Photo

Why are there so few platinum players online?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

Don mitsos : Don't you want a site where you are not allowed to have more than one account?
Why are you not playing there? You would be welcomed.

I have always said that i have no probelms whatsoever to delete all my aliases . In fact I would want that to be enforced. I think we're on the same side in that.
  • Don_Homer and KissMyCookie like this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#22 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

Roeczak, if you mean gravon it doesn't suit me. I just don't trust them to install something they propose to my computer. Also the surrounding there is appalling. 

If you have no problem to delete your aliases then why don't you do it? It is easy, you just send an email to customer care. Until you do it though, we are not exactly on the same side as i don't have aliases.

• roeczak and KissMyCookie like this

#23 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Ok don mitsos, I don't play with them anymore anyway.
I request today, 8 February 2018 to customer care to delete the following alias accounts of account roeczak : 

Marshal Giourias
Unforgiven 
Galen Erso 
Ultima Ratio 
Flag_Hunter

I will keep one to be able to play tournament matches, in case of bug with my main account : Blue Flame (which will not play any more ranked games).

I hope that helps to solve alias problem.

Edit : Flag_Hunter has also been added. I forgot I have this alias.

Edited by roeczak, 08 February 2018 - 10:22 PM.

• don mitsos and tobermoryx like this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#24 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

i don't have aliases.

I am not always with a taste for how don mitsos expresses his ideas, but I respect this man for living true to his convictions.

• roeczak likes this

#25 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

Roeczak, if you mean gravon it doesn't suit me. I just don't trust them to install something they propose to my computer. 

You are not installing anything, you can play from browser. Also when you use the Java version (gravon.jnlp), it doesn't install anything. Furthermore, the java files can be downloaded by anyone and easily checked for malicious code.

• roeczak likes this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#26 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

http://www.gravon.de...app/surface.jsp

you can play online on GReat AlternatiVe OptioNs

• roeczak likes this

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#27 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

Ok don mitsos, I don't play with them anymore anyway.
I request today, 8 February 2018 to customer care to delete the following alias accounts of account roeczak : 

Marshal Giourias
Unforgiven 
Galen Erso 
Ultima Ratio 
Flag_Hunter

I will keep one to be able to play tournament matches, in case of bug with my main account : Blue Flame (which will not play any more ranked games).

I hope that helps to solve alias problem.

Edit : Flag_Hunter has also been added. I forgot I have this alias.

Of course this will not solve the alias problem, but it brings the community one step closer to the solution. Well done

Last time i checked gravon required to install their program butI have not visited the site recently. I will give it a try

#28 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,232 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

The reason why I have alternate accounts is bec. of the usernames I like, If I know the person I am playing in ranked on my other accounts I will always tell them it's me.

• texaspete09 and KissMyCookie like this

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#29 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

In addition to ouwesok I am playing 12,5 year now on gravon and never experienced any harm to my computer.
Also its owned by a friendly guy who means no harm.

You are not installing anything, you can play from browser. Also when you use the Java version (gravon.jnlp), it doesn't install anything. Furthermore, the java files can be downloaded by anyone and easily checked for malicious code.

• Losermaker and evenseass like this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users