Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 996 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dear folks,

As one of the most iconic forum writers, if not king of the forums, the great Sadistic, is no longer capable of making posts on here, it is important to keep certain traditions alive, such as the annual awards to those who have achieved astonishing things past year, even those who have been naughty. To honour this tradition, here are this year's awards:

"American player of the year" award: texaspete09 recently broke 1000 elo and has had some very good tournament performances. The fact he's from Texas helps too ;).

"Brittish player of the year" award: A tough competition with TheOptician, however Unladen Swallow has won the national live championships and is on an impressive roll in the WCO aswell.

"Dutch player of the year" award: Nortrom. I humbly accept this award, thank you.

"German player of the year" award: Grizzlybear. Not only a fair and good person, but also a very tough opponent to bear. His recent tournament performances back this award up. Fully deserved.

"Greek player of the year" award: Overlord. Taking the #1 spot in the pyramid league, still competiting for a high placement in the WCO aswell as proving to be a force to be reckoned with in live gaming (winning GR national championships, participating in the Teamcup tournament in the Netherlands with good results). While there is some tough competition for the award from the likes of Major_Nelson, for this year, Overlord wins it.

"Talent of the year" award: Master_Mind. While again, Major_Nelson has also accomplished much recently, this award does go to Master_Mind, in the last round he can still win the WCO and he has also had some very good live play results.

"I have to put up with these idiots" award: GaryLShelton. Gary being the voice of reason within the MT, this award is fully deserved.

"Female player of the year" award: Kambia. Some amazing results, including victories over Morx and Fighter68 in the WCO, she also has some very nice results in live play.

"Worse service than Dutch Railways" award: Entire MT squad. Dutch trains are well known for being unacceptably late on every occasion. For being able to come up with more delays and disappointments than the Dutch trains, MT has fully earned this award for still not having implemented the ISF double-chasing rules.

"Don't bullshit me" award: Unladen Swallow. While some of the language shared is totally inappropriate, one simply does not throw mud at US and expect nothing in return.

"Video content maker of the year" award: Silverhammer. The FKS video's are also good to watch, however, Silverhammer's video's are, to me, more fun to watch. Has anyone seen his reaction to a quick game arena tournament game yet?

"Middlefinger of the year towards MT" award: OuweSok. Now this was a very tough call between OuweSok and yours truly. In the end, OuweSok won this award for having the most posts removed without receiving a single warning point, whereas yours truly received a warning point a long time ago for calling someone a "clown". The constant breach of forum rules that go unpunished is not only funny to watch, but also the biggest middlefinger towards MT. 

q6H7rz8.png

"Devoted Fan of the year" award: Napoleon 1er. Napoleon was the first person in history to institute a fan club for a Stratego player, Hielco. While of course Hielco is an accomplished player, it is sad to see that Napoleon does not allow anyone to join the fanclub, fearing that he may no longer be officially the biggest fan there is.

"Most literate person of the year" award goes to: KissMyCookie. One has to feel happy when reading one of his gems. Posts that often are filled with sarcasm (my second language), free of vulgar language, but always able to get his point across just fine. Unfortunately I am not allowed to give out nobel prizes, but KMC would definitely deserve one! despite the "bla bla" posts that come out every now and then

"Fallacy of the year" award goes to: Undecided. This is a tough call between Lonello and Napoleon. While lonello seems to live in his own little world full of green energy, no conservative people and likes to silence people like KMC for making posts that apparently contribute nothing but trouble to the forum, one must also not rule out napoleon's nomination for this award based on the simple fact, that if one does not agree with napoleon, ergo you do nothing for the community.

"Stratego analysis fanatic of the year" award goes to: TemplateRex. Deserved for his posts including the board editor and attempts of trying to analyse as many positions as possible, in a constructive way too! keep up the good work!

"Bully of the year who can't take heat from the kitchen" award goes to: MrTimRules. Unfortunately this year does not feature an award for "Most submitted draw refusal cases", perhaps we will include one next year, or he definitely would have won this one too. MTR submitting many draw refusal cases does not stop him from disconnecting to those who, in his eyes, "deserve" such unsportmanlike treatment.

This sums it up for now. For those who have not been awarded an award (yet), next awards might feature different categories and as you can see not all rewards are for those with exemplary behavior exclusively or awards to be proud of. You can be the next one receiving an award!

• dutchkillers, Kambia, Moghedien and 8 others like this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#2 Fks

Fks

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

This is amazing, very nice :P

Edited by Fks, 2 weeks ago.

