Ericblair

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

Wtf first time i ever bother to play with another player and the site wouldn't let us finish due to maintenance was winning happily and then that happened worst game ever! Thought it was good but with mods like this i wont recommend to my friends very frustrating. How OFTEN DO THESE MAINTENANCE HAPPEN>? What WERE THEY MAINTAINING ANYWAY?

#2 Ericblair

Ericblair

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

If the player refuses to play me back i should be credited with the win otherwise your company is not fair. It isn't also fair that you only print out the positive ones for advertising purposes and dont bother to help genuine problems with your server. Last fantasy / war game i poured over $5000 to to give you some indication of what you will be missing if i dont get a game credited.

#3 Ericblair

Ericblair

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

You should be credited.

#4 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

I happened to be up late for me playing when this happened also. I noticed myself just now I am still at the same ELO as before I was kicked out, 593. For me that was fair. I expected to return after that to a loss. But I can sympathize with your plight. I thought they'd let all games in progress finish first, but no. If you have a video of the game, you might show us and let the full MT discuss the matter.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#5 Ericblair

Ericblair

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

I happened to be up late for me playing when this happened also. I noticed myself just now I am still at the same ELO as before I was kicked out, 593. For me that was fair. I expected to return after that to a loss. But I can sympathize with your plight. I thought they'd let all games in progress finish first, but no. If you have a video of the game, you might show us and let the full MT discuss the matter.

Well Gary ts a pity for them because last online game i played i shelled out over 5k yes stupid i know never again but would have definitely paid for some credits here but not if they do that sort of thing. I tried to continue the game but couldn't i presume the player i was with was one of the 2 on my list? of friends. I also got a loss from trying to ask someone else online and i didn't get a reply from him so i left but it said i will forfeit my unplayed game as a loss if i leave unbelievable. So in 1 hour of startling to bother playing with online players i get cut off from winning and credited a loss from not getting a answer from a player in the game i didn't realize counted as a game? Hadn't even started and according to my stats I've already lost one game thus minus 100% and the only game i played i was winning. Unless the devs can

1: recredit my win and

2: hopefully keep that stored game to continue,

i cant see myself shelling out any money for them nor telling my gaming friends about it who are also high buyers.

Stratego devs won the battle but lost the war!

#6 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

Last fantasy / war game i poured over $5000 to to give you some indication of what you will be missing if i dont get a game credited.

pinocchio-clip-art-7.gif

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#7 Ericblair

Ericblair

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Sadly i wish i was lying.

#8 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

I, too, had a funky game prior to the maintenance cutoff. Both players clicked Ready and then it just froze on me. I finally left after ten minutes and found out it was to a loss.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#9 Ericblair

Ericblair

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

I, too, had a funky game prior to the maintenance cutoff. Both players clicked Ready and then it just froze on me. I finally left after ten minutes and found out it was to a loss.

I dont suppose you being staff asked the devs to start maintenance early since you were losing and knew the score wouldn't count??/ Ok that's the end of me being light-hearted tonight.

If you were going to lose its almost a godsend to get maintenance by inconsiderate devs who say hurry up and finish your game which i was doing although i believe my opponent was going slow because he knew his loss wouldn't be counted as he is well experienced in how slack the devs are on this game whereas it was just my start at learning how they never fixed this continuity after 3 years ago when they said it was a good idea to work out how to continue a game after maintenance. Thus if they never have pulled their finger out in working how to do it you'd think the least they could do is give at least half an hours notice not 8 minutes! 

Incidentally how many maintenance fixes happen during a week or does it only happen like once a year and just happened when i just started my first game winning??? Cant you mention this to the devs Gary since you are staff or do they consider themselves too high and mighty to not even listen to forum moderators?

I just cant play another game until i know when the next maintenance is or do they not even bother giving people warning on that either???

#10 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,218 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

I dont suppose you being staff asked the devs to start maintenance early since you were losing and knew the score wouldn't count??/ Ok that's the end of me being light-hearted tonight.

