• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

I have some difficulty to understand the following part of the rules:

§2.4 Scoring System

- You will get 6 points for a win, 3 points for a draw 1 point for a loss. If you fail to show up, you won’t get any points.
- The amount of points you have achieved in all the tournaments together will get you on the Qualifier List for the PRO Final. For example, Player X participates in the PRO Ladder and gets a total of 20 points, resulting in 8th place. Furthermore, he participates in the PRO Perfect Tournament, where he gets a total of 29 points, resulting in 5th place. On the Qualifier List, Player X will have 20 + 29 = 49 points in total.
- The Qualifier List is the list of all the players which participated in one or more PRO Series Tournaments with their total points earned.

first question: how can somebody score 3 points for a draw when in case of draw players have to replay immediately? I got 2 draws against roeczak and 1 against major Nelson, can I get 9 additional points? ;) 

second question: How can a player get 29 points in PRO perfect where there is only 5 rounds?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#42 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,055 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:44 PM

>How can somebody score 3 points for a draw when in case of draw players have to replay immediately?

This is a general rule set for PRO Series. Although being a rule in both Perfect and Random, this rule is not applicable to Ladder, as described in 2.2.1

>How can a player get 29 points in PRO Perfect where there is only 5 rounds?

Tricky question ;)

This is meant as an example to illustrate the goal of the Qualifier List. At least you have proven to know the rules by heart...

#43 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:22 AM

ok so in PRO perfect and random and final draws are allowed?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#44 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 758 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

That's correct.
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#45 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

What purpose does the ''kwalifier list'' have?

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#46 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 758 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

The four players that have the most points and have not qualified otherwise make it to the PRO Final.
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#47 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,055 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:02 PM

ok so in PRO perfect and random and final draws are allowed?

PRO Final will be a single-elimination tournament, so there actually must be a replay in case of a draw.

#48 texaspete09

texaspete09

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 6 days ago

Because I already qualified, does that I mean I don't have to participate in the pro perfect?

Edited by texaspete09, 6 days ago.

• TheOptician likes this

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#49 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,055 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 6 days ago

Because I already qualified, does that I mean I don't have to participate in the pro perfect?

Even stronger, you are not allowed to participate
  • Don_Homer and texaspete09 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users