tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

Making A Murderer is pretty amazing if you like documentaries.  

This was very good indeed. When I was watching it I had never heard of the case did not look up anything about it online. Then of course after it ended I did look it up and was disappointed to find the things the film makers left out, and this rather led me to revise my opinion of it downwards.

#22 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

Damon 13 great pick !  :) This series went off the rails a bit around season 9-10 IMO but it keeps giving. 

• damon13 likes this

#23 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:57 AM

Black Mirror and 3% are 2 of the more recent Netflix original shows I liked a lot.  

• rgillis783 likes this

#24 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,885 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:01 AM

Travelers is a good series of you like SciFi stuff. People from the future take over bodies in the present that are about to die but just moments prior and so they can avert the host body's demise. They are trying to change the things that go wrong in our time that cause the downfall of the future earth.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#25 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:53 AM

The Crown
  • Don_Homer likes this

#26 damon13

damon13

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

Damon 13 great pick ! :) This series went off the rails a bit around season 9-10 IMO but it keeps giving.

Yeah I know but I haven't really got bored on a single episode I mean it's like it keeps you up every time with the need to watch one more episode

Stratego Captains Member

#27 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 701 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

Some suggestions:

Sense8 (hard to capture in 1 sentence)

The Last Kingdom (adventure in Britain in the time of the Danish invasions)

Black Sails - Based on real characters from the pirate age and the book Treasure Island

#28 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

Ok Steelers you started the thread and we are in July,back in May you stated 3% and Black Mirrior were good. Do you have any new Netflix picks/recommondations, thoughts on shows you watched ? Latest Star Wars-The last Jedi came on other day .

Edited by rgillis783, 02 July 2018 - 04:11 PM.

#29 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

Not many new ones come to mind, GLOW is a guilty pleasure, but not going to win any awards.  The movie Circle was interesting, I don't know if I really liked it or really didn't like it, but it was interesting enough to make me think about it for a while.

#30 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

Along with your suggestion and some magazine press I gave Glow a shot.  Loved it ! Good 80's tunes,well written ! No need to be wrestling fan to enjoy but if ya are--even better .  :)  :D  :lol:  Thanks Steelers

• steelers likes this

#31 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:54 PM

Bird Box was trending so I gave it a shot other night. Was 2 hrs long but went by quickly. Not bad for Netflix -- Sandra Bullock still a good actor. Plenty on issues with plot/story but if ya put that aside it's not a bad ride. ;)

#32 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:43 PM

Netflix sucks but randomly go on to rewatch some yugioh :)

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#33 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,885 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:14 AM

Continuum was a neat TV show I just finished binge watching with the wife.  Sci-fi and all.  I like the Travelers also, but while it was on break between seasons we picked up on this other show. Both sci-fi and both set in Vancouver Canada.  At least four actors we saw in Continuum moved on to Travelers when the former was cancelled.  

• rgillis783 likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#34 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,885 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:22 AM

TV is not like it used to be. An hour episode of the old Star Trek used to last 48-50 minutes, so 10-12 minutes of commercials. Today, all your "hour long" shows last only 41-43 minutes and that's an 18 percent decrease in program time. More commercial time, though, so we'll all be happier! 😊 Yeah, right. 😡

Although it doesn't have anything directly to do with Netflix, besides the fact of shorter TV programs, TV "seasons" used to be 27-35 episodes long. In three seasons of the original Star Trek there were 79 episodes. each 48-50 minutes long. Today each "season" is usually 13 episodes that are only 41-43 minutes long, so that in that same three year time span one would only see 39 episodes of his favorite show. It's a pretty poor offering we're given on those grounds.

i77rs4m.jpg

#35 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

Gary ya got good taste in shows for sure. 100% correct about how series on TV have been condensed down and in some cases watered down. Vancouver BC is the new Mecca for North American TV it seems.   I do miss Lonello he used to keep us informed on latest Star Trek show :mellow: .  Fks your not far off about Netflix they have increased fees to boost their library/catalog. Netflix has let go/slip some very good shows in y opinion-- big Sunny in Philly fan ! 

#36 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

TV is not like it used to be. 

except for The Simpsons :D

• rgillis783 likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#37 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:18 PM

If I can give a tipp for those of you who wants to find a great TV serie, Watch LOST. It is one of the very special serie which is veeery different than the other one, because every single episode make a new questions and that everyone can see in a different way…

QUICK SUMMARY :

Lost is the story of the Oceanic flight 815 which crash on an island, in a mysterious way, 48 passengers survive. Noone is coming to rescue them so they need to organise to survive on this island which slowly shot them some misteries… And the question which leads the show is the Following one : " was it destiny or casuality ?"

I must specify that this serie doesn't have a genre ; it is either a suspense, drama, action, horror, love story adventure and whatever you want, that's why everyone can fid Something they will like in it.

https://youtu.be/KTu8iDynwNc

https://youtu.be/x80aRLFK1x4

• rgillis783 likes this

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#38 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• NASF Committee
  • 861 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

TV is not like it used to be. An hour episode of the old Star Trek used to last 48-50 minutes, so 10-12 minutes of commercials. Today, all your "hour long" shows last only 41-43 minutes and that's an 18 percent decrease in program time. More commercial time, though, so we'll all be happier! Yeah, right.

Although it doesn't have anything directly to do with Netflix, besides the fact of shorter TV programs, TV "seasons" used to be 27-35 episodes long. In three seasons of the original Star Trek there were 79 episodes. each 48-50 minutes long. Today each "season" is usually 13 episodes that are only 41-43 minutes long, so that in that same three year time span one would only see 39 episodes of his favorite show. It's a pretty poor offering we're given on those grounds.

Today, there are a lot more television options and high quality programming that is supported by higher paid actors and more advertising.

I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#39 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:54 PM

After the Big win for Pats in Super Bowl and then parade in Boston I found some down time. Of course I got my Stratego games in but after that I hit Netfix. I noticed an Anime-- Gun Gale Online-- by SAO folks. The protagonist is a young women with a stigma about their height. As they enter the GGO they are transformed into the pink devil a short young women in a male dominated game. If this sounds like it is familiar----- join the club. I binged 6 eps yesterday and kept think not bad. A ton of dialogue reminded me of Stratego  --"run rabbit" is just one of many.Let alone the tactics players use in GGO and Stratego. Anyhow not a bad anime if ya into that kinda thing. :)  ;)  :D  :lol:  :)

• Sorrow likes this

#40 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 2 weeks ago

>he literally believes the earth is flat, yeah... that is not a joke.

And he is not alone. There is an interesting Netflix documentary based on Flat Earthers - it is called ‘Beyond the Curve’

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users