Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:48 PM

This is odd to me, I've played tonylaw, many MANY times and he has never been abusive that I know of. I wonder what sets him off if he is being instigated to bad bahaviour. I'm disappointed to see this as I don't believe him to be ill tempered.
Jlaw on the other hand is a shuffler that frustrates me almost every time we play. Why couldn't roles be reversed :).

I have played him a lot too. When you come back to beat him in a game let's say via lotto he gets upset and will refuse a draw or stall. If you don't say anything to him though he will just surrender usually. He uses pretty much the same style every game and I'm sure that's why he dropped from 950 ELO to 750.

Jlaw uses the same 2 set ups since I've been playing on the site.
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#1602 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

Oh ok. That makes since, I would never know that about Tony because I don't beat him with lotto. It seems he does not mind good skill beating him though. I don't blame him, lotto is a pathetic and unpredictable way to win.

I guess that implies a lot about Traxex style then, eh?

#1603 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,032 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:53 PM

Tonylaw gets abusive sometimes when facing other Greeks (although with me he's been polite)
Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)

#1604 Traxex

Traxex

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:05 PM

Oh ok. That makes since, I would never know that about Tony because I don't beat him with lotto. It seems he does not mind good skill beating him though. I don't blame him, lotto is a pathetic and unpredictable way to win.

I guess that implies a lot about Traxex style then, eh?

You know what dude, thats pathetic. If you had actually written what I wrote, you would have known that he lottoed, blew up his marsh, and when i called out his lotto, he was abusive. So dont jump to conclusions. Your ignorance is something I can accept, your insults, not so much.

Just because someone used to be honorable, like you claim tonylaw was, doesnt mean he still is. So its really pathetic to have the facts right in front of your eyes and ignore them by jumping to conclusions.

Edited by Traxex, 09 November 2018 - 05:09 PM.

#1605 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

I'm sorry if that seemed ignorant on my part, I have played Tony many more times than you have I am sure of it and he is always a solid player, unless he was having a bad day, he only lottoed because you first took a lot of risks that paid off...im sorry if I can read in between the lines and that upsets you...

As for what you call an insult, I only stated something that implied your style, there for, if your style is an insult, maybe you should change your style ;)

I played Tony law 36 hours ago and he was as honourable as he has ever been.

#1606 Traxex

Traxex

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:26 PM

I'm sorry if that seemed ignorant on my part, I have played Tony many more times than you have I am sure of it and he is always a solid player, unless he was having a bad day, he only lottoed because you first took a lot of risks that paid off...im sorry if I can read in between the lines and that upsets you...

As for what you call an insult, I only stated something that implied your style, there for if your style was an insult when I brought it up, maybe you should change your style ;)

I played Tony law 36 hours ago and he was as honourable as he has ever been.

You cant even read the lines, let alone between them... I dont care how many times you have played him, but let me lay down some facts for you : fact 1(indisputable), he is now PB'ed, which means your ''honourable as ever '' tony has been abusive loooong before i came along.  fact 2 (indisputable) you can only assume why he lottoed and yet you are very quick to judge against me. fact 3 (again, indisputable, but i give you the benefit of the doubt, cause you dont speak greek). After his lotto rampage, i was frustrated and called him out on it (''goodbye, lotto boy'') at which point his abuse came. 

And I dont really care if he was having a bad day, I ve had those and lost 100 points but NEVER abused and NEVER disconnected. I always have the honour to resign, even when I lose to the most pathetic lotto boys. The fact he was never abusive could simply be because you never call out on lotto players. I do. But is it an excuse to tell me to go ''♥♥♥♥ myself'' ''go eat balls'' (not ''meatballs'', that is'') ? According to your honor, I guess so..

You were ignorant because you dont know greek, so you can see how the conversation went.  But now that you have been told, yoou might as well keep denying the facts because YOU know him..Not the guys he abused to be PB'ed.. YOU KNOW him..

I will stop bothering with you, I mean flat earthers, also, exist, and, like my boy Friedrich Schiller said, ''against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain..''

Edited by Traxex, 09 November 2018 - 07:37 PM.

#1607 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

Fair enough, I did not see the video and cannot make assumptions, that is true. I just know Tony is not one to abuse for no reason, I don't know why he did it but if it was at all instigated, I wish that would be considered by MT but without the video, they will never know.

