#21 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

it means i could shuffle all day if i have the material advantage (in # of pieces), because if its a draw, i win. And it puts pressure on my opponent to make big risks to defend himself from an automatic drawn-loss.

it'll change stratego into a game of who can shuffle and defend all their pieces the most optimally. rather than a game of who can find the flag first

Given the uproar, TC are reviewing this topic and will publicise our decision shortly.
  • Nortrom and Fks like this

#22 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted A week ago

TC has reviewed this topic, and has changed the rules in community's favour, by implementing a direct rematch (if possible) after a draw. You can find full information here: http://forum.strateg...-general-rules/

• Fairway, texaspete09, roeczak and 2 others like this
First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#23 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Moderators
  • 2,135 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

Not sure to understand who will be the 4 qualified for final from ladder. If there are 32 players after 6 rounds there will be 1 winner automatically wualified but then 5 players ex aequo with 5 wins 1 loss, so who are the 3 from these 5 that will be qualified?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#24 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,505 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

Good question. TC are still confirming this exactly, because the number of players on each rung can be very different depending on the number of participants and the results in the tournament, but it is likely to involve a combination of Buch and Head-To-Head results. The exact procedure will be added to the Rules shortly.

#25 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,407 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted A week ago

I agree with TC's new decision, for sure a option for drawing is better, 3 scouts beat marsh and gen? That's pretty funny actually. :)

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users