• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:44 PM

For those of you who do not understand Greek

You do?!

Luckily for me, I have a weapon called Google at my disposal. 

• Fairway likes this

#22 Fks

Fks

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

What an amazing way to start 2018 :(
  • GaryLShelton, maxroelofs, texaspete09 and 1 other like this

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#23 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

#17 icon_share.png KARAISKAKIS

General

• photo-thumb-108.jpg?_r=1515230599
  • WC Online Team
  • staff.png
  • 2,310 posts
  • Decal003.png
  • rank40.png

Posted 10 hours ago

@  ☆OVERLORD☆ and his lawyer

6DbX1be.png

KEEP CALM ;)

@KARAISKAKIS
My friend I understand you completely, it's hard to be alone, most players from your club have moved to Captains club

Have courage my friend!

MODERATOR NOTE: Please remember all posts here need to be in English. Thank you for the English translation, Aris.

• ☆OVERLORD☆ likes this

#24 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:23 AM

@KARAISKAKIS

My friend I understand you completely, it's hard to be alone, most players from your club have moved to Captains club

Have courage my friend!

Did you use Google translate for YOUR message? That's great...it's so close to what I already wrote. Thank you for supporting my interpretation of your sarcastic message.  :P

KMC

• Koan likes this

#25 Koan

Koan

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:31 AM

Can't we all just get along?????

Seriously........

This is like grade school stuff...

Open the news and read the headlines.

There are actually REAL problems in the world,

which makes banter and hurt feelings

over a "changing a name" comment pretty insignificant.

• GaryLShelton, Fairway, roeczak and 1 other like this

#26 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

Can't we all just get along?????

Seriously........

This is like grade school stuff...

Open the news and read the headlines.

There are actually REAL problems in the world,

which makes banter and hurt feelings

over a "changing a name" comment pretty insignificant.

Greetings and salutations, Koan!

You are correct about the world outside of the forum–there are far more serious and dramatic issues that have the very real possibility of affecting all of us, and that we may all find ourselves in peril. There is no doubt of this truth, but we cannot live in the fear and the reality of these existing matters for much longer than we can tolerate. That is why many of us escape to the Forum so that we may vent, act like idiots, and maybe even pretend for a few moments that our problems are much more immediate and serious than a nuclear war between the U.S.A. and N.K.

...so...you are right that UNDERPANTS and his issues are insignificant...in fact they are crap when you compare them with the rest of the world's problems. I mean, a fart in the wind has more staying power than this matter, and I am sure that when you wake up on Sunday morning, and you go to the Forum to see what's stinking up the airwaves...you're still going to see that UNDERPANTS is whining and crying about having a poop filled diaper to dispatch. I say we just wipe all of this away...I mean, let's just flush it and be done with it. As the old Gershwin song goes..."Doo doo doo..." or is that "Do do do" as lyrics? I forget.

Wishing you a Happy New Year, Koan! By the way, "changing a name" is the issue? You mean like DRAGNET where the names are changed to protect the innocent?...oh well...see how uninformed I am about Forum matters...go figure.

KMC

Edited by KissMyCookie, 07 January 2018 - 01:26 AM.

#27 roeczak

roeczak

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

Robert, 

Can you please stop expanding this flame war endlessly? This is not a personal attack, but things need to calm down. It's sad to see our two best players (my opinion) have such disrespect for each other, but we do not need to start a war here in the Forum over this.

Happy 2018 to all of the Stratego Community ! May you enjoy playing more than you did last year ! 

Roeczak

• Fairway and KissMyCookie like this

Proud Member of the Stratego Captains Club (the strongest club in Greece by a long margin)

#28 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

Robert, 

Can you please...

Happy 2018 to all of the Stratego Community ! May you enjoy playing more than you did last year ! 

Roeczak

Roeczak,

Happy New Year to you, too. And, a very big "thank you" to you for being polite...it is greatly appreciated. Please understand...it really is not a flame-war, and J.V.'s hysterics and misunderstanding of phraseology is what started the ball rolling. You certainly have a fine reputation for being fair and balanced, so I would urge you to ask J.V. to consult with you before he takes it upon himself to fly off of the handle so quickly. His name change is fine, and even his ego are tolerable to a certain limit, but his deciding upon an attack against Nortrom, which is based purely upon his ignorance, is so uncalled for.

In any event, I do appreciate your civil and polite message to me.

Take it easy, brother.

KMC

#29 Koan

Koan

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

Hi KMC!

Thank you for your response!  It is as if you read my mind...I am in the U.S. and Foreign Affairs are a bit amiss at this time (gross understatement).  And that does have far reaching effects when we are all on the same spinning rock.  :unsure:

I do understand the need to vent.  I guess my point was also that this is the "Topics of Abusive Behavior" thread.  In six days, there is only one complaint for our new year, however, I hardly find the complaint falling under "Abusive Behavior."  Not even close.....  Perhaps Overlord, if he wanted to vent, should have just posted a new thread stating his gripe.  Or MT could move this to a new thread so we can see how long we can go this year before someone actually reports abusive behavior.

