#321 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,047 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

I would like to report Lonello for defamation / slander. Spreading of bogus statements and blatant lies.

"but I am witness to Nortrom's crimes live. Very dirty." source: http://forum.strateg...he-mt/?p=447107

I also would like voting by MT to be done publicly on this matter. ( discussion can be done within MT. Just  Mod X: Guilty. Mod Y: Not guilty will suffice. )

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#322 OuweSok

OuweSok

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

It is called libel, Lord Voldetrom

• GaryLShelton and Nortrom like this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#323 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,047 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

https://www.ls-advoc...ster-belediging

Libel is when one says 'bad' things about one, but are based on truth. While slander / defamation is about untrue statements (like here).

I must admit I like the "Lord" part!  :D

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#324 OuweSok

OuweSok

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

Slander is spoken defamation, libel is written defamation

• GaryLShelton likes this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#325 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,047 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

"Defamation is an area of law that provides a civil remedy when someone's words end up causing harm to your reputation or your livelihood. Libel is a written or published defamatory statement, while slander is defamation that is spoken by the defendant." Learn something new every day :). But also do note that there is a language barrier here.

I must admit to only having looked up the Dutch meaning of words, either way, let it be clear that:

1. Lonello's message was meant to damage my good standing reputation

2. Was based on stories that only exist in his world

#326 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

Nortrom

As you know MT cannot be judge and party so we cannot judge cases against ourselves. For any claims you may have against MT you are invited to contact customercare directly. They have already been informed of your lamentations...
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#327 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,047 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

1.3 Moderator Involvement in a Case: A moderator may, for any offense covered by these rules, present a claim for a case he is involved in just as any other player or forum member, but he or she will not be able to vote in that particular case. The same will be if a claim for a case is brought against a moderator by another person. That moderator will not be able to vote on the case.

I see MT once again refuses to execute standing policies. Thanks for making this even more apparent.

• imperium likes this

#328 A.E.K.

A.E.K.

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:54 AM

https://imgur.com/a/bkQuT

MODERATOR NOTE: This is about abuse by shfreosgfli

#329 A.E.K.

A.E.K.

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:55 AM

https://imgur.com/a/ypPYF

MODERATOR NOTE: This is about abuse by tonylaw35.

#330 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

I’d like to report myself for savagely and cruelly ridiculing my abusive opponent.  I think I’m having too much fun playing right now.  Never piss off your opponent in chat.  They’ll concentrate harder to beat you, then ruthlessly mock you when you lose.

https://youtu.be/z1MTZofC7NM   (This video of 3 screen caps is unlisted and will be deleted in 1 week).

No case should be opened against my opponent since I was not offended at all.  “Sticks and stones my break my bones, but words will never hurt me.”  A warning email, saying he should probably take up checkers online if he can’t beat a dumb, bad Stratego player with an open flag up front should suffice.

• GaryLShelton and General Rascal like this

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

#331 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,047 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Only appropriate punishment would be an immediate promotion to platinum level I feel.

#332 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

Would that be a punishment now? With the amount of cheaters and setup scouters (at least 1 of 3 games) it sure feels like one. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 20 February 2018 - 05:15 PM.

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world.

#333 General Rascal

General Rascal

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

I’d like to report myself for savagely and cruelly ridiculing my abusive opponent.  I think I’m having too much fun playing right now.  Never piss off your opponent in chat.  They’ll concentrate harder to beat you, then ruthlessly mock you when you lose.

https://youtu.be/z1MTZofC7NM   (This video of 3 screen caps is unlisted and will be deleted in 1 week).

No case should be opened against my opponent since I was not offended at all.  “Sticks and stones my break my bones, but words will never hurt me.”  A warning email, saying he should probably take up checkers online if he can’t beat a dumb, bad Stratego player with an open flag up front should suffice.

Dobby, you got to post this to the Most Satisfying Win thread. To have such an abusive player fail to find a front row flag and actually informing him where it is located is pure enjoyment.

#334 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 732 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

Regarding the libel and slander case above involving Lonello and Nortrom, I do not agree with the capitalization and the coloring of the case and the way he is presenting it, but the actual case makes sense.

Lonello is actually telling things that can be proven to be incorrect (and possibly hurt Nortoms reputation.)

1 "First you harass our Greek MT-member last week up to the point he even resigns, for so much as opening an PM thread discussing some fun in ALTERNATIVE PLAYING OPTIONS."

This is untrue and I have the evidence for it to prove this, may it so be required. Major Nelson also has it and I assume he will confirm my story in this.

2 "What we've always known is that in Metaforge (Nortrom/Morx) it was a huge mess. There were only great single soles like The_Prof trying to keep things in check."

I have never actively been in a moderator team with an mod called The_Prof and Nortrom at the same time.

3 Lonello is referring to a match between The Zone and Metaforge when I was a member of Metaforge and Nortrom did not even play online at Metaforge.

