this is not a satisfactory answer and as this discussion in this topic is moving forward constructively  I'm thinking of preparing a kind of survey (like wco team did after wco) in order to track the average opinion of forum members towards MT (.. again big work but certainly a good thing to do), give me some time.

3. There has been no update to the draw refusal system since 2014. A possible upgrade would that if Player A reports a case with one refused draw and Player A has no possible way of losing then Player A could be refunded without going through the 10 minute process. this is a recurring situation that we discuss inside MT. On one side the plaintiff wants to terminate the game as soon as possible after tie refusal but on the other side his opponent shall have the right to lotto his last movable pieces on unknown pieces and shall be give the time for it, Furthermore a draw may appear as a "clear draw" for a plaintiff but if it appears it is not then such plaintiff may surrender to early and then not be recognized for a clear draw. The real situations of clear draw a very few so that's why we are not fast in improving this rule, but i confirm it is an item discussed inside MT.

4 and 9 and 12. I believe that there was inconsistency between how Unladen Swallow and potredas were punished. I offer a more in-depth discussion of this in Topics of Abusive Behavior (2018). Is this an opinion or a fact, I guess some of my colleagues gave some explanations?

5 and 10. The MT's primary responsibility is to enforce the directives given by Jumbo. Jumbo stated that KMC and US were to be permanently banned. I believe the MT appealed this verdict and got the same response. The fact that the MT disagree with the admins' decision is irrelevant. You are blatantly disobeying the site owners and if owned the site, I would remove all of you for that. I have a different opinion on that but i respect yours.

7. No comment.

8. No comment

11. No comment

13. No comment

14. No comment

16. I do not believe that the MT attempts to solicit feedback from the player base. see survey idea above

17. No comment beyond what was expressed in one.

18. While I do not believe the MT has acted abusively towards players in recently reported case. I agree that some members have antagonized players. The MT should hold itself to a higher standard because they have the right to recommend punishments. If the MT engages in petty squabbling, then players may worry if they can get a fair evaluation when they present a case., possible to have a factual example?

19. I believe that GaryLShelton sells fireworks. Imagine Gary is not active in his business and has other people running. Also imagine Gary hosts a July 4th fireworks show that gives publicity to his shop. Now imagine one of his employees, Major Nelson, organizes his own July 4th firework show and advertises it with flyers in Gary's shop. In doing so, he may be indirectly stealing viewers from Gary's show and hurting Gary's shop. Gary may not stop him because he is not actively running his shop, but this is still wrong. This is basically what is going on when Major Nelson promotes a tournament that he is running on an alternative site. see my answer to Morx above

• DarthRemark and hellinon like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#63 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:22 PM

5 and 10. The MT's primary responsibility is to enforce the directives given by Jumbo. Jumbo stated that KMC and US were to be permanently banned. I believe the MT appealed this verdict and got the same response. The fact that the MT disagree with the admins' decision is irrelevant. You are blatantly disobeying the site owners and if owned the site, I would remove all of you for that.

You have a very deeply rooted personal problem with Unladen Swallow because of his initial manner of interaction with you. Now, you mask this vindictive platform behind a façade of site policies because it is convenient for you, and easy for you. Ultimately, you know little or nothing of the facts, and you know absolutely nothing of what went on behind the scenes. You are exploiting an opportunity for yourself and no one else–your attacks benefit only you.

This now goes to your credibility based upon personal motives because your bias is so far away from objective–you could never be a fair and impartial judge on the MT panel so long as you indulge your frustrated and vengeful traits. Make no mistake, your personal motives are very clear to just about everyone reading these posts.

KMC

• Fks likes this

#64 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:37 PM

I for one don't see a problem with Major Nelaon advertising a tournament for gravon. This is a srratego forum. I know a lot of people who like to participate in as many tournaments as possible. I think that he is simply spreading the word about the tourney on gravon-there is nothing wrong with this.