As far as abusive behavior goes, I have had my fair share, doing nothing to bring it on.  I have had to listen to people say they are going to "F" my mother, only they spell it out.  She happens to be deceased, so it really is not a nice thing in general to say to people.  I have had people say they are going to rape me, repeatedly, in game chat.  It doesn't really matter that I am a woman, it's not like they know, but here again, more abusive behavior.  I have been called other colorful things as well, sometimes just because I am winning.

Have I ever filed anything under the "Abusive Behavior Thread?"  No.  As an adult, I realize there are sick pigs and immature kids that spout off gross obscenities like they are nothing.  They are the ones who have to live with themselves.  I can close a chat box, or leave a game and find a more pleasant opponent.  So, for me, bottom line, Overlord's "issue" is mis-categorized.

And, Happy New Year to you, too, Roeczak, and everyone else on the site!!!!  Wishing you all the best as well!  :)

Koan

#30 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:08 AM

If I may, I think I will insert my two cents.

This matter is really over nothing. There is no abusive behavior in the comments Nortrom made. As Robert said, it is merely a matter of speech, and whether a player who doesn't understand English well picks up on that, that is their fault for enflaming the matter in my opinion. I think that although Overlord has had his past issues he is a good guy. But this is simply a worthless matter that divides the community over nothing. I agree with Koan, we have worse problems. Let's drop the matter and forgive each other, and forget this; it is a pointless altercation.

Wishing everyone a great 2018

• GaryLShelton and Koan like this

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#31 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 493 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:32 AM

Dear Major Nelson–You are one of my very favorite people here on this entire forum. You are a gentleman, a marvelous Stratego player, and it is clear that you are a very decent individual...there is no doubt of this fact. J.V. is young, as are you, but you have something which he has not developed to your level...character. Please try to understand that whatever he reaps, he has sown by his own hand:

His infamous reputation from the past for cheating;
Endless multiple accounts for 'who' knows what purpose...scouting?...research?...study?;
An unbridled arrogance in spite of his marvelous talent for this game;
His manipulative modus operandi in collecting people to be on his side; (pssst–he is most likely a narcissist)
The shameless self-promotion which should not be at all about him, but about the joy of Stratego;
His out of control EGO

In time, you will recognize more of these truths on your own and you are free to keep them to yourself and in the quietude of your solitary thoughts–you are a quality man for standing up for him because you have a connection to him which suggests as much action...but you must not allow yourself to get lost in his egotistical web of deceit. Please be careful.

Thank you for your candor and your passion, Major Nelson...you are very lucky that Jeannie is also on your side...she's great.

Ευτυχισμένο το νέο έτος!

KMC

I have read the reports concerning Overlord's past accounts. But they were a long time ago and as you say he is still young. He may have been immature in the past but he no longer succumbs to such behaviour. I did not play stratego at that time, so I am only interested in the present. And what I see is that John is willing to make a fresh start while some of you aren't.
He has the right to have as many accounts as he wants as long as he names them at the alias register. About your suspicion that he may use some accounts to scout set ups, the answer is that Overlord doesn't need to scout set ups to be a top player.
He may be a bit arrogant sometimes but at such high level it's difficult to constrain his excitement. I find bullying a far more negative behaviour than boasting.
  • Aris1970 likes this
Winning isn 't everything, but wanting to win is.

#32 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

I have read the reports concerning Overlord's past accounts. But they were a long time ago and as you say he is still young. He may have been immature in the past but he no longer succumbs to such behaviour. I did not play stratego at that time, so I am only interested in the present. And what I see is that John is willing to make a fresh start while some of you aren't.
He has the right to have as many accounts as he wants as long as he names them at the alias register. About your suspicion that he may use some accounts to scout set ups, the answer is that Overlord doesn't need to scout set ups to be a top player.
He may be a bit arrogant sometimes but at such high level it's difficult to constrain his excitement. I find bullying a far more negative behaviour than boasting.

Dear Major Nelson,

Thank you for your kind reply–it is good to hear from you.

Please, I must clarify something as I believe it has been misunderstood:

About your suspicion that he may use some accounts to scout set ups...

I have NO suspicions about his Stratego methodology these days and I categorically did NOT imply that he scouts setups–that is totally incorrect and you misunderstand. I posed questions about his past, not his present, and they were not delivered as statements of facts, but as questions regarding only his past.

As for his behavior, he verily misunderstood Nortrom's statement as this is a well known figure of speech amongst English language speakers, and such phrases about women changing their minds transcend mere culture–most cultures have such a phrase at their disposal.

As for bullying, no one here is bullying anyone, Major Nelson:

bully 1 |ˈboŏlē|

noun ( pl. -lies)

a person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.

verb ( -lies, -lied) [ trans. ]

use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants : a local man was bullied into helping them.