4 "I see you pledge to PB Cookie and Swallow in this thread for that is also jurisprudence and MT should not be keeping those alive. So no help from the Brits. After you pulled your APO-stunt with the Greeks on our great Major Nelson I see no help there either :blink:. "

The APO-stunt part of this statement is untrue, see nr1

I would  like to see the evidence of the first part of this sentence because I have read the whole thread and he is not saying anywhere that he wants to ban either of these players.

#335 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:53 AM

Morx, all these petty 'cases' of the last week currently under Admin review only show the pathetic behavior of Nortrom. There ofcourse is a huge list of abuse of Nortrom left in plain sight on the forum. I for one have always advised to keep them there and not hide so everyone can witness it, and so is Admin. We're not only morons and what have you.

more than 1 complaint about the Malicious Tyrants.

To point, yes I do confirm you've approached me and told me that (or was telling me that still), and I accepted that but given no chance to say that sure I accept then it was NOT Nortrom trying to bring down someone this time... so it are moreover the other WCO members trying to cut ALTERNATIVE PLAYING OPTIONS. I was under the impression that all of you did as Major Nelson told us about multiple WCO-members so this clearly looked (s) like an ambush to me.

This is why I always insist in open communication with all people involved... not that it is needed to speak in, but at least you are best informed. That it didn't happen here was because of his early installment, so he didn't know to act this way (normally, again, an MT-member would add the other MT-members to the string immediately if this happens). To the entirity of MT we were shocked by your ambush 'welcoming' our young new member in which in fact led to his accepted resignation but after 'talking like Brugman' we were able to prevent this. I see all of this as a clear act to purge, which had been mentioned by all 3 of WCO seperately to us recently... statement followed up by action, one can hardly see around it.

About Metaforge and all the ancient stories I was never drawing lines you do at all. Your points 2 and 3 are pointless. I have never said you were in any Moderator team nor did I say that of The_Prof or Nortrom. I wouldn't even know if there was a Moderator team there. Nor did I say anything in my mere example of the match between The Zone and Metaforge that you were a member of Metaforge then, nor Nortrom. I solely mentioned Vincent de Boer there!

As for your last point, I was combining the earlier posts starting with Malcom to one, ridiculing what Nortrom is saying, so ofcourse that was irony pointing out the enormous amount of hypocrisy there... from the start he's coming with his favorite ancient Sadistic example who was banned here and that he himself was punished by KARAISKAKIS for mentioning so much as 'clown' to someone. Demanding we punish the same now. Show no favoratism. Well, if we don't, we need to ban Nortrom next now, don't we?

Lo

#336 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 732 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:45 AM

Lonello,

There is a lot of assumptions and unchecked facts in that post again. I will not go through all of those, but here is a few things to think about:

1 You say it is an Ambush. Based on what? You agree you did not actually see the message involved.

2 Im happy you are trying to get the facts sorted on the Metaforge story.

3 I missed any irony or something of the sorts in point 4, just took your statement at face value because none of the other statements made in the post were intented to be funny.

#337 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,750 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:56 AM

I would like to report Napoleon 1er based on:

2. The following topics are strictly off limits, including in external links:

- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Soliciting, begging

I also would like voting by MT to be done publicly on this matter. ( discussion can be done within MT. Just  Mod X: Guilty. Mod Y: Not guilty will suffice. )

A case will be opened, but as our policy is to never be publicly divisive amongst ourselves, we will not divulge the individual voting within the MT on this matter.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#338 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,750 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:57 AM

I would like to report Lonello for defamation / slander. Spreading of bogus statements and blatant lies.

"but I am witness to Nortrom's crimes live. Very dirty." source: http://forum.strateg...he-mt/?p=447107

A case will be opened, but as our policy is to never be publicly divisive amongst ourselves, we will not divulge the individual voting within the MT on this matter.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#339 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,750 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:06 AM

report https://imgur.com/a/bkQuT
MODERATOR NOTE: This is about abuse by shfreosgfli

reporthttps://imgur.com/a/ypPYF
MODERATOR NOTE: This is about abuse by tonylaw35.

Cases will be opened.

i77rs4m.jpg

#340 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

libel

Just some facts then: there was a rattle of half a dozen posts coming in from you. It was hard to tell what question belonged to what part of the discussion. I responded to you in 1 good post, then never heard again until the slander above (seemingly accusing me of 'just telling things'). Though I do like the term libel; that's a nice insect over here, isn't it, Morx? Anyway, you approached me, and we were in the process of getting some facts straight, then you followed up with this confusing posting after which I reacted in the afternoon, then nothing to be heared from you for about 12 hours, but then in the night you come with such a nice insect. Fine... just figures again what I said before. You admitted all of this AFTER that post of yours, saying you were sitting in a tram so couldn't manage to properly react. Fine, excuse accepted (now that post of yours still).

And I will not go through anything on 'the Metaforge story'. I'm not interested in that club. I only asked you if perhaps Sadistic came from there which question you kept ignoring. And irony is not always to be intented to be funny either. And about the ambush I think I have made perfectly clear why I qualified it so. If it wasn't anything like that, then why did it end up breaking him, and why did you admit to me this was your intention and that you would gladly like to see him go still? Anyway, this is not the thread for it and we can expect the calls "get a room guys" so I'll PM you back instead.

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users