• Nortrom and KissMyCookie like this

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#3 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 483 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Lol, some awards are very funny. :D
  • Nortrom and KissMyCookie like this
Winning isn 't everything, but wanting to win is.

#4 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 2 weeks ago

Worse service than Dutch Railways" award: Entire MT squad. Dutch trains are well known for being unacceptably late on every occasion. For being able to come up with more delays and disappointments than the Dutch trains, MT has fully earned this award for still not having implemented the ISF double-chasing rules.

You should try being stuck, standing room only,  on a class 142 (pacer train) at commuter times... :D

NW England is often 25 years out of date from the rest of the country. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 2 weeks ago.

#5 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am not sure I knew about these, or how they are decided but thank you none the less

I am certainly of a different breed.

#6 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am not sure I knew about these, or how they are decided but thank you none the less

I am certainly of a different breed.

Your reaction was FANTASTIC ! ! !  Please, keep making your videos and live streams

@Nortrom–Thank you for such eloquent praise...you have my deepest appreciation, sir.  :)

#7 roeczak

roeczak

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

I actually thought about making awards for the year but they would be a lot less funnier than this. 

Good job, Nortrom.

• Nortrom, KissMyCookie and Unladen Swallow like this

Proud Member of the Stratego Captains Club (the strongest club in Greece by a long margin)

#8 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thanks!

#9 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

"Middlefinger of the year towards MT" award: OuweSok. Now this was a very tough call between OuweSok and yours truly. In the end, OuweSok won this award for having the most posts removed without receiving a single warning point, whereas yours truly received a warning point a long time ago for calling someone a "clown". The constant breach of forum rules that go unpunished is not only funny to watch, but also the biggest middlefinger towards MT. 

I decline this award. My middlefinger isn't pointed at MT but at the entire establishment of this forum with less live posters than in the average episode of the Walking Dead, where arrogance and immaturity runs wild. I will take the "Most refreshing new poster" award, for dropping truthbombs and kicking holy houses and generally sticking my opinion up your behinds where it is felt best, rather than try and become a member of the many platinum player circlejerks.

Best Post of the Year: DarthRemark for THIS

Best poster: Major Nelson. Always helpful, always good humoured and devoid of arrogance, this poster will always do his best to help you out, irrespective of how bad a player you are.

• Don_Homer, Lonello, roeczak and 3 others like this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#10 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 996 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

I decline this award. My middlefinger isn't pointed at MT but at the entire establishment of this forum with less live posters than in the average episode of the Walking Dead, where arrogance and immaturity runs wild. 

Hi Old friend,

It is most humble of you to decline the award, however, the given out title will remain regardless, not only is it all yours, but it is also is well deserved for all your effort in claiming this title.

I will discuss the "My middlefinger isn't pointed at MT but at the entire establishment of this forum with less live posters than in the average episode of the Walking Dead, where arrogance and immaturity runs wild. " remark with the awards team so that we may introduce yet another category, on behalf of the awards team I would like to thank you again for your contribution.

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#11 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Edited by KissMyCookie, A week ago.

#12 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 weeks ago

bwaaahahhahahhaaaaaaa

One of my posts in the Forum Awards thread got liked by three forum members, one of them a moderator and then deleted by another mod.

Seems you MT guys need to get your act together

EL

OH

EL

• Nortrom, Dobby125 and TemplateRex like this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#13 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

bwaaahahhahahhaaaaaaa

One of my posts in the Forum Awards thread got liked by three forum members, one of them a moderator and then deleted by another mod.

Seems you MT guys need to get your act together

EL

OH

EL

You are something else sir

#14 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 996 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

He is, rightfully, unhappy that his post, which definitely would have been a top 10 of the month february, easily, was removed. But worry not dear folks, this act by MT will not be forgotten and may result into a new award ;).

• KissMyCookie, Fks and TemplateRex like this

#15 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm disappointed I haven't seen it.

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 2 weeks ago.

• Nortrom likes this

#16 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 996 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Check your PM. I backed it up just in case some folks deprived of any form of humor would show up and ruin the fun.

#17 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,409 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 2 weeks ago

Add me :)

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#18 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 996 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Consider it done. I take it you're going for the most curious person of the year award? ;)

• KissMyCookie and Fks like this

#19 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted A week ago

The bear in Grizzlybear was actually funny! I nominate Nortrom for "Most problems with autority award"

#20 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A week ago

There's no need... I've restored the post. One Mod took it down today which is in his prerogative rights to do so. But we overturned the action so there's no problem there and as the community knows, MT always reacts very swift.

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users