And let me say, Malcolm, that your analogy in response to point 19 is deeply flawed. It would go more like this:

Jumbo owns a fireworks shop. Gary, Major Nelson, Napster, Tobermoryx, and Lonello are employees at the fireworks shop. A person who loves fireworks arrives at the shop and strikes up a conversation with Major Nelson the employee. Major Nelson tells him about a fireworks display that the Fireworks shop he works for is hosting. Let's say it's held on July 4th at 9 pm (21 gmt). But Major Nelson has also heard that another fireworks shop has a fireworks display on July 5th. Major Nelson then encourages the customer to go to both fireworks displays- after all this is certainly possible, they are held on different days! This doesn't hurt the Fireworks business MN works for, after all, so there's no reason it shouldn't be allowed. (After all it is common knowledge that MN's employers' display is better than the display from the other shop  ;))

I don't see a problem with it. It certainly doesn't hurt Stratego.com but definitely promotes the love of stratego (in the analogy fireworks). 

Not direction at you malcolm but I think in general there is a lot of hatred and divisiveness going on right now in these topics. I think that all suggestions we make, as well as accusations, should he made respectfully and kindly. I hope we can resolve something in a good manner.

• Losermaker, Napoleon 1er, Major Nelson and 1 other like this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#65 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

People may read Nortrom's posts and think he would be ideal . But he already said he doesn't want to do it.

Tober, may I ask that you correct this incorrect statement? ( http://forum.strateg...e-3#entry447193 )

If not, worry not, I will not open a case or anything, I just found it weird you made this statement which is partly correct, but you left out an important nuance to it.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#66 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,238 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:55 PM

I for one don't see a problem with Major Nelaon advertising a tournament for gravon. This is a srratego forum. I know a lot of people who like to participate in as many tournaments as possible. I think that he is simply spreading the word about the tourney on gravon-there is nothing wrong with this.

And let me say, Malcolm, that your analogy in response to point 19 is deeply flawed. It would go more like this:

Jumbo owns a fireworks shop. Gary, Major Nelson, Napster, Tobermoryx, and Lonello are employees at the fireworks shop. A person who loves fireworks arrives at the shop and strikes up a conversation with Major Nelson the employee. Major Nelson tells him about a fireworks display that the Fireworks shop he works for is hosting. Let's say it's held on July 4th at 9 pm (21 gmt). But Major Nelson has also heard that another fireworks shop has a fireworks display on July 5th. Major Nelson then encourages the customer to go to both fireworks displays- after all this is certainly possible, they are held on different days! This doesn't hurt the Fireworks business MN works for, after all, so there's no reason it shouldn't be allowed. (After all it is common knowledge that MN's employers' display is better than the display from the other shop  ;))

I don't see a problem with it. It certainly doesn't hurt Stratego.com but definitely promotes the love of stratego (in the analogy fireworks). 

Not direction at you malcolm but I think in general there is a lot of hatred and divisiveness going on right now in these topics. I think that all suggestions we make, as well as accusations, should he made respectfully and kindly. I hope we can resolve something in a good manner.

Wow Fairway, I have to admit it's fascinating how simply you can explain something that seems like rocket science to other users of this forum!

• Fairway and Fks like this

#67 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 724 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

@Fairway, I hope that you stick with making videos, because your analogy misses a few points:

1 The eager employee in your fireworks story was hired to do a job, according to a contract. In this contract there were terms and conditions stating that he should work in the best interest of the company.

By actually handing out flyers that he printed on the big printer provided by his employer and handing them out from under the counter to promote the other show he did also misuse the materials provided by his employer to do something that was against the rules.

When his senior collegue heard what he was doing he warned him in private and told him it was a very bad plan and he would face the possible consequences, the contract stated that he might get fired for doing this.

He admitted he was wrong and said he would never do it again but then his other collegues told him oh no thats not wrong, everyone likes fireworks.

To be continued...

#68 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:22 AM

but I think in general there is a lot of hatred and divisiveness going on right now in these topics. I think that all suggestions we make, as well as accusations, should he made respectfully and kindly. I hope we can resolve something in a good manner.

