GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,885 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

Dear Stratego.com fan from Greece,

In order to allow proper organization of Greek tournaments at Stratego.com the MT has been called on duty to organize elections to nominate your dedicated team of Greek Tournament Managers (Greek TM, or GTM). In order to do this we invite you to announce via pm to any MT member if you are a candidate for such role. The conditions to be eligible are following:

1) Be a regular and active stratego.com forum member

2) Must be listed in the official list of Confirmed Greek accounts

3) Have all aliases declared in the TC Alias Register

4) Have a good command of English (any communication with MT shall be in English)

5) Be a volunteer and have sufficient availabilities to manage tournaments for one year

Motivated candidates are invited to announce their interest to the MT no later than Sunday 25-February at 17:00 GMT. Please pm any MT member to express your interest. When expressing your interest we request that you contact us with your main forum account, or tell us what your main forum account is, as that will be the account that is nominated. Also, we require that you tell us the live club, if any, that you are affiliated with in Greece.

MT will then announce on Monday 26-February by 17:00 GMT the list of self-nominated candidates. At that time any Greek forum member who is registered in the official list of Greek accounts will have a right to vote for ONE person as Greek TM. The top three highest vote getters, as counted by the MT, will be awarded the position of Greek TM (GTM), whose term will be for one year under good behavior, or until the following January when the next elections will be held. Deadline for voting will be Sunday 4-March, 17:00 GMT. Results will be announced on Tuesday 6-March by 17:00 GMT.

Notes:

1) If any two of the highest vote receiving candidates are from the same club, the MT will cancel the award to the lowest of these two and award his post to the next highest vote getter from among the candidates who represents a club different than the other two Greek TM's, or no club.

2) All remaining candidates will be placed into an Alternate Candidates pool and will be equally eligible again should a special election be needed to fill a post before next January's elections.

3) In case a tie occurs in the voting for the top four or more candidates a second vote to decide the three winners will be held. The only voters allowed will be the Alternate Candidates* and no one else. They will each vote for one person from among the top tied candidates and the MT will count their votes and announce the winners.

Should the Confirmed Greek membership wish to recall any Greek TM so elected, such an event may occur at any time, and be followed by a special election to replace that member. This will require a total of 25 Confirmed Greek members, representing at least three different live clubs, to sign a petition recalling said Greek TM in a new topic titled in both English and Greek and erected at that time. Any special elections will be held as quickly as possible and in the following way: The only persons allowed to vote will be the Alternate Candidates* themselves. Each Alternate Candidate will cast one vote for another Alternate Candidate (not himself), and send his vote to the MT, who will count the votes and award the Greek TM position to the Alternate Candidate receiving the most votes at that time, irrespective of the live club of that member.

* If less than six Alternate Candidates are in the A.C. body this voting will revert back to the entire CGA body.

Have fun

The MT: Napoleon 1er, Lonello, GaryLShelton, tobermoryx, and Major Nelson

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#2 ΓΑΛΑΝΟΛΕΥΚΑ ΝΕΑ

ΓΑΛΑΝΟΛΕΥΚΑ ΝΕΑ

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Εστάλη από Aris1970

Όταν ο Μέγας Αλέξανδρος , ο οποίος ήταν μαθητής του Αριστοτέλη, είδε κάποια μέρα τον δάσκαλό του να έχει πέσει στα τέσσερα και να παριστάνει το ... άλογο, ενώ η παλλακίδα του Ερπυλλίς, του είχε περάσει ... χαλινάρι και τον είχε ... καβαλήσει, δεν άντεξε εμπρός στο κωμικόν του θεάματος και του είπε την, πλέον, γνωστή φράση: «Δάσκαλε που δίδασκες και νόμο δεν εκράτεις...».

MT  Nominations and Elections

TM Nominations and Elections

Dutch TM  Nominations and Elections

NASF Committee  Nominations and Elections

………  etc

Εύχομαι , να ακολουθούσουν , όλοι ,το δικό μας δημοκρατικό μοντέλο .

Αντίστοιχο μοντέλο θα πρέπει να εφαρμοστεί και στο live stratego (live stratego community)

Τον μεθεπόμενο μήνα , στις 21 Απριλίου , ημέρα διεξαγωγής του Πανελλήνιου πρωταθλήματος στην Πάτρα (αναγνωρισμένου από την ISF), δια της Γενικής συνέλευσης των Ελλήνων παικτών stratego , μας δίνεται η ευκαιρία να αποφασίσουμε δημοκρατικά για το μέλλον της ελληνικής κοινότητας stratego , τον φορέα – μοντέλο εκπροσώπησης μας στην παγκόσμια ομοσπονδία stratego .

Ο καθένας από εμάς , εσύ ο έλληνας παίκτης stratego , ισότιμα ,καθορίζεις το μέλλον της ελληνικής κοινότητας stratego .  

On 21st April 2018, the day when the 4th Panhellenic stratego championship will take place in Patras, stratego players from all over Greece and all the clubs will take part in this grand festivity of the Greek stratego. These players will also form the electoral body which will take future decisions regarding the Greek stratego community. The General Assembly of the Greek players is without a doubt the superior decision taking body and those decisions will have to be respected and accepted by everyone who is actively involved in stratego both in Greece and abroad (Greek stratego players, Greek clubs, HCS and the representatives in ISF)

• KARAISKAKIS and pasxalistz like this

#3 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 880 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Deadline in 2 days from now for those interested.

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#4 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

I dont speak Greek but Im guessing Aris wins these elections unanomously!

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#5 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 880 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

Aris is not a candidate. A few Greek players that want to be candidates for the elections have notified the MT via pm.