#1608 Traxex

Traxex

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:42 PM

Fair enough, I did not see the video and cannot make assumptions, that is true. I just know Tony is not one to abuse for no reason, I don't know why he did it but if it was at all instigated, I wish that would be considered by MT but without the video, they will never know.

Yes yes, your saint tony who *only* abused enough people to get himself PB'ed. And I just told you the reason, i called him out on his lotto. You can see it in the chat and if you think i am lying about the translation, ask roeczak or Major Nelson. But insinuating that I lottoed when the exact opposite happened? Well, brings us back to ''thats pathetic, dude'' and the quote by my boy Schiller

#1609 HELLENIC MAJOR

HELLENIC MAJOR

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

hello

reporting "giannaros33"  again

pls ban him permantly, cause i warn him but he didn't care

https://imgur.com/a/T2iHW2o

#1610 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,715 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:37 PM

hello

reporting "giannaros33"  again

pls ban him permantly, cause i warn him but he didn't care

https://imgur.com/a/T2iHW2o

We'll add it to the case.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#1611 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,210 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:45 PM

Hellenic Major is a rude guy with many accounts surely.
http://imgur.com/a/ZFNk9nI
http://imgur.com/a/O4leBN5

We'll open a case.

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#1612 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,336 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

I played TonyLaw 20+ times.

He was never abusive in any games. The one time he showed some annoyance was after I won 3 times in successive nights against him. Got matched up again the next day and he lottod his Marshal right from the start. But he was not a 'lottoer' who does that all the time.

Another game I recall I was about 4 ranks up and winning easily but made a very dumb error which he exploited very well. He could have laughed or gloated but he was quite humble in the chat to win the game that way.

So, like Wogomite, I never had any problems with him at all.

Of course while on MT I saw some of the translations of abuse he chatted to other Greek players, and it was quite extreme. Actually I thought he already got a PB while I was there. It seemed to me though that several of the players who reported him had some reputation of provoking and then reporting. I got the impression that TonyLaw was a respectful player if he felt his opponent was respectful to him, but would respond to any insults.

Saying 'lottoboy' or whatever when you are in a winning position is kind of taunting. I don't see a problem with trash talk like that but you can't be surprised to get some back. 

Edited by tobermoryx, 09 November 2018 - 08:49 PM.

• Wogomite likes this

#1613 Traxex

Traxex

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:50 PM

Saying 'lottoboy' or whatever when you are in a winning position is kind of taunting. I don't see a problem with trash talk like that but you can't be surprised to get some back. 

Just one clarification and I am leaving it there :) I never taunt someone when I am winning, that would be soooo childish. I admit to taunting when someone heavily lotttos and loses, because I try to discourage that type of behaviour.. I know the line between "i am winning" and ''the other guy is losing'' is reaaaally fine, but i hope this clarifies it ;) 

• rgillis783 likes this

#1614 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,715 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:19 PM

@Tober: He was up for a PB after his draw refusal against me under 'mr evil'. I suggested we'd give him the optional reminder (public clarification: I did not vote in the case, but did suggest to give him the reminder instead of a PB)

I wish we had the option to just (permanently) mute players so their chat doesn't work instead of removing them from the player pool.

• GaryLShelton, tobermoryx, Wogomite and 1 other like this

#1615 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,715 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:27 PM

Player giannaros33 will receive a permanent ban as a result of several reports brought against this player lately.

#1616 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,210 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:17 AM

Hellenic Major is a rude guy with many accounts surely.
http://imgur.com/a/ZFNk9nI
http://imgur.com/a/O4leBN5

HELLENIC MAJOR will receive the 1st degree abusive behaviour letter.

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#1617 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:18 PM

mabey ban for live  https://imgur.com/a/GiAqx1U

https://imgur.com/a/ihVbtaj

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

#1618 Great Manos

Great Manos

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

I decided to start reporting the rude players.
http://imgur.com/a/OBmdBIo

Edited by GaryLShelton, 12 November 2018 - 11:34 PM.
Accused is vertigo12

• OVERLORD likes this

Never bring a sword to a gunfight.

#1619 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,715 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

And you should - it is the only way, unfortunately, to slowly sweep the abusive ones either out of improve their behavior.

Case will be opened.

#1620 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,268 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:35 PM

Pending admin action player vertigo12 will be banned for one week and he will receive a warning letter for abusive chat in a recent game with Great Manos.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users