Agreed.  I'm glad to see substantive criticisms posted so they can be addressed.  I think Napoleon gave excellent replies and I agree with most everything he wrote.  It's clear there are some bad interpersonal feelings festering here though.  Let's stop sniping at each other and bury those.  Everyone wants a good experience on the site.  Let's stop and recognize that and then move forward.

• Don_Homer and Napoleon 1er like this

#69 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 931 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:49 AM

Thanks for bringing some factual inputs, see my comments in blue below:

1, 5, and 20: Transparency is always better, it is not like you guys are discussing state secrets. Furthermore, you should be able to defend any verdict that you reach. If you cannot clearly define why you voted a certain way in a draw refusal case, then you are not knowledgeable enough to be a moderator. Now, the MT would not need to give a detailed justification after every case, but you guys should be able to if it is requested. Furthermore, standardizing punishments for abusive behavior would help eliminate subjectivity. For instance, you could come up with a standard punishment for sexual comments, a different one for profanity, another for violent threats, etc...

2 and 6: I find your answer is troubling. If members of the MT refrain voting on cases involving each other, then who is going to deal with a potentially bad moderator. The admins certainty are not. Therefore, some form of elections is essential so that the player base can remove bad moderators. I am not suggesting that this needs to be done for any of the current MT members, but this check needs to be added.

3. In my suggestion, a clear draw would be a case such as Player A has a bombed in flag and a marshal and Player B only has a general. Player A can never lose in this situation. Player B never has a chance to win and is not hurt if Player A leaves early. Note Player B would not be penalized in this scenario. Maybe this is not a great suggestion, I have posted others previously in the forum. However, I question how much discussion is occurring if the rule are largely static over 4 years.

4, 9, and 12: I felt US and potredas described basically the same sexual act and got different punishments. Again, see my discussion in that thread; I do not want to get off topic.

5 and 10: I am not sure how you can disagree you are not being derelict in your duties by refusing the orders of a direct superior. However, lest Fairway and Fks, make fun of me, I will leave it at that and am glad you can understand my concerns.

18: Personally, I have not felt antagonized by the MT. However, I believe Nortrom feels that way as he as opened cases against you and Lonello. Furthermore, the MT is active is political and religious discussions. I fear that players may not see the MT as objective if they disagree with the views expressed by the MT.

19. I do not believe the Major Nelson situation is a big issue, as I did not raise it. I consider his behavior to be unprofessional for the reasons I described above. However, I would not remove him as a moderator because of it. I find it troubling, if true, if other members of the MT told him that what he was doing is okay.

Cheesecake

#70 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

@Fairway, I hope that you stick with making videos, because your analogy misses a few points:

1 The eager employee in your fireworks story was hired to do a job, according to a contract. In this contract there were terms and conditions stating that he should work in the best interest of the company.

By actually handing out flyers that he printed on the big printer provided by his employer and handing them out from under the counter to promote the other show he did also misuse the materials provided by his employer to do something that was against the rules.

When his senior collegue heard what he was doing he warned him in private and told him it was a very bad plan and he would face the possible consequences, the contract stated that he might get fired for doing this.

He admitted he was wrong and said he would never do it again but then his other collegues told him oh no thats not wrong, everyone likes fireworks.

To be continued...

Hi Morx :)

You're a nice guy, but I'll have to disagree with you here.

Firstly, Major Nelson hasn't been hired by a company: I only used the fireworks example so that everyone could see a comparison with Malcolm's example. He's agreed to give up some of his valuable time and join the moderator team because of his love for the game of stratego. There's no contract here (as far as I know) and he's not being paid. He's simply promoting his love of the game, and in my opinion he should be fully allowed to do this.

Your second point is a good point, but also highlights the differences between an online forum / gaming website and a real business. You are correct in that if this were to occur in real life he would use his company's materials to promote the other fireworks display, which in a small way could hurt the business he works for. But that's where the differences comes in. ​In no way do any of Major Nelson's actions hurt Stratego.com.​ By sending a PM this does not cost money as ink and paper would (it's digital!) and , for example, he did not sacrifice his time at the register in the shop (or working for the MT) to do this. 

