Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:23 AM

and the nexst one even a platium marschall https://imgur.com/a/y7udJnl

The MT finds Marshal 2003 guilty of 2nd degree abusive behavior. Pending administrative action, he will be banned for one week and sent a warning letter.

• dutchkillers likes this
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#1144 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,717 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:30 AM

I believe that lottomania's behavior towards me was disrespectful and intended to solicit insults. I too would like to appeal my verdict.

The MT has decided that the WP remains.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog posts

#1145 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

The MT finds Marshal 2003 guilty of 2nd degree abusive behavior. Pending administrative action, he will be banned for one week and sent a warning letter.

is that for all his accounts or just marshal 2003 ?

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

#1146 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,717 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:05 AM

1.10 Aliases: Any violations for cheating, draw refusal, abusive behavior, or abuse in the forum that are committed by either a player, forum member, or an alias thereof, shall be considered to have been committed by both that person and all of his or her known aliases, as well as any aliases discovered later.

They should apply to all known names. Good point :).

• dutchkillers likes this

#1147 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

I must point out that lately I am very satisfied with the MT's performance. It seems that most cases are solved within a day or less. Hopefully the MT also begins to take into consideration improved draw refusal rules and other suggestions mentioned in threads like Future of the MT and such.

• rgillis783 likes this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#1148 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,717 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

I must point out that lately I am very satisfied with the MT's performance. It seems that most cases are solved within a day or less. Hopefully the MT also begins to take into consideration improved draw refusal rules and other suggestions mentioned in threads like Future of the MT and such.

There will be an announcement about this soon. After final approval from all, you'll see a first improvement which hopefully decreases the amount of clear draw time wasting frustrations.

• Wogomite and Fks like this

#1149 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

The MT will not ask Astros to remove his post from the 'disconnector' thread. The thread - though it was once pinned for some reason - is not an MT thread. It was begun by a regular player who encouraged others to post proofs of players who disconnected rather than surrender. People can look at the thread and make up their own minds about the players reported in it. Of course players who say it is unfair that they are in there can make posts in the thread to justify themselves.

The MT also decides there is no case of 'libel' against Dalee for his comments about Astros motives in making the post. The thread seems to mostly be for players that are concerned about sportsmanship, but also we can see that some may use the thread for egotistical reasons to show they beat someone badly etc. It is not possible to prove what the motives for anyone posting there is. 

I was gonna hang user-217 in hall of shame for disconnecting after losing General in start of match but then I saw this post. I would assume the MT member Tobermoryx was directly/indirectly addressing Astros in the above post. I for one hope so but if not I am happy to let MT member Tobermoryx and others know my motive for posting players there. Number one is I got two minutes to kill ie my scribbling out of my setup in my posts there. Secondly is I would like other players to know if interested that these players did this to another player. Thirdly it shows in some cases a player leaves game early after losing a Marshal/General early or lose one late in end game. Fourth and finally, ya I would agree with MT member Tobermoryx it is about sportsmanship & time !

#1150 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

it seems worthless to find a logical right on this forum.
The topic title humiliates anyone who gets on its list. It is unbelievable that the pathetic player astros characterize me as a player that doing such actions in my games. A single time, with specific situation, cannot give the right to someone as astros to do that.
By the way MT, I can see the way you act now. You have problem to manage the power. Some of you, have problem with me and you lost(if you had any) your fairness. In astros report, there are links from a pm that he published in public. It is right for you, or you don't know the forum rules. Also there is no reason for the report for him to publish the pm.
Anyway, I don't want to waste more of my time for such situations and unworthy persons.

Maybe I have different ethics, that don't belong here.

I ask from MT to delete my account from the site, but keep all my posts that I did in forum.

Contrarily ro Aris i don't like your post. I completely agree with the verdict of MT and even i don't necessarily agree with Astros, on this case i have to agree that he didn't make anything bad. The problem is dalee not astros.

Now you ask MT to delete your account from the site but not your posts. So first MT's role is not here to execute any request from members like you and second you shall be more precise with your request. Do you want to get deleted from forum only, from game site only, from both? Do you intend to start over with a new hidden account or do you definitively want to give up stratego?
  • TemplateRex likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#1151 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

@Napoleon1er :)

If there were three people like dalee in the world stratego community then the stratego would be three more levels over (players, tournaments....  x 3 )

• KARAISKAKIS and Fks like this

#1152 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,474 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

@Napoleon1er :)
If there were three people like dalee in the world stratego community then the stratego would be three more levels over (players, tournaments....  x 3 )

Agree x3!
  • Aris1970 likes this

#1153 dalee

dalee

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

I am not surrender from stratego. My opinion is that live stratego means real stratego and the online stratego has its value, but at most its role is to help the live part.