If you were going to lose its almost a godsend to get maintenance by inconsiderate devs who say hurry up and finish your game which i was doing although i believe my opponent was going slow because he knew his loss wouldn't be counted as he is well experienced in how slack the devs are on this game whereas it was just my start at learning how they never fixed this continuity after 3 years ago when they said it was a good idea to work out how to continue a game after maintenance. Thus if they never have pulled their finger out in working how to do it you'd think the least they could do is give at least half an hours notice not 8 minutes! 

Incidentally how many maintenance fixes happen during a week or does it only happen like once a year and just happened when i just started my first game winning??? Cant you mention this to the devs Gary since you are staff or do they consider themselves too high and mighty to not even listen to forum moderators?

I just cant play another game until i know when the next maintenance is or do they not even bother giving people warning on that either???

What is the big deal here? I think you are over reacting here quite much. The ELO system wont fail you. You will automatically get the rating you deserve with any account you try and the biggest example of this case is Overlord. If you are worrying about your ratio, Simply make a new account to get your 1 loss back. If you dont want to make a new account you can email customercare and ask them to reset your stats. Maintenance is very rare. I got a win from last nights maintenance due to my opponent leaving game before I did I am pretty sure.  

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#11 Ericblair

Ericblair

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

What is the big deal here? I think you are over reacting here quite much. The ELO system wont fail you. You will automatically get the rating you deserve with any account you try and the biggest example of this case is Overlord. If you are worrying about your ratio, Simply make a new account to get your 1 loss back. If you dont want to make a new account you can email customercare and ask them to reset your stats. Maintenance is very rare. I got a win from last nights maintenance due to my opponent leaving game before I did I am pretty sure.  

Typical just when I go on. Yes i many change my name just on principal but its now locked in my cellular memory and i doubt i will ever be able to relax and enjoy playing online startego always trying to rush through it in case there is a sudden on the spot maintenance again.

I don't know customer care wheres the link i don't want to wade through this why cant the staff do that that's what they are paid for otherwise why would they be staff just for power purposes? Gary should just be able himself to do it otherwise whats the point in forum moderators just to pacify people that they know they can never fix the situation???!!!

I also thought it looked like it was going to restart my lost game but maybe it didn't happen because my opponent quickly shut down his online status know doubt feeling as guilty as hell that he won by strageos devs stupidity and slackness in not giving proper warning timesz. 

We do not forgive we do not forget. 

#12 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,218 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Typical just when I go on. Yes i many change my name just on principal but its now locked in my cellular memory and i doubt i will ever be able to relax and enjoy playing online startego always trying to rush through it in case there is a sudden on the spot maintenance again.

I don't know customer care wheres the link i don't want to wade through this why cant the staff do that that's what they are paid for otherwise why would they be staff just for power purposes? Gary should just be able himself to do it otherwise whats the point in forum moderators just to pacify people that they know they can never fix the situation???!!!

I also thought it looked like it was going to restart my lost game but maybe it didn't happen because my opponent quickly shut down his online status know doubt feeling as guilty as hell that he won by strageos devs stupidity and slackness in not giving proper warning timesz. 

We do not forgive we do not forget. 

I don't understand why this is a big deal ... I am sorry you will be effected from this maintenance and wont be able to relax and play Stratego online ever again. I hope to see you at some live tournaments! Also I don't think you know how the site actually works if you are new. Did you click on a ranked game? If you did, your opponent wont have the ability to rematch you so he is not feeling guilty at all. 

The link to Customer care is on the settings symbol on the Stratego.com homepage interface. Also GaryLShelton is a volunteer Moderator who has been insanely helpful for the community as a whole and we are all in his debt. 

Edited by Fks, 23 January 2018 - 10:38 PM.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#13 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

Hey, Eric, I'll ask admins through our channel with them about this. It seems to me that I have only seen the maintenance infrequently, and it's always in the wee hours of the morning for me. I just happened to be up then last night. I'd say it's more like a one a month thing though others may feel differently. It also seems to me like in the past that I was able to complete a game without getting kicked off. So I'll ask them if they can return to that policy

i77rs4m.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users