Again, in response to your third point, as far as I know there's no contract, he's not being paid, and he's not getting any benefits. ​He's volunteering​. If at any time the company doesn't want his services ( or in this case Jumbo / the community doesn't want his services ) his services can end by termination. But by no means do I see this scuffle as a reason for his services to end- in my opinion he didn't do anything wrong.

And yes, I don't think what he did was wrong 

p.s. I think  I detect some sarcasm in your post- I'd like this to be a friendly discussion and I'd like us to still be friends if you don't mind :)

• Don_Homer, Napoleon 1er, tobermoryx and 1 other like this

#71 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:58 AM

I should be a lawyer :)

Edited by Fairway, 22 February 2018 - 03:00 AM.

#72 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

@ Major_Nelson : I request you (again..) to give answer to my questions raised at: http://forum.strateg...-2018/?p=446976

@ Tobermoryx : I request you fix your untruths in your messages http://forum.strateg...he-mt/?p=447302

@ Napoleon : You may have missed my response to you, but I'd like to bring it to your attention again : http://forum.strateg...he-mt/?p=447290

#73 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

"If the community has strong grievance against some mod it is not forbidden to raise a claim against him. As per our rules the other mods have to open and handle a case" Can you explain why initially your stance was that no case could be opened by MT? http://forum.strateg...-2018/?p=447163

"I'm thinking of preparing a kind of survey (like wco team did after wco) in order to track the average opinion of forum members towards MT" Thus far no effort on receiving feedback has been made, while it may be a satisfactory answer / response, this does not take away that untill now, such thing has never been done. Question: You mention that the WCO team holds this survey, you know that the WCO has been around for 3 years now (=3 surveys). Does it take MT, on average, 3 years to think about such possibilities? or is this just a response to the concerns raised by Malcom Jansen?

"The real situations of clear draw a very few so that's why we are not fast in improving this rule, but i confirm it is an item discussed inside MT." Why has MT never asked for any public input? surely 100 members know more than 5 that were appointed moderators. Again, this just feels like trying to make it look like MT is trying to improve things. I may or may not have offered my assistance in the past on this topic, I'm not sure anymore (no sarcasm), but have definitely offered ideas regarding ISF anti-chasing enforcement.

As for 'weird language' by (maybe not at that time) MT members  (despite not reported)

#74 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,238 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:43 AM

"If the community has strong grievance against some mod it is not forbidden to raise a claim against him. As per our rules the other mods have to open and handle a case" Can you explain why initially your stance was that no case could be opened by MT? http://forum.strateg...-2018/?p=447163

"I'm thinking of preparing a kind of survey (like wco team did after wco) in order to track the average opinion of forum members towards MT" Thus far no effort on receiving feedback has been made, while it may be a satisfactory answer / response, this does not take away that untill now, such thing has never been done. Question: You mention that the WCO team holds this survey, you know that the WCO has been around for 3 years now (=3 surveys). Does it take MT, on average, 3 years to think about such possibilities? or is this just a response to the concerns raised by Malcom Jansen?

"The real situations of clear draw a very few so that's why we are not fast in improving this rule, but i confirm it is an item discussed inside MT." Why has MT never asked for any public input? surely 100 members know more than 5 that were appointed moderators. Again, this just feels like trying to make it look like MT is trying to improve things. I may or may not have offered my assistance in the past on this topic, I'm not sure anymore (no sarcasm), but have definitely offered ideas regarding ISF anti-chasing enforcement.

As for 'weird language' by (maybe not at that time) MT members (despite not reported)

http://forum.strateg...-2017/?p=396582

http://forum.strateg...-44#entry441737
http://forum.strateg...e-9#entry444675
http://forum.strateg...ng/#entry442607

Seriously? Are you going to report me for abusive behavior because I called (and I was not a mod at the time) karmelo and Tibere42 pathetic idiots? Karmelo tells to every player who beats him nasty things about his mother and wishes he dies of cancer, yet my calling him just "pathetic idiot" is unacceptable behavior? I would as well say I complimented him. BTW, you even liked the last post.

#75 dalee

dalee

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:09 AM

As a former MT member, I could express my opinion on that topic.

