BCO 2018: REGULATION
1.Terms of registration:
- Have Belgian nationality.
- Take your official account "online Kleier" if you have one.
If not : take your best account.
- You must have a minimum of 200 points.
- Can communicate basically in English.
- Register on the stratego.com forum at the right place.
- Have an email address to arrange your games with your opponent.
2.Regulations of the games :
- The tournament is done in 6 rounds, one round per week.
===> All games must be played on stratego.com.
===> Victory or bye 6pts / Tie 3pts / Defeat 1pt / Forfeit 0pt.
- You will be put in contact with your opponents by mail.
- You must play your game within 6 days (at the latest Saturday 21h).
===> Agree one day and one hour with your opponent.
- The games must start between 18h00 and 21h00, unless both players decide otherwise.
===> Consent must be mutual.
- You must send your availability no later than Monday 12h.
===> Submit at least 3 days, with a slice of at least one hour.
===> Example: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 18-20h, Thursday 19-21h.
- Any game that exceeds 1h30 of play is declared as a draw.
- The game is draw if there is no captures for 10 minutes.
===> 1.Send a tie request to your opponent.
===> 2.If he refuses, you can give up and claim the draw.
===> 3.Provide evidence (2 screenshots minimum, or video).
- The double (or multiple) attack is forbidden, as in live tournaments.
===> Only video evidence can prove you right;
===> Victory can be granted if the opponent continues despite your remarks.
===> The final decisions in case of litigation are made on a case by case basis.
- The game must be restarted if a player is disconnected:
===> During the time of setting up the pieces.
===> Before any move have been played during the game.
- When your game is over, you must inform me of the result by email.
===> Even if you lost.
- If you have won, you must send me a screenshot of your victory.
===> Unless the opponent admits defeat.
- Every Sunday I will show the pairings, the results and the general classification.
===> On the forum of stratego.com
- A player who does little or no effort to play his game will have 0 point.
- Two forfeits mean the exclusion of the tournament.
- If the game has not been played:
===> The victory will go to the player who has made the most effort to play the game.
===> The notion of effort is subjective and will be studied on a case by case basis.
===> The draw can be decided if both players have made equivalent efforts.
- If your opponent insults you or sends you violent messages:
===> Send me a screenshot and he will be excluded.
- You will be exlcuded from the tournament if it can be proved that:
===> Someone else has played for you.
===> You are helped by someone during your game.
===> You played in the place of another.
===> You helped a player during his game.
===> You deliberately lied about the result of your game.
===> You have a behavior little sporting or fair play.
4.End of the tournament:
- The winner of the tournament will receive, if he wishes, a "gold medal".
===> Give me your address if you want it.
- In the event of a tie between two players, here is the tie-breaker system (decided by myself):
1. Direct confrontation.
2. Accumulated points.
3. Sonneborn Berger.
4. Test Match.
- Note: the ELO rating taken into account during the tournament is the official "online Kleier".
===> If the player does not have one: I will consider the official "live Kleier".
===> Otherwise, I double the rating of stratego.com (example: 653 ===> 1306).