I am proud that I found the Patras Stratego Team with more than 30 live tournaments and over 400 participants from December of 2014.

I don't want to waste more of my time for persons like astros and you, or to find for fairness(not equality) from MT decisions. I want MT to delete my account both of statego play and forum, but not my posts for a very important reason. You may don't care, but most of my posts are important for the improvement of the community as they are posts of our events and tournaments with great feedback of the community(Greek and worldwide).

You can't understand how important is to give happiness to kids and senior players with your work, because your(and for many persons in this place) purposes are to feed your egoism.

I tried and I gave much of my energy in the forum, but now is the third time that I didn't get fair protection from MT and also I received unfair attack from other players.

I organised enough my team, and we have specific roles. One of our members is responsible to organize the online part and promote our work in forum. So I give more space and place to younger players as FGP_, The Achaean and PHAETHON.

That's all from me. Thanks Aris and Greg for your good words for me.

• KARAISKAKIS, Losermaker, Aris1970 and 1 other like this

#1154 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,717 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

You can request for a deletion via customercare.

• dalee likes this

#1155 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:14 AM

Dalee,

let me mention one thing to think about before you delete your account. You are quite the honorable player both in live and online. Your reputation is one of integrity and strong character traits which is why so many people trust you. One disconnect dispute will not tarnish peoples approval of who you are. Please don't choose to leave us because of a silly thing, you are more of an asset to us than that. The community was devastated when SevenSeas and Gwynplaine were banned. You would be doing the very same thing to us all by leaving. If you need to leave due to outside reasons, I by all means respect your decision. But please do not choose to leave because of internal reasons, this community is here for you also. 

To everyone,

Silver Hammer is partially right about the way the community has drama. We do. By the nature of such a critically demanding game, you will get very critical and opinionated types of people. We live and die together because of this. The very reason that Dalee is contemplating leaving is because of this. It's beautiful and ugly but more than that, it brings such passion out in the best and worst of us. We need to use this passion to further the development of Stratego across the world, not bicker like husbands and wives. It truly hurt when I knew the Greeks were having there own inner turmoil and heard a comment that secluded a different club like you would hear from a 10-14 year old. It is sad the lack of unity we all have but I don't believe it has to stay this way. I believe once we stand united, others will again find our community appealing and not appalling. 

• KARAISKAKIS, rgillis783, Fks and 1 other like this

#1156 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:35 AM

I agree with Wogomite 100%. Dalee I hope you reconsider your decision, I don't believe any one here wants you to leave the site.
  • rgillis783 likes this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#1157 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,202 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:04 AM

I agree with Wogomite 100%. Dalee I hope you reconsider your decision, I don't believe any one here wants you to leave the site.

I second this statement. That was a very nice post you made 4 posts up Dalee and now I believe I understand where you are coming from. You explain how it brings you joy to spread the love of stratego to all and being posted as a disconnecting loser in that thread lowers your reputation and deprives you of that joy regarding online stratego. I hope you are being honest about the disconnect being a mistake and if so I understand your frustration. And when I say this I really mean it - Don't leave: you would be missed by many.

• rgillis783 and Fks like this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#1158 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

@dalee: I think what Wogomite writes has much truth.

Do not let relatively small things distract you from the many good things you can achieve here by showing leadership and inspiring other people.

From the past months I feel like the community has grown more mature in the way we handle some things, some old enemies even put down their axes in the general interest, understanding that most of us stand for the same goals and want a positive community.

You know I support your vision of the bigger picture.

Morx

• rgillis783 likes this

#1159 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:12 PM

"12" : lotto charged with Marshall, then General, followed by foul language and admitting to running the clock down to make me "wait"

I received my points so no issues there, just would like to see this person disciplined for being a jerk.

Screenshot below with the chat open.

Edit: it isn't letting me paste my screenshot so I am attaching a file with the screenshot,

Edited by KnightofPepsi, 09 June 2018 - 10:18 PM.

#1160 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:13 PM

Just put a bomb front row and you win gg ez

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users