Before few weeks I announced that I stop my activity for everything of online stratego and the reason was the actions(or non actions) of MT. The decisions of MT don't protect the healthy part of the online stratego community and there are many cases that prove that.

From my experience the problem is that some MT members and first of all Napoleon, don't follow the forum rules in order to take decisions. It is sure that some of them want to support an alternative way to act, that is far away of the fairness and equality to the rules. Many times Lonello tried to keep a good level of judgment, but the majority of MT doesn't want to follow. The newest MT member Major Nelson, should get good guidance from the other MT members and not to mislead him from the beginning of his service. As member of the Greek community I can say that Major Nelson is acceptable for that role and someone should support and protect him in order to get some good experience.

It is sure that MT is volunteer and that is a hard work. If someone wants to be MT member should think about that carefully. Maybe elections is a good idea, but only that It is not the end the case. There should get delimitations for who can be MT member and also Admins should give more support and powers to MT.

I expect a reorganization of MT in order to

for community: get the necessary support and to believe on a fairness MT

for me: be active again and protected in the online part and online tournaments

• KARAISKAKIS, Lonello and Nortrom like this

#76 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

Seriously? Are you going to report me for abusive behavior because I called (and I was not a mod at the time) karmelo and Tibere42 pathetic idiots? Karmelo tells to every player who beats him nasty things about his mother and wishes he dies of cancer, yet my calling him just "pathetic idiot" is unacceptable behavior? I would as well say I complimented him. BTW, you even liked the last post.

Major,

Note I called it "weird" language, not unacceptable. I just found it weird that MT was offended by the same words. Also I did not and will not make a report on it, but I saw a post somewhere before where it was said that mods were also picked based upon posts made prior to becoming a mod, so it appears that MT, (rightfully) has no issue with such comments.

#77 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

Thanks dalee. Yes what you brought was simply common sense one shouldn't be able to get around and it was the reason why we selected you to become an MT-member in the first place. The answer to everything always is ofcourse we work in a Team so in the end, after all has been said, it's still the compromize that counts. And I may be often on the one end and another in the other end, then it's the ones in the middle to rule, and ofcourse they do want to appease everybody, I can get that. It's also the charme of what we have in MT, all these opposite thoughts. And it's what's needed as I for instance will often not get at all what Gary writes about fake moonlandings but he's right there is indeed a growing group in my own country that believes in a flat Earth... just hard to comprehend for me but it's good anyway we don't have 5 fake moon Lo's in MT nor 5 Gary's.

As what Nortrom is pulling is no rocket science either. We've left the farce cases Nortrom brought to the Abusive section open for everybody to witness. General Rascal ofcourse now nails it there... it is always good not to hide the misconducts but simply to have it witnessed and get such down to earth reactions :). All he is doing is testing us out to divide... he stretches and stretches to become the New Sadistic and hopes to be PB'd for it, that's what he begs for anyway.

What he has relayed is very obvious... wanting to purge an entire impartial team with members of all countries divided, no alterior motives and with zero pennies paid over all these years and replace it by a clone Team of Sadistics as trained by him in the Nortrom University, but just for a couple of months as the job obviously doesn't pay very well. Always demanding things but as asked of him earlier, then you should also deliver. But he can't be burdened with anything more than 1 tourney as volunteering work and with Elections chosen next to a couple of electees from current MT he said he'd leave at the spot, leaving the workload to the remaining ones.

His few amount of 1000 forumposts gathered for his working months speak for themselves compared to what MT had to read and answer for the full 12 months which then is soon in the high 2000's up to 4600. Fairway would be a much better candidate here, also judging what he writes above.

So what he wants is to turn this forum in to what it has been this week alltogether. You'll see the constant infights and the petty wars prolonged for a couple of more decades I'm sure. I say we need none of that here. Take the Elitist ploys to the ivory castles. This is an open forum and independants must rule. None of the current MT-members have any alliance with any of the High Organs Of Stratego so we are utterly and purely independant and that is what we are supposed to be.