#6 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:15 PM

Okidoki

#7 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Είναι αδιανόητο στην TC να μην συμμετέχει και ένας Έλληνας , δεδομένου ότι εμείς οι Έλληνες παίκτες , είμαστε σε αριθμό συμμετοχών στα τουρνουά οι πρώτοι !!! Νομίζω ότι το πρώτο που θα έπρεπε να συζητήσουμε και να απαιτήσουμε είναι η συμμετοχή ενός Έλληνα στην TC

• FGP_ likes this

#8 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

Είναι αδιανόητο στην TC να μην συμμετέχει και ένας Έλληνας , δεδομένου ότι εμείς οι Έλληνες παίκτες , είμαστε σε αριθμό συμμετοχών στα τουρνουά οι πρώτοι !!! Νομίζω ότι το πρώτο που θα έπρεπε να συζητήσουμε και να απαιτήσουμε είναι η συμμετοχή ενός Έλληνα στην TC

PRO Series Qualifier 1: PRO Ladder - Registration

Για παράδειγμα στο τελευταίο τουρνουά , σχεδόν το 50% των εγγραφών είναι Έλληνες παίκτες .

Είναι αδιανόητο στην TC  , έστω ένα μέλος της να μην είναι Έλληνας !!!

#9 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

I hear that the Greek community needs a strong totalitarian dictator to lead the way.

I shall volunteer. 

Sign me up for the Greek Moderator position. 

• Fks likes this

#10 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:09 PM

I hear that the Greek community needs a strong totalitarian dictator to lead the way.

I shall volunteer. 

An Englishman to rule Greece? Did that ever happen?
  • Luckypapa and Unladen Swallow like this

#11 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:08 AM

Lord Elgin :D

• Don_Homer likes this

#12 The Achaean

The Achaean

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

I shall volunteer. 

Hahaha it's like a tradition that Greece should be ruled by foreigners ? 

History has proven that we make it better when we stand alone.

Thanks for your generous offer. You can leave now

Edited by The Achaean, 25 February 2018 - 11:59 AM.

• dalee and IOLAUS1926 like this

#13 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

As your supreme leader, I shall not stand for this insolence. Address me by my proper name. Else, I shall complain to the administrator about your blatant breaches of the "English only" rule on general discussion boards. I shall let your crass attitude slide, but just this once. Next time there will be severe consequences for you, Peasent Jake.

I believe we need a "final solution" to purge these disloyal infidels.

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 25 February 2018 - 12:33 PM.

• Fks likes this

#14 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

I shall volunteer. 

Dear applicant,

in order you to be Hellenic community's totalitarian leader you should do the following

1. Fill in the appropriate application form

2. Provide a copy of your id card, forth and back

3. Provide a CV where your education, skills and experience in the field of totalitarianism are described

4. Provide a short essay describing your ideas about the way you are going to lead

5. Provide a declaration that you are not prosecuted by local or foreign authorities

6. Provide evidence of Greek language knowledge ( we can provide such a document for the proper amount)

7. All documents shall be translated in the Greek language

8. All documents shall bare your signature validated by your local police station

9. Provide 2 photos

10 Pay 100 euro

Send the aforementioned items to the Hellenic Stratego Committee by the end of the deadline and your application will be reviewed  ;)

• KARAISKAKIS, Don_Homer, tobermoryx and 3 others like this

#15 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,671 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

10 Pay 100 euro to Nortrom per letter in the CV

You left out an essential part, don mitsos! :)

• Fks likes this
"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#16 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

It doesn't say who I am paying this 100 euro to, Therefore I shall pay this 100 euro to myself. 

• Don_Homer and Fks like this

#17 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 880 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

Dear Greek stratego.com players,

the deadline for declaring your interest in joining the team of Greek Tournament Managers has passed. There are 3 candidates who fulfill the conditions: FGP_, Périgord and roeczak. The team of Greek Tournament Managers will consist of 3 persons. Since the number of candidates is equal to the number of individuals required, elections are pointless and the 3 aforementioned players are the new Greek Tournament Managers without any further procedures. Congratulations to FGP_, Périgord and roeczak!

The MT: Napoleon 1er, Lonello, GaryLShelton, tobermoryx, and Major Nelson

Αγαπητοί Έλληνες παίκτες του stratego.com,

η προθεσμία για να δηλώσετε εάν ενδιαφέρεστε να ενταχθείτε στην ομάδα των Greek Tournament Managers έληξε. Υπάρχουν 3 υποψήφιοι οι οποίοι πληρούν τα κριτήρια: FGP_, Périgord και roeczak. Η ομάδα των Greek Tournament Managers θα αποτελείται από 3 άτομα. Δεδομένου ότι ο αριθμός των υποψηφίων είναι ίσος με τον αριθμό των ατόμων που απαιτούνται, δεν υπάρχει λόγος για εκλογές και οι 3 παίκτες που αναφέρθηκαν παραπάνω είναι οι νέοι Greek Tournament Managers χωρίς περαιτέρω διαδικασίες. Συγχαρητήρια στους FGP_, Périgord και roeczak!

ΜΤ: Napoleon 1er, Lonello, GaryLShelton, tobermoryx, και Major Nelson

• KARAISKAKIS, dalee, pasxalistz and 3 others like this

#18 The Achaean

The Achaean

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:25 PM

Send the aforementioned items to the Hellenic Stratego Committee by the end of the deadline and your application will be reviewed  ;)

It doesn't say who I am paying this 100 euro to, Therefore I shall pay this 100 euro to myself. 

don mitsos was clear....

#19 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:45 PM

FGP_ , Périgord και roeczak , καλή αρχή !!!

• Don_Homer, Nikos1972, pasxalistz and 5 others like this

#20 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,853 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:14 PM

http://forum.strateg...og/#entry448624

• Aris1970 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users