Please do something with the runners - 50% of games I win end with opponents disconnecting.
I suggest taking 5pts from each runner and giving these points to the winner each time game ends with disconnection.
People will not disconnect on purpose.
I disagree with you. The reason being that you assume these opponents that disconnect care about ELO, or ranking, or much of anything directly related to Stratego–they don't. How do I know? Because I have been on here long enough to know that most people come here for a match, but really have not developed any kind of in depth understanding of the game. There are people here with more than 7,000 games and they are (and will probably end their days) never beyond silver colonel...if even that.
The players who respect others, the players that surrender instead of disconnect, the players that are always growing and developing their skill...many are here on the Forum and they are not usually prone to disconnecting, double chasing, and wasting someone's time with 15 seconds per move. Sure, there are some decent players who resort to these tactics on occasion, but most of the serious players do not disconnect.
BIG DEAL if some loser disconnects, and even BIGGER DEAL if you have to wait two and a half minutes...readjust your point of view to deal with a disconnect as follows:
1) Laugh, because they can't handle losing
2) You out played them and they couldn't handle it
3) You hit your opponent so hard that they think their pathetic disconnect will upset you...WRONG...
you're laughing, remember?
4) Wait patiently, glowing in the fact that you ae good enough to have destroyed your opponent
5) Think about your loved one and how proud they are that you are not a loser
6) Laugh again...why? Your opponent is a loser and you are not.
7) Only losers disconnect instead of a brisk surrender.
Edited by KissMyCookie, 10 January 2018 - 10:07 PM.