On topic, I am all for Elections if the community desires so, I have said a couple of times already, starting actually within MT to argue it weeks ago. Judging by the template now in front of us in the Greek subforum, I do hold my breath though. So far we've just seen two 'brave' concerned citizens here willing to become MT but that have as sole condition to be unwilling to govern with any of the 5 of us.... again what if some of us end up to be chosen? So yes there are plussides but no, as Darth already pointed out where we came from, experience tells there are also downsides.

Lo

#78 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Hi Napoleon1er,

Since you asked for favouritism (and not only) cases, I would like to present to you:

In 30th November there was a clear abusive post from Overlord in topic ΓΑΛΑΝΟΛΕΥΚΑ ΝΕΑ.
In this post (which has been hidden now   from MT) Ovelord has expressed a really abusive behavior against me and dalee . The severity of the abusive behavior was in such degree which was the cause of locking the topic from the greek member in MT for several days. Immediatelly after the post i made report using the report button as MT has recommended .
Until 6th December there was absolute  no respond from MT to my report.  # 16 of Theo/Napoleon's list
I already knew that there was discusion with dalee for the same issue but never understood why i was not invited in this pm/discusion.
After my complain for the delay to make decision you wrote the following:
" Yes Overlord is probably accusing you of wrong things and yes he has been banned and yes he is undisciplined .... but he is THE BEST GREEK STRATEGO PLAYER ... and in 2-3 years from now he will become THE BEST STRATEGO PLAYER IN THE WORLD ... so my humble message to you is only to try to think otherwise ... forget about his person ... look at the talent he is only. It is all in your favor to have such a great talent in Greece, better support him than ban him."

This is what you wrote about Overlord οn  9th December 2017 .
dalee replied in your message :
"For last, to remind you your role. You are obligated to follow the rules of the forum. If you don't like them, change them. If you don't like to follow the rules, change your role."
Finally decision was made in 10th December which was  guilty  with 3-2 votes and 1 WP has been given as penalty. Here it is arising a big questionmark. Who are these 2 members in MT who voted not guilty in a such a clear case and why ? In combination with your post above I can guess the one of them and the second most probably was influence  of your favoritism. # 20 of Theo/Napoleon's list

MT NEVER  post the decision for Overlord in forum exactly with what is happening for all the players who have be found guilty for abusive behavior.# 9 of Theo/Napoleon's list

Personally I have no intention and no  interest in the banning of overlord but your logic is purely based on favouritism.# 10 of Theo/Napoleon's list.

#79 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 280 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

I understand the point Morx is making, about advertising other sites. I agree that Major_Nelson was unprofessional to solicit a gravon tournament via mass PM. It may be unprofessional, but I don't consider it a severe offense, and certainly not grounds for a ban or demodding. I believe some of you may be being too harsh on a group of internet volunteers. Some of you are comparing real-world work and responsibilities to a volunteer position on an internet forum. Apples and oranges.

Therefore, I see no problem with mentioning or discussing other playing options. The advertising rules mentioned here (http://forum.strateg...al-forum-rules/) are designed to stop fragrant spamming posts, rather than legitimate discussions. I also believe that rules should be taken with a pinch of salt, and be applied subjectively, not literally by-the-book 100% of the time. :)

Edited by MTinsley, 22 February 2018 - 05:31 PM.

• DarthRemark, roeczak and Unladen Swallow like this

#80 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

Lonello,

I must admit that I am slightly worried about your obsession with Sadistic.

I already have expressed how I would run the forum when dealing with posts that are in violation with rules

1. Hide/Remove post
2. Inform offender about it
3. Discuss warning point

Of course consistency, integrity and transparancy will go together with this.

" Always demanding things but as asked of him earlier, then you should also deliver " Again, I have offered my services, but it is important that all members of MT are full motivated to hold this position, which I am not. However, I'd be more than willing to clean up some messes to give the a new team a fresh start.

"So what he wants is to turn this forum in to what it has been this week alltogether." You know this is completely untrue, it is sad to see you have to resort to scare-tactics. I'll consider a new libel case for this comment. I'll keep you updated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users