Based on your own description of John, do you see him as a weak, knee shaking coward? I do not! And how is he being coerced into doing something he does not want to do? He is free to come and go as he pleases, he takes full advantage of his liberty to make posts that expresses his point of view, and he even has his own threads available on the Forum, without the hindrance of censorship, so...bullying? REALLY?! I completely disagree with your misunderstanding here.

Major Nelson, you mean that John can make an attack and an unfounded accusation upon anyone he chooses and that this community has no right to react to it, and that he should not have ANY fallout from such an activity?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?! HE ASKED FOR IT when he made such a complaint, and the MT has decided to invest their time investigating this matter when there are other things that they could be doing that have greater urgency.

If anything about this situation is being attacked, it is not John, but rather his attitude that is garnering the reactions of the community. He is more than lucky to have you as an advocate, Major Nelson.

Thank you for your post, sir.

KMC

Edited by KissMyCookie, 07 January 2018 - 09:00 AM.

#33 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

@Major Nelson

P.S.–

...John is willing to make a fresh start while some of you aren't.

In a game he had using an alias with his known opponent, Unladen Swallow, he refused to identify himself for whatever reason. This choice of John's ultimately revealed that he had failed to register that account with the TC which has led to his having a 6 to 8 month ban (if memory serves me) on John's ability to participate in some tournaments. Can we qualify his not registering that account (Abaddon666) as an oversight and a mistake–of course we can as that would be likely the case.

IHe has the right to have as many accounts as he wants as long as he names them at the alias register. 

I do not have a problem with this, but ask Don Mitsos and a host of others from your own community and I am sure that you will find many passionate replies arguing against this practice.

So if I may ask at the risk of appearing foolish, what "fresh start" are we talking about, please?

KMC

#34 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

KEEP CALM ;)

@KARAISKAKIS

Have courage my friend!

MODERATOR NOTE: Please remember all posts here need to be in English. Thank you for the English translation, Aris.

I want to report Aris for abusing behavior against  the word " friend" and the true meaning of this word. 

Please do not call me again with this word as far as you not understand its definition

#35 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

#17 icon_share.png KARAISKAKIS

General

• photo-thumb-108.jpg?_r=1515230599
  • WC Online Team
  • staff.png
  • 2,310 posts
  • Decal003.png
  • rank40.png

Posted 10 hours ago

@  ☆OVERLORD☆ and his lawyer

6DbX1be.png

KEEP CALM ;)

@KARAISKAKIS

Have courage my friend!

it was a normal reply to you for your unacceptable and ironic post to me.
For which I should report you about the ironic - offensive post to me.
KARAISKAKIS, We have been talking on the phone daily for several hours (3-4 years), you could to teach me English , so I would know English

#36 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

If I may, I think I will insert my two cents.

This matter is really over nothing. There is no abusive behavior in the comments Nortrom made. As Robert said, it is merely a matter of speech, and whether a player who doesn't understand English well picks up on that, that is their fault for enflaming the matter in my opinion. I think that although Overlord has had his past issues he is a good guy. But this is simply a worthless matter that divides the community over nothing. I agree with Koan, we have worse problems. Let's drop the matter and forgive each other, and forget this; it is a pointless altercation.

Wishing everyone a great 2018

THIS

tumblr_nb99x1fR4L1rrkahjo2_250.gif

This is teh internet, man. People need to grow a skin. Many things can be said and have been said about the behavioural flaws of Nortrom, but at least he wasn't whining in here when he was being called out on it and someone said he was an arrogant prick.

Use the ignore function to your advantage, do not waste the time of MT and do not pollute the forum with personal feuds.

• Nortrom and Morx like this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#37 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

THIS

tumblr_nb99x1fR4L1rrkahjo2_250.gif

This is teh internet, man. People need to grow a skin. Many things can be said and have been said about the behavioural flaws of Nortrom, but at least he wasn't whining in here when he was being called out on it and someone said he was an arrogant prick.

Use the ignore function to your advantage, do not waste the time of MT and do not pollute the forum with personal feuds.

I agree, I stated that the whole "case" was a ridiculous waste of time..   We have better things to do.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#38 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,657 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

Although we might agree he was not acting the best, in the case of time wasting by tokalafox the MT finds not enough evidence without a video to convict in the claim by malcom.jansen originally presented here:

http://forum.strateg...702#entry443702

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#39 mazuzam

mazuzam

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

I think you may have a bug when calculating points.

This player walked his Marshal into a bomb, waited 3min and then disconnected.

He/she was 500 level player but very much lotto oriented.

By doing this trick there was no change in the scores (I guess for both of us).

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5722.PNG

Edited by mazuzam, 08 January 2018 - 08:03 PM.

#40 122333444455555

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

Reporting Mountain1 for an unbelievable amount of repetitive harassment. There are about a million more examples from our chat, but here are several examples.

https://imgur.com/a/yjjtA  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GaryLShelton